What's new

SCIENTOLOGY CRUMBLING: An Entire Church Mission Defects as David Miscavige Faces Lead

Purple Rain

Crusader
Re: SCIENTOLOGY CRUMBLING: An Entire Church Mission Defects as David Miscavige Faces

I'm concerned that this article makes auditing out to be so wonderful.

I have heard people tell me their "past life" stories which were just crap. "Oh, I was in Australia x thousand years ago encouraging the cannibals to boil this missionary in a pot..." and I'm thinking, "In Australia?? In a pot that could fit a missionary?? Are you serious??"

I thought, "I'd better not tell this person their recollection is completely bloody invented because I don't want to stuff up their case. But serves them right for telling me - how are you expected to believe these past life things even when you're a Scientologist?

No wonder people are forbidden from discussing their case. They'd all realise it was bullshit if they told each other what they tell the auditor. So all his stuff about, "Oh, I was so exterior" I wish Tony Ortega had asked him, "Well, how do you know?? What is your EVIDENCE? I get that you had a bit of a trip - a bit of a state of altered consciousness - but so what?"

Re: SCIENTOLOGY CRUMBLING: An Entire Church Mission Defects as David Miscavige Faces

I'm concerned that this article makes auditing out to be so wonderful.

It can be. Nor is it fundamentally about past lives, although some choose to see it that way.

Mark A. Baker

Purple Rain

Crusader

It can be. Nor is it fundamentally about past lives, although some choose to see it that way.

Mark A. Baker

I just think you have to be careful about believing whatever pops into your head. One Scientologist wanted to dig up two trees in my garden because his timesight was buried there.

jeeshlouise

Mark A. Baker

When I did OT111 auditing sure 'seemed' to be about past lives. But hey, maybe that was just me eh Mark? (wink wink).

Smilla

Ordinary Human

According to the current PR trend, everything in Scientology is allegory or metaphor. Take the e-meter for instance. It looks like a toy lie-detector, but in actuality it is whatever the pc needs it to be - a new species of onion, a troupe of ballet dancers - literally anything, so there's no need to worry. All is well.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron

My impression is that missions are missions, partly because the mission holders are a little bit too independent to commit to becoming org staff or SO. Just talking generally here.... Anyway, my impression is also that some of them have disliked the micromanagement and pressure far more than orgs, who buy into it a lot more than missions. So I think it is very possible some of them will separate from the mother cult organization.

This was, generally, the case before, but upper mis-mangement began imposing tighter controls on missions since the mid '90s or so.

Mission charters got tighter, something called "Stages of Expansion" with RTC inspections on site for Minimum Standards, I think there were 4 or 5 "Stages."

Staff contracts were replaced with new ones from SMI and SMI Mission Reps were appointed to each mission to "guide" missions in their planning, programs, stats etc. New enrollment forms for public, too.

Not the same degree of meddling as in official orgs, but definitely tighter controls from the '70s & '80s.

Jack

Purple Rain

Crusader

According to the current PR trend, everything in Scientology is allegory or metaphor. Take the e-meter for instance. It looks like a toy lie-detector, but in actuality it is whatever the pc needs it to be - a new species of onion, a troupe of ballet dancers - literally anything, so there's no need to worry. All is well.

:hysterical: I will have to think about what I need the e-meter to be. One of those roomba things would be useful. Or a tardis.

When I did OT111 auditing sure 'seemed' to be about past lives. But hey, maybe that was just me eh Mark? (wink wink).

How you interpret it is your choice.

1. The principles of scientology auditing are developed on the lower bridge.

2. OT levels are pretty far up the bridge. They aren't fundamental to the subject of scientology.

3. Basic scientology techniques are used throughout the bridge to audit. They do not require a belief in past lives, although such is common among scientolgists.

4. OT 3 concerns eliminating the presence of spiritual beings with a diminished awareness from a fixation on the physical body.

The past life narrative is hubbard's explanation of 'why' the level is deemed necessary. The level itself uses general auditing techniques to deal with eliminating the being's impact on the auditor.​

Whether or not it makes any sense to do this is a separate issue. :)

BTW, you might want to wash that bit of dust from your eyes. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious

Debbie Cook got some good results.:omg: 50 people leaving the official "church" is not bad. I just hope, that at least some of them will do some more research on the internet and find out that all the bad things with Scientology didn't start with DM.:ohmy:

Opter

Here, Here.

DM didn't make scn, scn made DM.

It's the attitude man................

Gadfly

Crusader

the freezone can't become largely oppressive and where it becomes localy oppressive it selfdestructs.

I agree. ANY dictatorship or regime in any part of history that has been consistently oppressive has been CENTRALIZED, with a strict aim to control all behaviors and thoughts within some sphere of activity.

Without a central official Scientology organization aiming to enforce "a one-size-fits-all-approach", in alignment with KSW and other LRH inanities, without an RTC demanding compliance and licensing of materials and practices, the "harm" would go way down fast.

I know full well that the actions that we have all come to dislike and NOT admire from the Church of Scientology are based on exact LRH policies. But it does seem that some or many "independent" folks who practice some version of some aspects of the larger subject of Scientology are quite content to abandon or quietly ignore, and NOT apply some of the nastier and more stupid ideas & practices in Hubbard's suibject materials.

Now, if Marty and his band of idiots actually ever got control of the organization and wanted to continue THAT. If Marty actually desires to still run Scientology with a centralized group, based on ALL the LRH policies and advices, then, to me, that would bring about the same lunacy all over again. But as long as it stays decentralized, the more harmful aspects will probably fade and die (probably forever).

Smilla

Ordinary Human

Free Zone Scientology

OT III Steps - Highly Confidential.

Well done on making it this far. You are now ready to pass through the wall of fire.

Auditing procedure is as follows:

"Go back to the beginning of the allegorical or metaphorical incident with the volcano, which may or may not have actually been a volcano, and if you want, run through the incident which may or may not have happened, or not."

If you find these steps uninteresting, just do some stuff about fairies or whatever, or you can do some colouring in your colouring book, or play horsey-horsey.

As long as you pay up it's cool.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

"Granting of Beingness! ARCU! CDEINR! L10! Why are you against pickled onions?"

"Eh?"

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious

I dimly recall entire missions defecting before, but this is Scientology, which specializes in erasing its own past, so maybe that's been erased.... er, forgotten. :)

Right. Like the removable nameplates on the "big gold" donation board for the idle org at my local idle org.

Recently, I was looking at some photographs from the Mercury astronaut plaques/memorials/remembrances...what ever they are called....
but I couldn't help but compare those real heroes to the cults "temporary" heroes.
Those 7 guy's name's can't be removed without grinders, and it would ruin the plates.

Church seems to just need a putty knife.

People dealing in reality are better? Guessin so.

jeeshlouise

. They aren't fundamental to the subject of scientology.

What 'are' they fundamental to then? (if not scientology?) Xenuology? Seriously Mark. Please answer. I am not an 18 year old kid (anymore) that found my ruins thanks to scientology (any longer).

3. Basic scientology techniques are used throughout the bridge to audit. They do not require a belief in past lives, although such is common among scientolgists.

Ok. Does the scientology bridge to total freedom result in total freedom Mark? Are you totally free, for example? A yes or no answer would suffice.

4. OT 3 concerns eliminating the presence of spiritual beings with a diminished awareness from a fixation on the physical body.

Did you actually say 'that'? Honestly? Without a script? We don't believe it Mark. Your employment of excessive verbiage (in lieu of simple communication) is a tell tale sign of your inherent intellectual acuity being highjacked by your emotional commitment to scientology dogma. Sad, but true. And that is as simple & clean, as I can put it. And it's not personal, by the way.

The past life narrative is hubbard's explanation of 'why' the level is deemed necessary. The level itself uses general auditing techniques to deal with eliminating the being's impact on the auditor.

Really? "the beings impact on the 'auditor' is the issue?, the beings impact on the 'auditor'? Was that a typo? For goodness sake man, in the absence of the being, there is no auditor. Can you perceive that?

Whether or not it makes any sense to do this is a separate issue. :)
It doesn't.

BTW, you might want to wash that bit of dust from your eyes. :coolwink:

Now those are fighting words (lol). Damn it. I have had this dust in my eyes for ever since I can remember, and I don't need some intellectual stud bully calling me out on it. (lol).

Let us agree to disagree. Subject to change, with growth.

Fair enough? (for some reason nonetheless I am uncomfortably certain my offer will not be found worthy of response, by you). sigh.

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human

"OT III Scientologists are finally brainwashed enough to learn the tale of Xenu. Xenu, the galactic tyrant, was appalled, shocked, sickened, and finally just fed up with the populations of many planets in his galaxy. However, he had a clever plan. With the aid of evil faggoty psychiatrists, Xenu drugged and froze hundreds of billions of his citizens for interstellar transport. Xenu ordered the frozen alien bodies to be taken to Earth: thrown into one little fight and my mom got scared, and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought, "Nah, forget it. Yo, holmes to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo homes smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air."

Source.