Scientology a liberal tolerant religion? Compare to the jewish Haredi

Discussion in 'Cults in General' started by Terril park, Jul 4, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Interesting article in the Sunday Times this week looking
    at Haredi Jews.

I just include one quote which illustrates the depth of
    rigorous orthodoxy.

"He remembers his fathers response when he found out
    his son was learning hebrew grammer: a practice that is,
    extraordinarily banned in case it leads to secular learning."

So for those who hate word clearing and clay table,why
    just convert.:coolwink:

I lived near Stamford Hill in London as a youngster
    and that is close to the center of the Haredi population.
    Some of my neighbours were Haredi. Generally pleasant
    neighbours

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haredi_Judaism

2. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

Gee, Terrill, converting to Judaism seems like an unusual solution to me. :eyeroll:

3. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Jesus wept!

4. phenomanon

This attitude reminds me of how the SO recruiters would "overcome my objections" to joining the SO.
    This retort was to counter my refusal by telling them that I had no interest in sharing a room with a bunch of other women. The Recruiter would say " You could get married.; then you could have a room of your own".

That kind of reasoning is just sad.

5. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

What kills you is better then what almost kills you! I want to pound my head against the pavement but I'm going to use a tree because that is much better for pounding your head against.

There is a world outside the hubbard box.

6. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Yes, there is a real pathos to it. . .

However, in a sense, the Recruiter's r-factor might actually prove to be 100% factually correct.

I mean, technically speaking, wouldn't "a room of your own" be true if you are living in a chain locker?

7. phenomanon

I had already been to the Apollo.
    I knew that life in the SO was similar to life in Mao's regime.

8. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

It's amazing how people will join the SO without conducting even the most basic due diligence that they would with any wog job. Would a person join Big Company without any outs or reservations without even taking the dumbed down public tour or going online to chat with someone who had even tidbits of the inside skinny?

Yes, if you get married in the SO they give you a married couples room...but, nothing else is guaranteed. It can be a dump and if you fix it up with your own scarce free time and money and a higher exec, or even a gofer prepping for the arrival of a higher exec, covets it then you are reassigned to another less worthy dump - no recourse, no commendation. If one partner is assigned to a mission or training far away or to the RPF for an extended period then the remaining partner can be returned to dorm berthing and your personal stuff gets locked in some roach infested storage unit along with everyone else who doesn't rate special treatment.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017