Scientology and the Clearwater Police Department

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Feb 6, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

Scientology and the Clearwater Police Department

Clearwater Police Chief Slaughter took the unusual step of making a YouTube video in response to The Aftermath episode which recounted the “Park Incident” with Mark Bunker. This was then published on the OpEd page of the Tampa Bay Times. Below is the full message from Chief Slaughter so everyone has complete context. Then some […]

Continue reading...

2. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I thought this was a good point.

http://www.tampabay.com/clearwater/...r-police-who-are-treading-carefully-20190211/

(snip)
    Maria Haberfeld, a professor of police science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, agreed. But she said an appearance of a conflict is why many departments do not allow officers to work off-duty jobs for any organization within their jurisdiction.
    “I don’t believe there is actually objectivity when you’re paid by someone to do extra work," Haberfeld said.
    (snip)

3. Leland

Leland Crusader

I was protesting at a Hubbard Birthday Event a couple years ago in Clearwater.....

I had a poster that was making fun of COB's hair....with a big Pompadour Hairdo.....

One Clearwater Policeman was yelling at me that I was making fun of "his hair..." and that he was going to arrest me for this!

But, I was too slow to get it on video...my bad.

4. Leland

Leland Crusader

During another protest....I was holding a sign up...perhaps the New Years Event a couple years ago.

I was a bit down from the crosswalk....down from Ft.Harrison St. Attendees were all dressed formal and crossing the street there....

There were 2 Clearwater Police cruisers across the street...and a few police standing there.

Soon I was surrounded by at least a half dozen Cult guys with umbrellas. They began to crowd in on me. Eventually one of their umbrellas got caught on the top of my protest sign. I jerked my sign down a bit....trying to untangle my sign from the umbrellas. That ripped the umbrella caught on my sign...off its frame.

At that time, 2 Clearwater Cops came over and one said to me: "you have 2 choices, you can walk away now, or you can be arrested."

So, I walked away.