What's new

RIP Eileen Clark, April 8, 2013

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
Eileen-Clark-Last-Sea-Org-Day-FSO.jpg

30 year Sea Org Veteran Eileen Clark passed away this morning in a care center in Gardnerville, Nevada. A nurse stayed with her all night and reported that Eileen spent a peaceful night and took leave of her body about 8:30 am this morning.

Eileen had decided that she wanted to move on some time ago and has been under hospice care for many weeks. She was really grateful for the calls and messages she received even though she was not able to respond as she grew weaker.

Special thanks to Debbie and Peter Frigo who took Eileen into their home and cared for her when she had a debilitating heart attack in 2011. She lived with them for many months until she felt she was ready to move out on her own again. They remained close friends and when Eileen went into the hospital for the last time, they were frequent visitors and kept her company during the final days along with Lisa Hamilton.

I had the honor of auditing Eileen and she sent me some photos of her Sea Org days and asked me to write this to thank all of you for your love and friendship.

For more of the story and more pictures, see: http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/?p=12668

Like · · Share · Promote · about a minute ago ·

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
WHOAH! She looks young.

Am I being too presumptuous in presuming that she did not get proper medical care whilst on her 30 year trek with the Sea (B)Org?

Does teh Church take have no honor when it comes to ensuring their highly dedicated devotees maintain a healthy life style such that they may be in better condition.

Considering my presumption that her living conditions were not optimal I am glad to see that several here can attest to the great person that she was.

It is sad that the Church cannot place a high value on a person's longevity and just consider that a long healthy lifetime is nothing special because hey what the hell you just come back in another life.

Rd00

RogerB

Crusader
This additional point is noted at the link cited:

She was a loyal Sea Org member and never lost her integrity even though she was sorely troubled when she was offloaded from the Sea Org after 30 years of service.

The thing that is so sickeningly disgusting about the Cof$ is their off-loading of folks when they are deemed "spent."

One would think even that sinister cult could see the value of a highly experienced, dedicated and trained in the ways of the organization person.

But no . . . every ideal of decency and good sense is dispensed with by it. And I do feel that nasty failing is creeping up to bite the org in the arse as time moves forward.

RogerB

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

The thing that is so sickeningly disgusting about the Cof$ is their off-loading of folks when they are deemed "spent."

One would think even that sinister cult could see the value of a highly experienced, dedicated and trained in the ways of the organization person.

But no . . . every ideal of decency and good sense is dispensed with by it. And I do feel that nasty failing is creeping up to bite the org in the arse as time moves forward.

RogerB

I hear ya RogerB. I hear ya.

Maybe that's where we - the "ex's" - come in. Maybe we are the one's that bring the decency back into this mess, bring the love for the one's such as Eileen who lived their lives without true loving connection and were discarded like commodities.

I don't quite know what I am trying to say here but maybe somehow our love, our decency, our compassion, our capacity to keep being heart-felt loving human beings will bring some comfort to those that were so very betrayed.

And yes, arses will be bitten.

pollywog

Patron with Honors

RogerB
Jeez. I am sick of this. Isn't offloading them a breach of contract on THEIR part? Where's the quid pro quo?

I am sorry. I didn't know Eileen (or Kutta, sadly), so I feel a little awkward even posting this, but these deaths are making me angry. (I get angry when I'm sad. Probably not healthy, I know.)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jeez. I am sick of this. Isn't offloading them a breach of contract on THEIR part? Where's the quid pro quo?

I am sorry. I didn't know Eileen (or Kutta, sadly), so I feel a little awkward even posting this, but these deaths are making me angry. (I get angry when I'm sad. Probably not healthy, I know.)

Zero need to apologise for having feelings. :hug:

I have them all the time. So human and real. :flowers:

sorry

lrh's work isn't translated into latin

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
So sad.

People used like oranges.

Squeeze all the juice out of 'em & then throw them aside & then go get another one.

We've all lost so so many friends to this.

R.I.P. Eileen.