What's new

Regraded Being

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know about that. It seems to give the impression that everything was sweetness and light before Miscavige came along.

The truth is that Hubbard was a lying, cheating con man who was quite happy to break up families for his own purposes and everything bad about scientology was created by him.

I don't know about that. It seems to give the impression that everything was sweetness and light before Miscavige came along.

The truth is that Hubbard was a lying, cheating con man who was quite happy to break up families for his own purposes and everything bad about scientology was created by him.
The attitude was different then in the late sixties and seventies, and a lot of it was because we were idealists, who believed we were saving the planet. The sea org was on the ship, some OTL offices, and a couple AOs. It, Scientology's makeup and attitudes, rapidly changed as the SO took over more functions, took over SH and ASHO and became omnipresent. I think though, the SO evolved as well, became more machine like, and made a big change in attitude, and became more militaristic when Miscavavge took charge.

Do any of the ex so members agree with that, or am I wrong? Perhaps it was a function of how close to or distant from Hubbard one was in the SO?

I was hired a couple times as NSO by the SO so I missed the inside story of it's evolution. I was on org staff so I have some viewpoint from inside the organization, though I wasn't highly posted, or paid much attention to org politics, I just did my job, completed my contract, and left.

There were zealots in my org who would have done any SO member proud, and I managed to avoid them. I didn't join staff to clear the planet, I joined to get services at half price, so I would take LOAs in the summer to work a well paying waiting job to fund my upper bridge, and I was able to become a class 6 OT3 on a 2 1/2 year contract, where a fellow staff member, was an HAS grad when he joined staff and 5 years later hadn't moved an inch up the bridge.

Mimsey

Last edited: