What's new

Religious cult questionnaire by a student

nandy111

Hi, I am a student from Billy Blue College of Design in Brisbane, Australia and I was hoping some of you would have the time to answer a quick survey.

At school we were asked to think of a social issue that we find interesting and important and I chose to do religious cults (or New Religious Movements). With the information we gather we have to create an information graphic. All the answers are completely anonymous and will only be used for my school project.

Below is the link to the survey :

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=y949x07b3u12a1c136656

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi, I am a student from Billy Blue College of Design in Brisbane, Australia and I was hoping some of you would have the time to answer a quick survey.

At school we were asked to think of a social issue that we find interesting and important and I chose to do religious cults (or New Religious Movements). With the information we gather we have to create an information graphic. All the answers are completely anonymous and will only be used for my school project.

Thank You

Two things:

1: Billy Blue College of Design? Is that really the name of a school? Really????

2: Some of the questions were impossible to answer. e.g. How long were you involved? Your survey went from x-10 years to "Still in"
I was in for 31 years. There was no way to say that. There were a few such examples.

I'd be happy to help out by doing the survey, but it's impossible as written.

Jack

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi and welcome.

I don't want to click on any link so if you want to just post your questions - I am happy to answer. I would suggest you get the book "going clear" by lawrence wright. "Inside Scientology" by Janet Reitman.

Google: Lisa McPherson, Jason Beghe, Tory Magoo, Jefferson Hawkins, Marc Headley, Lawrence Brennan, Maria Pia Gardini, Debbie Cook, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rathbun, Tommy Davis, John Sweeney. there are literally thousands more but start with these. You could literally spend years and years and not read all of the horror stories about people that were in scientology and left.

This will give you a somewhat of a grasp of what scientology is and what it is not. It is not a church that helps people - it bankrupts, kills and destroys!

L Ron Hubbard was a pill-popping delusional sociopath - he studied Aleistar Crowley and many other religions and philosophy's - he copied the good stuff and sprinkled in with some black magick. He was a master at mind control techniques. Study "Russian Mind Control" and anything else you can get your hands on. It is hard to understand how people would get involved with a cult so unless you study this - you will have a tough time believing how evil scientology is.

EVerything scientology advertises about their "religion" are lies! The lies are propaganda are cleverly masked and the people in are not able to see the lies. They are not allowed to look at the internet and are told that if they do - the confidential materials that they cannot handle will make them sick and kill them! Suicides in scientology are blamed on looking at the internet. I really thought I would get ill if I looked - I looked - I did not get ill - I LEFT! I have not been sick since I left!

Scientology kills, scientology destroys families and drives people insane. It is not good - it is very, very evil!

nandy111

Thank you to those who answered my survey, I appreciate it. I'm sorry the survey couldn't fit all of your different experiences, I made it very general so anybody could answer. Thanks for the referrals as well, however, I mostly need statistics (as I have been studying this subject for 6 months now I have a lot of information regarding cults (what they do, their recruiting techniques etc) but no numbers, especially statistics within Australia or even overseas statistics.)

Here in Australia at the moment they're actually trying to make religious charities prove exactly where their money goes and the government is trying to create a federal body that regulates and keeps tracks of the funds so they can weed out those who take advantage of the tax exempt status.

An interesting fact though is that here in Australia, Scientology has less members than the Jedi religion.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you to those who answered my survey, I appreciate it. I'm sorry the survey couldn't fit all of your different experiences, I made it very general so anybody could answer. Thanks for the referrals as well, however, I mostly need statistics (as I have been studying this subject for 6 months now I have a lot of information regarding cults (what they do, their recruiting techniques etc) but no numbers, especially statistics within Australia or even overseas statistics.)

Here in Australia at the moment they're actually trying to make religious charities prove exactly where their money goes and the government is trying to create a federal body that regulates and keeps tracks of the funds so they can weed out those who take advantage of the tax exempt status.

An interesting fact though is that here in Australia, Scientology has less members than the Jedi religion.

Yes, the Force is strong in Australia.

Happy tabulating!

anon2019

Patron with Honors

Thank You

You might find some useful information here
http://www.scribd.com/collections/2343853/Church-of-Scientology-Exit-Survey

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is another statistic for you, if you are interested.

FYI - I would not click on your link because the Church of Scientology has a branch in it's very complicated organization called the Office of Special Affairs. It is the CIA - Black Operations wing of the cult. They pose on message boards like these trying to get the names of the duly departed members - so they can attack, harass and sue, spin, confuse and act like the mafia.

I only click on links that are from a known SP - Suppressive Person. Someone that saw the truth about Scientology and left and told others about the truth - that is a Suppressive Person. The church of scientology deems a Suppressive Person along the likes of Hitler and Stalin - the members are forced to shun them and never have anything to do with them. This is how they control the sheep as they lead them to the slaughter.

Google: Luis Garcia Fraud Lawsuit and read all about the "affidavits" of high ranking officials that have left the church as well as long time members who also left and spoke out. There is an update as of yesterday that is very revealing just what the Church of Scientology really does behind the iron curtain!

The church of scientology posts "hate website" against their bitter, defrocked members. The Church of Scientology claims NEVER to do anything wrong - never to give refunds of huge sums of money on account - lies to its parishoners how their money is spent - google: David Miscavige and Int Base in Hemit California - see his lavish lifestyle as the members are told he lives like the rest of them....they are bunkered in groups of 8-10 people in small rooms - paid less than 50 bucks a week for 12 to 16 hour workdays - 6 to 7 days a week with no health insurance, no benefits of any kind - slave labor! The Church of Scientology hides behind it's religious cloak and gets away with fraud, human trafficking and extortion daily!

Read the affidavit of Lawrence Brennan - the guy that help cloak the Church of Scientology and then left and felt awful for doing that!~