Roslyn Cohn’s one-woman show skewering Scientology! — complete! Tony O reports

Discussion in 'Movies, Plays, and Documentaries about Scientology' started by AnonyMary, Dec 16, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

The Underground Bunker is thrilled to have the chance to premiere the video of Roslyn Cohn’s recent one-time-only, one-woman performance, “DiffiCULT to Leave.”

The Underground Bunker brings you the world premiere of Roslyn Cohn's one-woman, one-time-only show telling her story in Scientology's Celebrity Centre. It's a first in a number of ways, and we're looking forward to your comments on this performance, which took place on November 25.
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/12/16/ex...ne-woman-show-skewering-scientology-complete/

Must-see!

2. AnonyMary

[video=youtube_share;wPohnvI3Rqo]http://youtu.be/wPohnvI3Rqo[/video]

3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I just got done watching the show and loved it! :yes:

4. AnonyMary

I'm lovin the comments on Tony's place! Here are a few select ones I really enjoyed and got a kick out of :

Mark
    Fremdscham
    Nina
    Priscilla
    BareFacedMessiah
    Dylan
    Mighty Korgo of Teegeeack
    DodoTheLaser
    marti > DodoTheLaser

sugarplumfairy

DodoTheLaser

reply by D.Y.G. to DodoTheLaser

DodoTheLaser to D.Y.G.

5. nosciento

nosciento Patron

Thank you all for your beautiful comments. You are the reason I did it. A true labor of love and many terror filled nights prior as I just don't know what they'll plan to do now that it's out there. But I feel there's protection in being open and OUT. I'm so happy you're enjoying it and feel free to share.

I won't be performing this again. My goal, though, is come next October to be nominated for a Broadway World Award for Best Single Performance. The Public votes and believe me, I'll let you know when that is about to take place and how you can send in your nominations and ultimate votes. Thank you all so, very, very much!!!! Love, Roz

6. Deeana

Deeana Patron with Honors

Hi Roz - Wonderful performance! And yes, an outstanding tribute from a daughter to her beloved parents. I will confess, it brought me to tears.

One of my favorite lines: (As Barbra Streisand: "Xenu!! Who KNEW?"

The choice of songs used throughout this very musical show is excellent. Ranging from The Sound of Music (Doe a Deer) to Bye Bye Birdie (Telephone song), each song perfectly captured the thought being expressed. And like others have noted, when you turned around and began David Bowie's Space Odyssey song "Ground Control to Major Tom" revamped as "Ground Control to Commodore Ron" - along with the mask - I was just cracking up!

I appreciated the creative use of simple props. The Apollo life ring's alternate use was a hilarious surprise. And without saying much revealed the horrendous physical stressfulness of the purif procedure. The succinct overhead signage was useful for clarifying and assisting in understanding the scilon concepts.

I was quite surprised to read that your audience for this performance had only two known "exes". Actually, that makes me even more impressed with your performance. Because it is obvious the audience "got it" .

You are one talented lady. And you are funny! I wish you the best in all your future endeavors.
    -------------------

If I may ask, why do you not plan to perform this in the future? It's good. Really good.

7. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

I watched the whole show and it really is excellent!

8. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Standing ovation here Roz! :rose:

Loved it! Made me laugh! Made me cry! Resonated like crazy for me. Brilliant!

Here's to choices made from love, not fear. Here's to many many many clear days!

Bravo! :rose:

9. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you Roz for a very professional and from the heart performance. I greatly admire your courage and am very impressed with your talent. :thumbsup:

I feel it deserves great reviews and interviews(should you wish).

10. nosciento

nosciento Patron

Thank you!!!!!

Hi you guys,

I'm a tech moron and don't know how to reply to each post except the ones that are just coming in! I want to give you all a big hug!!!

The reason I don't want to do it again is that it is very difficult to keep all the dialogue in one's brain, plus re-living 23 years of it, plus going through major loss of my folks, my lover, just too much for me and I want to move forward. But the performance has the opportunity to be nominated for a great Award, so that's what I'm aiming for.

So appreciate all your support and I wish I knew how to start from the first post and put in a "Thank You" but I don't know how!!!! xoox:wink2:

11. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Re: Thank you!!!!!

I just watched it this afternoon and it was terrific!! Awesome performance and very powerful! I think it'll really help those who've never been in Scientology to have a better grasp of what it's like. It will also help those of us who have experienced it.

Thank you so much for your willingness to re-live your 23 years of being a "Scion". :thumbsup:

Throwing a rose on the stage..... :rose:

12. AnonyMary

So glad you all are enjoying it...Lots of wonderful praise here, on Tony's blog, on Facebook and elsewhere...well deserved. It's nice see the experiences laid out and acted out from a similar POV to what we all went through. Share it around to all your friends and family, if you can :thumbsup:

13. Opter

Opter Silver Meritorious Patron

Same here.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Opter

14. This is a powerful show, it had me laughing and crying both.

15. thewritegoddess

thewritegoddess Patron with Honors

I've been waiting for a show like this! Thank you SO MUCH, Roz, for sharing it with everyone. You should BE the next Barbra.

16. connect60

connect60 New Member

I watched it and other than being shocked that anyone allows themselves to be treated so badly. I would have never been so successful in scionville, I am extremely stubborn and will not do as I am told. I took enough abuse from my marriage and "don't take no shit off no one." This is not to say that I have no sympathy toward those who allowed themselves to absorb the abuse in scionville. If there is anything I can do to assist anyone to overcome abuse, scion, flds, I will be glad. I do wish Roslyn Cohn would take her show on the road. It was excellent, funny, touching, and I am so glad she escaped.

17. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Brilliant.

18. Sandie

Sandie Patron with Honors

Roz

You did a really wonderful thing!:thumbsup:

Your parents are watching you and are so proud of you.:yes::heartflower:

My wish is that this is seen by millions and aids all those that are speaking out and
    telling the truth about this farce of a church so as to not trap anymore and those still trapped
    can wake up and get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![
    /SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

19. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you dear Roslyn! You are the voice of many. Happy New Year! :flowers2::party:

20. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter