Riverside Mission

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by programmer_guy, Jan 14, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

I remember driving into Riverside and the sweet sultry scent of orange blossoms filled the air. Wonderful.

phenomanon

2. We still have those!!! :happydance:

Feliz Dia de Los Muertos a todos! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Thousands of people downtown are celebrating Life and honoring their dear departed ancestors tonight. :happydance:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Well, the old Riverside Mission site was pretty lively with a Valentine themed bellydance show for Art's Walk!

[​IMG]

5. Here's the Riverside Life Arts Building with the liveliness and creativity of the monthly Art Walk surrounding it! :thumbsup: There are usually musicians playing up on that balcony!

[​IMG]

6. Here's a beautiful photo of it showing the recent "supermoon" that we enjoyed! What a great photo! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

Thanks for the nice photos Sweetness. Seems as if there is almost as much going on around that building at this time than there was when the building was the Riverside Mission of the C of S. By Jove, that stately old mission has the makings of an Ideal Morgue! The C of S could hold a fund raiser to buy the building and then another one for the remodeling and furnishing stages. About 7 years and $14 million later it could be ready to occupy and could be a full fledged 'Idle Morgue', virtually empty at all times with a terrific set of panels about C of S and with plenty of robot voices ready at any time to communicate to the handful of souls who wonder what this is all about and stumble on into the building. (Just kidding but still there is some truth to what I wrote.)
    Lakey

8. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Riverside Mission - by Bob Mongiello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye032xYnKZc

This video only shows the old YMCA building that became the Riverside Mission... not the old house before that.
    This video was done AFTER the Riverside Mission no longer existed.
    I don't recognize any staffers in the startup pics... but their faces are too small to see clearly.

From what I gather, Bobby had been in the Freezone for quite some time in North Carolina.

And I find this (what does a long-timer do when they leave SCN?) :confused2::
    http://www.freeandable.com/business-listings/by-name-and-photo/639-mongiello.html

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  9. programmer_guy

That's a pic of the West side of the building... not the front (for anyone's info reading this).

1970s:
    On the bottom right corner was where the Intro Lectures occurred (Joe Yazbeck had that post).
    Above that was Bent Corydon's office (ED).
    To the left of the Intro Lecture room was the Comm Course reg office (Rene Walker had that post).
    The DofP office was on the 2nd floor (Jim Miller had that post).
    Qual was on the 2nd floor (Marty Prince was Qual Sec until Diane Grenier replaced him).
    The auditing rooms were on the 2nd floor until more were built in the basement behind the HSDC course room.
    The HSDC course room was in the basement directly below the Intro Lecture room (me & Rodney Michaelson as course sups).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  10. Marcus Sawyer

Marcus Sawyer Patron

I have on VERY good authority that Jim Hamre was comm ev'd and is now working in a NARCONON with Tom and Cathy

11. programmer_guy

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  12. programmer_guy