Scientology asks court to freeze Laura D’s forced-abortion case for a long-shot appeal

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by RSS Feed, May 23, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Scientology asks court to freeze Laura D’s forced-abortion case for a long-shot appeal

[Laura DeCrescenzo and Bert Deixler]

We told you that Bert Deixler, Scientology’s top-flight attorney, had filed a notice that the church planned to appeal a federal court ruling even after getting shot down in its latest attempt to throw up a roadblock before Laura DeCrescenzo finally gets her day in court this August on her [...]

[​IMG][Laura[.......]

Continue reading...

2. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh that is an early post by Tony. The motion by Deixler, in my opinion shows just how poisonous Hubbard's and David Miscavige's thinking was and is. It even poisons the justice system and some of the officers of the court. They truly are/were pimps addicting legal minds to pure crack shit. I think Deixler and DM are scared out of their minds and it shows in the pretense that this latest motion is to save the courts from their duty to bring about Justice.

Deixler and DM are essentially propitiating to the court.

3. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

I have a lot of admiration for Laura and her law Firm for staying the course.
    The cult does not want their dirty little secrets of what occurs in the RPF and how they handle 12 year olds in the Sea org ..they do not want this aired day after day after day in the courts and are frantic ~~almost hysterical ~~ to block the suit going forward.
    Here Laura talks to Tampa Bay Times

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

I too have lot of admiration for Laura and team.

May the force be with them!

5. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

Actually...

It would be good for all of us if this CoS tactic succeeds in briefly delaying the trial.

August is "silly season" in the publishing business. In no other month of the year does this trial receive less attention from media or general public

6. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Exactly!

If history is a guide to what will happen---and with Scientology it always is---here is the court case rolled forward. This is what will happen:

1) The COS (Crimewave of Scientology) will use every legal, illegal & fair-game dirty trick in the book they are willing to gamble they can get away with, in order to derail or stall out the case and drive the plaintive (and/or their attorneys) into bankruptcy, despair or surrender.

AND, IF THAT DOES NOT WORK. . .

2) The COS will bluff, bully and blunder towards trial and unleash everything they've got to intimidate the plaintive and deceive the court. Until the first day that the plaintive gets on the witness stand in open court and begins telling their nightmarish horror story of what a "church" did to them. Then the COS will suddenly settle by spending a tiny fraction of their parishioners' multi-billion dollar war chest that was raised over the past 68 years just for this purpose---the protect the top sociopathic guru-du-jour (Hubbard/Miscavige)

As unbelievable as it may sound, the cult may have learned something from the Debbie Cook meltdown where they allowed one of their former gulag prisoners to testify of the terrors visited upon her. So, I am guessing they won't repeat that and will settle before anyone can speak. On that subject, they will naturally crush the plaintive's ability to talk about the case or the amount of money they are receiving (they won't get it all at the front, to ensure their cowed silence).

One has to reach far and wide to find an organization that is cruel and corrupt as the cult of Scientology, combining criminality, avarice, sadism, terrorism and then using big lies to give themselves the thin patina of acceptable spiritual/religious virtue. The only groups that immediately come to mind are Jihadi terrorists and the Manson cult.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

And coincidently (or not), the Manson cult was led by Charles Manson, a former student of Scientology. Here's one of the threads on the subject:
    Scientology Success Story - Charles Manson
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/scientology-success-story-charles-manson.17902/

8. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

Something clearly lacking on this thread----------------"Sanity is the ability to recognize differences, similarities and identities."

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • List
  9. Clay Pigeon

Hey!

There's an interesting idea!

Like the fact that although one can find similiarities between slave labor and CoS staff work the DIFFERENCES are nonetheless very significant, so much so that to LABEL work for the church as slave labor will vastly diminish the power of those who do so to have any influence on addressing actual abuses

10. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

Is a willing slave really a slave to the master or to themselves. Remember, I was one for 10 years myself. I got in, found out what I wanted to find out , got out!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • List
  11. Clay Pigeon

As did so many Koot.

