What's new

Re-Incarnation

Vinaire

Sponsor
I think what we have are knots in our electronic persona that needs to be straightened out. When that is done, it frees up our creative abilities.

The process of resolving those knots brings up pictures of the MEST universe. We may give significance to those pictures, but that is secondary.

The focus should simply be on straightening out our electronic persona.

If interested, one may simply stitch together those significances using one's creative abilities into interesting stories and sell them to Hollywood.

Lovesnightsky

Silver Meritorious Patron
Not to say it is either "true" or "false" but why would you consider that someone reporting a similar death would in some sense invalidate your own experience?

Specifically with regard to greece, it was throughout much of antiquity a very violent place and women were OFTEN subject to horrible abuse, frequently by their relations.

Mark A. Baker

Oh, but I do not consider the Greece incident of the other woman an invalidation what so ever. On the contrary, it brought some proof to what I experienced. What I am saying is that it in itself does not prove that one entity, one person, experiences individual and unique lives, but that it could be a shared experience that many people can tap into.

And with regard your post, I do agree that it doesn't really matter that while auditing the incident the person runs is imaginary or whether it really happened. If it works, then run it! I have always felt that the question of whether it is imagination or happened in RL is irrelevant when it comes to auditing or other types of regression healing.

Oh, but I do not consider the Greece incident of the other woman an invalidation what so ever. On the contrary, it brought some proof to what I experienced. What I am saying is that it in itself does not prove that one entity, one person, experiences individual and unique lives, but that it could be a shared experience that many people can tap into.

Got it.

Other "interpretations" of "past lives", "whole lives", "entities", etc. are certainly possible. Many alternatives have been proposed among various "alternative" practices.

The common scientology views are simple ones which are readily comprehended. They may not be absolutely "true" but they are "workable" for the purposes of scientology technology.

How a "pc" chooses to explains such things to himself (i.e. his "truth") is for him to decide.

The function of scientology is to help the pc get whatever gain is possible by running out any charge associated with such phenomena.

Mark A. Baker

radar

Patron
Going back to my original post. could it be that these memories of other lives be a case for inherited memories?
http://www.thechiclinic.co.uk/id18.html[/url][/URL]

nw2394

Did we both pick up, resonated, on the same traumatic life or lives of women who were thrown off cliffs in Greece? Or did we in fact both live there in the past and had similar fates?

Why question it? The experience was real enough to you and, given that you're not digging it up from a book or film that you saw but have subsequently forgotten, then it has to come from somewhere else. Does it really matter whether it is your past life or someone else's or some other far out theory. To me what matters is whether you inspect it in sufficient detail that whatever you were addressing in session no longer bothers you now.

Nick

Lovesnightsky

Why question it? The experience was real enough to you and, given that you're not digging it up from a book or film that you saw but have subsequently forgotten, then it has to come from somewhere else. Does it really matter whether it is your past life or someone else's or some other far out theory. To me what matters is whether you inspect it in sufficient detail that whatever you were addressing in session no longer bothers you now.

Nick

Exactly my point. But it is a very interesting question, philosophically speaking :D

Pepin

Patron with Honors
Got it.

Other "interpretations" of "past lives", "whole lives", "entities", etc. are certainly possible. Many alternatives have been proposed among various "alternative" practices.

The common scientology views are simple ones which are readily comprehended. They may not be absolutely "true" but they are "workable" for the purposes of scientology technology.

How a "pc" chooses to explains such things to himself (i.e. his "truth") is for him to decide.

The function of scientology is to help the pc get whatever gain is possible by running out any charge associated with such phenomena.

Mark A. Baker

I can't speak for anyone else. My memories of past lives are exactly that. My memories. I remember because I was there. The GE too was there and will have it's own memories. My memories are not from some big collective pool. They are my memories. I know where I have been, what I have done.

I never met hubbard.
When I was a Greek, there was this certain roman who would come visit now and then...

Colleen K. Peltomaa

This is something I have been very interested in. When my now 19 year old son was about 3 years old and I was pushing him down the street on his pushchair (stroller), he saw an old man walking towards us using a wooden walking stick. He pointed at the man and in his baby voice he said, "I used to have one of those sticks before I died."
The hairs in the back of my neck stood on end.

Reincarnation was not something that was spoken about in our house. Plus the words he used, "before I died," were not something I, or anyone else I knew, had ever said before.
Up to that point reincarnation to me was a good working theory, and I did kind of "believe" in it.

Years later I did have some regression experiences and during my fling with scientology my auditing went whole track straight away. The events in my prior life with regard scientology did cause problems with my case file.

