What's new

Scientology buys land for $37 million to build new Australasian headquarters

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: Church of Scientology spends $37MILLION on huge new site in Sydney

Wait, so how did they inform all the area residents? Put it on their website? Skywriting? :omg:

The COS made a broad public announcement to all Wog residents, by having one of their OSA witches fly overhead, using her broomstick to skywrite the words: SURRENDER [STRIKE]DOROTHY[/STRIKE] COCKSUCKERS!

Anonycat

Crusader

The COS made a broad public announcement to all Wog residents, by having one of their OSA witches fly overhead, using her broomstick to skywrite the words: SURRENDER [STRIKE]DOROTHY[/STRIKE] COCKSUCKERS!

Then when no one responded, they sent skywriting everyday.

44748379.jpg

alg-last-chance-jpg.jpg

shia-ass-tPqVcJ-skywriter.jpg

Last edited:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is an interesting question E.

I had never thought of looking at it like that. It does awaken me to the idea that we have not been looking, maybe, at all the angles. Something about this does not make any sense at all .

There was a deal like this with one of the UK orgs, I forget which one, but someone made a bundle on it.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I thought that press was pretty funny; saying that 7,000 attended. O rly? I went by the old Sydney org when it was still open, driving up what we would call a good sized ally, over here. As I passed by, there were 3 staff outside smoking, and all wearing black, as I recall. But oh, right across the street? 10 anons. Good luck with the 7,500 and the tens of millions to build another ultra-compound. Hey, isn't Australia the home of the UK locations too? And it was found that the address given was to a home owned by a gardener, who had no idea and had lived there 20 years or so? Maybe now they can dodge that bullet.

I remember that! You honked and waved. I think I was talking to a cop at the time. They always call the cops to complain when Anon is around. One of the cops actually told me that there was no point in leaving because as soon as they rounded the corner the Scios would call in another complaint.

The Australian home of the UK locations, I don't think it is the land ownership so much as the corporate headquarters. It's a ginormous tax dodge. Google COSRECI.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
There was a deal like this with one of the UK orgs, I forget which one, but someone made a bundle on it.
I'm not saying you guys are wrong, or that it does not merit investigation, but there is a more mundane explanation.

Mike Rinder has repeatedly explained that David Miscavige is under great pressure, and specifically by COS tax attorney Monique Yingling, to spend COS money because of IRS rules. Unfortunately, Mike has also explained that under the IRS rules a church can properly satisfy IRS requirements not to hoard money by spending it on buildings to serve the faithful. Basically, it is a way (and I think the only way) to satisfy IRS requirements by simply converting cash to another asset -- i.e., real estate.

Then again, Mike's explanation does not exclude the possibility that DM is doing this to satisfy IRS rules, AND shifting money out of the COS by overpaying for real estate to straw-men or other interested parties.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Alterations and additions to existing buildings at 126 Greville Street for ecclesiastical management, theological studies and church activities. Demolition of existing dwellings at 23 & 25 Millwood Avenue and construction of a bus layover and pedestrian access path to 126 Greville Street, and associated works."

From: https://epathway.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/ePathway/Production/Web/GeneralEnquiry/EnquiryLists.aspx

Development Applications > Search "Greville" under Street Name > It should be the top result.

That's all I can find on the website, I'll see if I can obtain any supporting documents over the week.

There's got to be more dox than that surely.:yes:

That just tells me that they can't get a bus onto the property down the driveway. Or maybe turn it around and drive it back out again.:roflmao:

But to buy two properties, demolish the houses to make a bus layover and build a path from that to the main building is basically throwing money away.:duh:

It does seem to exclude them using this place as berthing.:coolwink:

Good to see you back here, FatMan.:thumbsup:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: CoS buys land in West Chatswood for $37 million

So per that a bus could be gotten into the property but the Co$ decided (as community-minded organizations always do) that they'd spare the residents the angst of having buses (especially the aging, diesel-dust spewing pieces of crap that the cult have) trundling down their leafy streets at all hours. So they buy two blocks, one with a house (for a few $mill.) to demolish the house and build a bus stop with a path from it down to their building.

Yet it doesn't save much bus travel at all - it doesn't make sense from a viewpoint of making money.:omg:

And the bulk of the building renovations are to turn most of the main building into courserooms and auditing rooms that will be empty most of the time. Plus a staff mess area.

120 car spaces is more than they'll ever need - except when they hold events there. Oh, hang on - it'll still be adequate:roflmao:

I wonder if there's enough space on the property to store all the PC and CF files that currently are in various storage locations around Sydney:biggrin:

ps - they've said they'll have 290 crew on site. They've NEVER had that many on SO crew in Sydney for years now.

Re: CoS buys land in West Chatswood for $37 million

So per that a bus could be gotten into the property but the Co$ decided (as community-minded organizations always do) that they'd spare the residents the angst of having buses (especially the aging, diesel-dust spewing pieces of crap that the cult have) trundling down their leafy streets at all hours. So they buy two blocks, one with a house (for a few $mill.) to demolish the house and build a bus stop with a path from it down to their building.

Yet it doesn't save much bus travel at all - it doesn't make sense from a viewpoint of making money.:omg:

And the bulk of the building renovations are to turn most of the main building into courserooms and auditing rooms that will be empty most of the time. Plus a staff mess area.

120 car spaces is more than they'll ever need - except when they hold events there. Oh, hang on - it'll still be adequate:roflmao:

I wonder if there's enough space on the property to store all the PC and CF files that currently are in various storage locations around Sydney:biggrin:

ps - they've said they'll have 290 crew on site. They've NEVER had that many on SO crew in Sydney for years now.

There may have been one or two things they could not do under regulations/restrictionsand therefore had to take a more expensive option or not be allowed to purchase at all. The noise of buses starting up, slowing down, might also be far worse depending exactly where it happens. But who knows, as you say good management or anything like that may have nothing to do with it at all, and Princess may just be clicking her heels and demanding her wishes come true, sensible or not.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Then when no one responded, they sent skywriting everyday.

44748379.jpg

alg-last-chance-jpg.jpg

shia-ass-tPqVcJ-skywriter.jpg

And a very special VIP theta message from
the Church of Scientology's
Chairman of the Board. . .

ScreenShot2014-11-02at33323AM_zpse6426c7a.png

wigee1

Patron with Honors
I wonder if Angleo Messeti was the agent for the Church, His Real Estate firm is just down the road, Any one know if hes still in?. .... Granitt

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
That land was bought from its original owners via a genuine Real Estate agent who had various culties on the phone to him, including some "from California" and they paid WAY over market value for that. And they'll never be able to put a NarCONon there unless they somehow subvert the entire planning process for the state of NSW.:omg:

Yes, "they paid WAY over market value". That could be an indicator that they are stupid and inept.

OR it could be an indicator that games are being played.

Real estate transactions can be good ways to launder money. For example, making a deal with a seller to buy for "market value plus X", in exchange for some of that "X" money making its way to a certain shell corporation, owned (through a chain of cut-outs) by an insider.

Then when, because of "ineptness", the property needs to be sold for much less money than paid for it, the reverse process can be applied to the buyer (sell to him for "market value - X", in exchange for part of X going to a front company).

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Emphasis Added

Yes, "they paid WAY over market value". That could be an indicator that they are stupid and inept.

Real estate transactions can be good ways to launder money. For example, making a deal with a seller to buy for "market value plus X", in exchange for some of that "X" money making its way to a certain shell corporation, owned (through a chain of cut-outs) by an insider.

Then when, because of "ineptness", the property needs to be sold for much less money than paid for it, the reverse process can be applied to the buyer (sell to him for "market value - X", in exchange for part of X going to a front company).

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
One additional reason I'm not ready to accept "ineptness" as a reason why they overpaid for properties: Scn has some huge number of lawyers on retainer. Even somebody like me had a lawyer conduct the actual real estate transaction when I bought my house.

Surely, the lawyers, as part of their "due diligence" work on the transaction, would have had a property appraiser and inspector look over the building and the local market, and informed DM that he was paying more than the property was worth?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
One additional reason I'm not ready to accept "ineptness" as a reason why they overpaid for properties: Scn has some huge number of lawyers on retainer. Even somebody like me had a lawyer conduct the actual real estate transaction when I bought my house.

Surely, the lawyers, as part of their "due diligence" work on the transaction, would have had a property appraiser and inspector look over the building and the local market, and informed DM that he was paying more than the property was worth?

That might work if Demented Midget were able to be told that He'd made a mistake.:omg:

I personally doubt that DM cares if He pays more than fair value - He's trying to show that He's running a religion, not a for-personal-profit cult.:yes:

There were attempts to wise up the cult on the Yarramalong fiasco but no-one listened.:confused2:

It's all future assets for a certain Drunken Maggot's retirement fund IMO.

phenomanon

Canyon

O yes. I see how that works.
White collar criminals are criminals.
Where the hell is the IRS in all of this?
Looks like the only ones losing money are the ones who overpaid for the property, then sold at a loss. That would be the Scientologists whose money was used to buy the property.
Cunning criminals are criminals.
Can those scn'ists write the loss off on their taxes?
Hello? IRS!!
Tax criminals are tax criminals.

phenomanon

Canyon

Yes. The Lawyers could have advised Mousedick, but it looks lijke he is running a money laundering scam,.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes. The Lawyers could have advised Mousedick, but it looks lijke he is running a money laundering scam,.

Bits and pieces demonstration of money laundering.

[video=youtube;SFKDmCbfMS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKDmCbfMS4[/video]

looker

Patron Meritorious
Didn't somebody mention that there was a PL from hisself about always rent never own because the expansion of the <cough> church was gonna explode. (or implode like Phoenix in the 50s)

Now I smell a rat just like the rest of you all I think its money laundering too. US dollar = 1.14 Aussie dollars. What is the cost per acre?

Is this really about commercial real estate development with free labor?? Or hiding already missing persons, like the RPF and Heeber.

Come to think about it, it's ebile Genius. The usual (or enhanced) downward spiral is;
  1. Public in pretty good shape have a small ruin they wanna get fixed.
  2. They get indoctrinated and wanna save the world,
  3. they get squeezed for donations,
  4. their credit and life gets ruined
  5. they cave in and join staff as a last resort,
  6. told they are DBs, put on the RPF and rehab buildings.

Then as the "needs" change the building is put up for sale and money is made or lost. depending on who is the buyer or seller. Or if they are really one in he same.

PS: Australia has a criminal extradition treaty with the US and UK so its not a good hiding place for DM.

Last edited: