Scientology Condition of Liability

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Feb 3, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

Scientology Condition of Liability

Scientology Condition of Liability I’m always amazed at the ability of Scientologists to turn a blind eye to the LRH tech and policy they’ve sworn to follow and uphold. I should know. From my first week as a student on the Communication Course way back when, I put on blinders every time I walked in […]

Continue reading...

2. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Odds Are, Therefore I Am, I Think. Goody Gum Drops

I refused to work through the condition assignments handed out by 2 hot shot ethics officers who'd gone to LA for training and came back as little Hitlers. I had read through them and it was clear to me that these had been manufactured to keep us trapped in "the group" that was Scientology. My consideration was that they couldn't have been written for any other reason and certainly not because they were ultimate truths, not even relative truths unless you bought in. I refused and the gist behind the assignment was because I "clearly was not dedicated enough", all because I refused to join staff or Sea Org. I remember telling the one ethics officer to "fuck off" and that he didn't scare me and I made it known afterwards that I was contemplating taking a break from my training package. So he "got handled" and not me! Never worked through them once and they were bullshit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  3. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I once assigned a lady I knew a condition of liability. She was frequently asking me to help her on this or that, but on the one occasion that I needed a favor from her, she blew me off as being too busy.

I thereupon observed that having her around was cost without exchange (which fits the real-world definition of a liability), and told her I was not going to help her any more. She thereupon wandered off, and my life has been better.

That's the real-life definition of "Liability": somebody who improves your life by no longer being part of it. As opposed the the Scientology usage, of somebody who didn't do everything the org wanted of him, but who still produced FAR more than he got exchange for.

4. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Odds Are, Therefore I Am, I Think. Goody Gum Drops

It seemed like Hubbard kept slapping on one layer of stucco after another upon us to see what stuck and what didn't. We were guinea pigs to him and I wasn't having any more of it.

5. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

So the AOLA MAA asked me had I ever been assigned an Ethics condition that I hadn't worked out of. I told him No. MAA said O You must have. (well...Game On) I told him that Alan Walter had assigned me the Condition of No Condition, and I hadn't worked out of it because I didn't know the Formula. MAA sent me off to find the Formula. I went into the vast Archives in Big Blue, and went thru many Issues on Ethics conditions and their formulas, and . I went to the MAA/Chaplain at ASHO-Day, (an oldtimer and asked if she knew the formula for the condition of no condition. She did not. I went to Peter Gillham, another Oldtimer friend and asked him if he knew the formula for No Condition. Peter said that he had never heard of the condition, and knew of no formula for it. Then I went to my dear friend, John Sanborn, and asked him if he knew the formula and he said Of Course I Do! The formula is Kiss L Ron Hubbard's Ass!
    So I went back to the AOMAA and said Yay! I finally got the formula for the condition of no condition! MAA said Great! What's the formula? I said The formula is Kiss L Ron Hubbard's Ass!
    MAA was not amused.

Just a passing memory.
    carry on.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Sounds like one of the standard pranks played on new guys, like being told to go get a left-handed screw driver, or a can of elbow grease.