But, I am not entirely convinced that when we experience the memories and lives of other incarnations we are dealing with something that only "us" as an individual entity has experienced. I think it is more in the lines of Jung's collective consciousness (not sure of the name of it).

Imagine also that linear time is a figment of our imagination, this means that all lives happened/are happening/will happen at the same time. Following this train of thought, if something in our own present life experience creates a certain "vibration" that is also being experienced in another life experience, they will resonate with each other, just like two unrelated instruments resonate with the same musical note.

So, for example. I once looked at a picture of the Greek coast and totally freaked out. I said I hated the place and then had a very visual recollection of being very dark, wearing black clothes and being in an large orange grove collecting oranges when a group of people, about 5, star walking toward me. The other workers move away in fear. They come to me and one of them reads a declaration that I am a witch and will suffer the consequences etc.. Next scene, I am at the edge of a cliff looking down at the sea, there are many people behind me and I am pushed off the cliff and fall to my death.

This was a very powerful memory.

Years later, a book by a Dr. Brian Weiss told of a regression by a woman who described a very similar experience in a previous life in Greece.

Did we both pick up, resonated, on the same traumatic life or lives of women who were thrown off cliffs in Greece? Or did we in fact both live there in the past and had similar fates?

It is a very good question.

It was very common during a period in Europe to condemn women as witches. Why, if you went out in the woods and picked herbs you could be a witch. If you did not age properly you could be a witch, the list went on and on, and many women were killed. Even a few real witches too :D

Lovesnightsky

Would you like to go into more detail about your past life experience with scientology?

There's a little bit about it here:

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=63992&postcount=21

Since I posted that entry I did some research and think I might have found the person, but I need a few more details to be able to confirm it for sure. When I read the names and what this person had done in the tech and his profession before scientology I had a huge physical and emotional reaction. This was not the first person who died during those years that I had researched, the others did not have the same history I had recalled nor any reaction when I read their stories.
It would be very interesting if other people have recalled the same lifetime!!!! [this is my cop-out clause as he wasn't all good and sweet]

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Oh, great! That was very interesting. What years was this? My experience with LRH was around 1948 until about 1953 when I died (possibly boat accident). My name was (Amanda?) Jan(n) Sisk. I had to consult the "Akashic Records" to get it. Lo and Behold! there was one sheet of paper with my name on it and notes in between. I usually can spot a past lifer from that time period.

Lovesnightsky

Oh, great! That was very interesting. What years was this? My experience with LRH was around 1948 until about 1953 when I died (possibly boat accident). My name was (Amanda?) Jan(n) Sisk. I had to consult the "Akashic Records" to get it. Lo and Behold! there was one sheet of paper with my name on it and notes in between. I usually can spot a past lifer from that time period.

Well, mine ended in the early 60s. If you died on a boat I have a feeling it was not an accident. One of the things that came up with me is that more than one very powerful and talented, in other words genuine, "OT"s were gotten rid of using this Modus Operandi. Only you can now if this feels true. I hope it didn't happen to you.

Last edited:

Colleen K. Peltomaa

I kept running into past lifers around that time whose lives were cut short. One fella told me he was tortured to death by a psych. One fella in an explosion. Oh, well, I think it was either boat or train or plane.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

I kept running into past lifers around that time whose lives were cut short. One fella told me he was tortured to death by a psych. One fella in an explosion. Oh, well, I think it was either boat or train or plane.

I was definitely a genuine OT and probably stupid enough to reveal it. My "certificate" at that time actually read "OTIII". I'm still scratching my head over that.

radar

Patron
A man is lost in the desert, he's been too long without water. He wonders about under the heat of the day's sun. As he stumbles over the sand dunes he begins to see a body of water in the distance, his hopes raised he runs towards this oasis, he can feel the moisture in the air, hear the sound of birds at the waters edge. His mind overwhelmed with joy assures him the experience is reall. But alas its only a mirage.
Yes the mind can play tricks

Not in the CofS.
Not interested in the Co$. Left it in '82 because of organizational attempts to supplant valid policy with practices which did not conform to scientology tech.

"It's true if it's true for you."

ANY scientologist, whether SO, Co$ or freezone, "enforcing" ANY other viewpoint on another is NOT using scientology.

What people may have "learned" or "experienced" as a result of involvement with the Co$ since that time is highly unlikely to be ACTUAL scientology.

Other's may argue the exact point at which the Co$ stopped using scientology. For me it is enough to know that they had stopped using it by some point in the '80s.

Mark A. Baker