What's new

Scientology explained

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Really? OK, what does it really stand for?

SUCKER

:p Nice.

I think if you look close, it slightly resembles a serpent. I think that was on purpose. The Kindaloony, er I mean the kundalini force.

RogerB

Crusader
Oh, Oh . . . methinks this might be the beginnings of our annual silly season :biggrin:

We're getting going early this year . . . . usually it comes later in he New Year.

Won't be long before the Wars of the Silly Season will be in full bloom by the looks of the way this thread is developing . . . :dance3::buzzin:

R

Terril park

Sponsor
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Type4_PTS

What (if anything) do you believe can be achieved by way of using Scientology that cannot be achieved through other means?

Answer: Complete erasure of engrams.

Nice thread Leon.

Dianetics was a rip off of Abreaction therapy, which was later
dropped by Freud etc.[ Or is it still in use in places?] I presume
Freud didn't get such good results. I consider from this that Hubbard's intuition was working better here. I've not read the mainstream
literature on this. Maybe you or anyone else might comment. Or
did Abreaction eraze engrams?

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Well, the title of this thread inspires me to explain Scientology!

First off, you can't explain Scientology to most people, some 99% of people. They recognise the scam immediatly and know L.Ron Hubbard for a fraud on sight. They're NOT buying it!

L.Rum Hubturd would say that those not taken in by it are way down there on the tonescale, being meatballs and believing they only live once. Trapped in the MEST universe by science and whole track psychiatrists..

Hmm.. So Hubturd tries to sell us the idea that the people who recognize the scam are the dumber ones, while those who get their leg pulled are smarter?

Ok, I'm gonna bore you all to death once again with my theories about how the trap works!

It's a 'logical' trap! - You get arguments that are, or seems, logical. And from the conclusion reached by those arguments you accept the next. Nothing wierd about that. It's an axiom chain basicly.

It's also hypnotic.. I don't have to explain that. It'll be apparent.

First little nugget of 'truth' I bought into was: "To learn something you must first realize that you don't know about it!" - This makes sense doesn't it? - It is a workable attitude for a student. Only after you learnt it can you have an informed opinion.

Note that you accept to consider yourself ignorant! - Actually, as far as that goes, I still consider this a sound attitude to learning stuff.. But it gets worse!

The most important piece of 'logic' is the 'reactive mind' that L.Rum Hubturd invented. According to this theory we all have a 'reactive mind' which is full of 'engrams' and 'implants'. We are unaware of these engrams and implants, but they affect and control our emotions and thinking. This is the 'human condition' and Hubturd had a new word for it. We are 'Abberees'..

So, there you were, thinking maybe you were a sentient and rational being. If the reactive mind is real you are not either sentient nor rational. You are in fact 'insane' as a result of engrams and implants... The good news is that L.Rum Hubturd has discovered methods to 'erase' the engrams and implants! - When they are cleaned out, you will be 'sane' and wastly more intelligent. You won't get colds anymore. You'll probably live to the ripe old age of well over 200!

Hmm.. Note that you accept to consider yourself 'insane'! - That's in addition to being ignorant! Hubbard keeps the complexity and confusion in his 'doctrine' and 'philosophy' escalating, so that you will feel quite ignorant.. It's a hypnosis technique actually.. Hmm..

Never mind that Hubturd calls it abberated.. Same shit.. You can't trust your own mind after this insight. Unlike psychiatry, Scientology presets that we are all in urgent need of mental help.. Everygoddambody is crazy!

As a scientologist you take pride in trying to do something about it. The WOGs aren't even trying!

Do you agree that you don't know shit and can't trust your own mind? - Allright, then we can go on to the next step!

You're a 'Thetan'! - You have lived countless times before and you will live forever!

Being an 'undying thetan' who lives forever is good, coz' then you won't die.. That's a relief! Dying sucks! - A thetan is basically good and can't be damaged in any way.. Any damage is in the mind. Insanity is in the mind.. But you are not your mind.. That's a relief!

You are not your body either.

Your body is but a piece of MEST without value and is expendable. Even your mind is not you.. Your mind is where all the insanity is.. Engrams and implants.. Your mind is your enemy! - Good thing we got that cleared up! Know your enemy!!!

