Featured Scientology Breeds Fanaticism

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Gadfly, Dec 22, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Jim Faust

Jim Faust Patron with Honors

Brilliantly well said. That's right at the heart of the crazy train.

2. Francois Tremblay

Francois Tremblay Patron with Honors

Saw the movie The Lives of Others, about the East German Stasi. We found that there were strong parallels with Scientology and the Sea Org. The only thing we found that was really different was that Scientology gang bang sec checks are worse than the interrogations shown in the movie.

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

And to look back & admit that I was once part of that fanaticism still makes me shudder even all these years later.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  4. SPsince83

SPsince83 Gold Meritorious Patron

When I was gang bang sec checked, we had never heard of such a thing. The finance police had us lined up in qual about six or eight at a time and they hit us with everything. I had a read that I couldn't find and was set upon by 4 uniformed storm troopers screaming in my face about my crimes. Turned out I had a book in my auditing room that said "Div 6" and therefore I was a thief. Then things got really weird. Leserve publicly announced he hated the mission network and wanted it to end. It was when the name Miscavige was first heard in the field. The coup was on.

5. Agent86

Agent86 New Member

This is what I call an example of 'Merchants of Chaos.' Basically bad news to get people fearful of everything and seek a solution. Scientology always criticizes the media as 'Merchants of Chaos', which is what they are doing themselves. E.g., Bad stuff will happen unless you take our courses, join staff, and donate all your lucre.

6. Agent86

Agent86 New Member

When I was in the org listening to the course descriptions, the reg's described how the courses like Study Tech would help me learn and study better and therby improve my job performance. It wasn't until I paid for the courses and began the course that the above viewpoints were revealed to me.
    It's not really about improving your job and life and self. It's how they sell it though.

Cheers.

7. This is a deep thread. It challenges you to think about beliefs. I like it. I had to google the scientology words. L Ron Hubbard was full of gratuitous nonsense.

8. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

I'm sorry you feel that way. But don't worry we have the technology to handle that on your next level.

:hysterical:

9. Hypatia

Hypatia Pagan

Scientology can help him/her with that.

10. Gib

Gib Crusader

He sure was.

11. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Taryn Rinder should read this thread.

12. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

All those residing on Teegeeack should read this thread, and all other postings on the board by Gadfly as well. If there was an ESMB Hall of Fame he'd be in it! :yes: