What's new

Scientology’s messiah? ‘Hubbard believed he was as great as Jesus, Buddha, & Mohammed’

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Scientology’s messiah? ‘Hubbard believed he was as great as Jesus, Buddha, & Mohammed’

This week in our series from books about Scientology, we have an excerpt from Nancy Many’s fascinating 2009 testament, My Billion-Year Contract: Memoir of a Former Scientologist. Nancy is the only former church member who has written about the “messianic project” of the late 1970s, and we’re glad she gave us this section [...]

This[.......]

Continue reading...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Nancy was LRH's direct junior for some time and if you want to understand the cruelty he was capable of I'd recommend reading this book.

He ordered her onto the RPF under the most horrific conditions in the parking garage with all the car exhaust - when she was pregnant.

Then later she was put onto a similar program as Lisa McPherson. I doubt many people could survive what she was put through by Scientology.

I gave this book to several never-in's to read and they were absolutely horrified. Not only were THEY inoculated but I guarantee they'd never let ANYONE within their network of family, friends, etc. ever get involved with the Co$.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
- snip -
I gave this book to several never-in's to read and they were absolutely horrified. Not only were THEY inoculated but I guarantee they'd never let ANYONE within their network of family, friends, etc. ever get involved with the Co$.
With all due respect to Nancy, I thought her book could have used an editor. She has an important story to tell, but for me the writing really got in the way. I put the book down halfway through -- only anti-scn book I've ever done that with. YMMV.