Most commonly people stayed 2-4 years and got what they wanted, undid their drugs and got some ability and being now much better able to address life and living slipped quietly away.

Any student of anything must submit to the teacher and spiritual teaching requires a greater level of submssion

Hubbard produced a system where the student is mtaphorically placed in chains but is given metaphorically a hacksaw and instruction on it's use.

From a Leonard Cohen song written during his Scientology period...

"O masters are my lessons done? I cannot do another one.
    They laughed and laughed and said "Well, child, are your lessons done?"

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • List
  12. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

It depends on your definition of "willing".

200 years ago, a slave attempting to escape could face whippings or death.

In Scientology, there are stories here on ESMB of people attempting to leave the Sea Org having been violently restrained. People who were judged at risk of leaving being locked up. When I left Flag, I felt it necessary to arm myself with a knife in case someone attempted to violently prevent me from leaving. I was once threatened with physical violence to prevent me from leaving an org.

At minimum, people who leave may find themselves cut off from any contact with their families, being unable to see their kids.

Psychological slavery is no less real than physical slavery.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

I finally got it! You and Koot and Terril and the others are saying you're the smart ones. You knew all the time that it was a fake and a fraud but you found your "nuggets of truth" and got all the good out of Scientology. You were never fooled. You were on top of it all the time.

So the accusation that you were fooled, you did fall for it, you are True Believers who not only fell for Hubbard's lies but still believe them -- must be denied, again and again. Your whole personal story is that you were the smart ones, you were not fooled -- Hubbard told the truth.

And all of you still believe in Hubbard's lies about "miracles" and "clear" and "OT".

Unlike us "dumb ones", you can't admit that you are still being fooled by Hubbard.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  14. Clay Pigeon

Yeah ET...

Didn't see such stuff myself during my time in but I got ears for trusted persons reports and you have always been one of the very best reporters on ESMB; clear posting of your own with little if any "spin" and a respect for all other posters
    (no doubt with some exceptions but you never express any disrespect you might harbor

Well done

15. Clay Pigeon

I'm happy to see Koot show up Bill and I like seeing Terril showing a bit more life recently but the three of us are no cabal.

And Enthetan would be one of my of my chosen models for a smart one on ESMB

I don't know if there is a "Reactive Mind" which can be erased to produce a permanent state of "Clear". I do think "Keyed Out Clear" is a meaningful term.

As I attest, I have personal experience which accords with Hubbard's concept of "OT"

16. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

Well maybe a big stick was in order. I can not speak for each or any specific situation as the details of EACH one is it's own story. I also can believe that in the SO the limits of sanity are stretched, having tasted some of it as an outer org student/staff more than once. I was never tested to my breaking point but I can tell you that given the right circumstances I would have no problem beating some ass hole into unconsciousness(with weapons) to escape, although I think stealth would be the better choice.

17. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

Bill, You keep harping on the same point, your same answer to everyone else's thoughtful posts.

18. Clay Pigeon

The ESMB version of the Mr Bill Show does have it's oft repeated theme song...

But it has it's show as well and I enjoy a lively discourse with a gutsy guy who danced with the devil for three decades and lived to talk about it

19. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

I can't speak for others but I consider myself another rube just looking for some answers and I put up with a lot of crap so do just that. The biggest let down I had was the organization itself. I began to realize over and over that the actual purpose of the tech was junior to the desires of those running the show no matter what good purpose they hid behind. That staff were just being used at their own expense. I got tech trained. I don't doubt what I know is true. At some point I couldn't compromise my own personal ethics any more and feeling trapped by my own agreements I bailed out.

If that makes me smart, cool!!

20. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

Thoughtful post = how wonderful Hubbard is
    Harping = disagreeing on how wonderful Hubbard is

• Like Like x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List