Flipside is that a 'life' becomes expendable. Being a thetan you don't really have a mom and dad.. The whole 'family' game is an appearance. Families are bad Genetic Entity 'GE' groups. Just a MEST mechanism to produce new bodies. Humankind is nothing but a 'babyfactory', which is something very bad from way down the whole track that make you go all goosebumpy with the spiritually disturbing awfulness of it!

The intire MEST universe is a sort of practical joke that some thetans made once, out of (divine?) boredom.. They then became trapped in it. Got involved in games conditions and such.. The upshot is that the MEST universe is just a an agreed upon lie.. Useless really...

And thus you are disassociated from existence in all ways you knew! - In fact you are separated from yourself. Thinking you are a 'thetan'... Exterior or 'out of your mind'?

You are now suggestible!

Ready to have Hubturd tell you what reality is?

He will slander, degrade and vilify your mind and body. You will too! Hubturd get's you cooperating on this because your mind and body is not you. The 'real' you is a thetan. That spurious little thingie resembling a subatomic particle with no wavelenght or location that Hubturd made you believe is you! - Hubturd will validate you as a thetan! - Ohh! Yes! - The one man in the worrlld who never thinks he's a thetan, is a thetan!

And the thetan is basically good! A thetan can't be an SP! - That's a relief!

Hmm.. So you see: A Thetan is really just a voodoo doll!

:yes:

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
quote_icon.png

What (if anything) do you believe can be achieved by way of using Scientology that cannot be achieved through other means?

And what benefit would that provide that cannot be obtained through other means?

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Your own private mental world is what governs your ability to interact with others in the real world.

What don't you understand about this?

"Your own private mental world" easily becomes your own private mental WARD if you stay in the the cult long enough. :biggrin:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Leon - Happy New Year!

I have a question, if that is okay?

If someone criticizes Scientology - are they hiding crimes, big sordid ones?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
\

There are some other posters too with questions on the same line.

Sellng bullshit is a common practice in this world. I'm not saying it is right. I'm just saying it takes some chutzpah to do it.

What seems to be confusing you about calling a con game a con game?

It has nothing whatsoever to do with "chutzpah". That word only reflects the intensity of brazen act a criminal is capable of. The 911 highjackers were also bold. Jack the Ripper and Hitler, by your standards, also had "chutzpah", what's your point?

Reid Slatkin, Bernie Madoff and Ron Hubbard were criminal con men. Whether they were bold or not is not the point. Any ordinary bankrobber, mugger or carjacker is bold--so what?

There are entire penitentiaries filled to the brim with chutzpah.

Here's a simple question: Was L. Ron Hubbard a liar and con man? Did he knowingly promote and collect money for something he was not able to deliver? If you don't know the answer to that, you should read the thread on "Hubbard Admits Dianetics is a Fraud". The year was 1958 and Dr. Hubbard openly stated that DMSMH was not able to produce a Clear. Yet, he continued without missing a beat, selling DMSMH and Dianetics courses and Dianetic auditing for the next 28 years without correcting Book 1 or the course packs. He raked in hundreds of millions of dollars and didn't bother mentioning to his customers that Dianetics does not produce a Clear. That is blatant criminality, not chutzpah.

Sure, (in the late 70's) 20 years after he admitted Dianetics didn't make a Clear, he changed back and told his loyal customers that it suddenly and miraculously did produce a Clear again. Of course at that time, he was anxious to rush 10-20 thousand Scientologists onto the more profitable OT levels.

If you really believe that Hubbard's lying and treachery was merely "chutzpah" rather than outright fraud (i.e. con man), you either have some kind of learning disability or a monumental blind spot you might want to check into with some other method than Hubbard's auditing tech.

How anyone can read the claims of L. Ron Hubbard (Clear and OT) and watch him and his Scientologists fail to produce a single one for 65 years--yet still not recognize it as a con game--is a cosmic mystery of epic proportions.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Could a train even function on Venus? That would be impossible, even if we were in "agreement" ;)

The answer is part of why Venus is so bright in the night sky: its atmosphere. The “air” is extremely dense, more than 95% made of gaseous CO2, the rest is nitrogen. This means that Venus keeps much of its heat energy trapped, and being about a quarter-billion kilometres closer to the Sun than the Earth is, it has a lot more heat available to trap. Surface temperatures can easily push 700°C (1300°F), and Venus actually has a higher average temperature than Mercury, which lies much closer to the sun. If you’re looking for a sort of “worst case scenario” for the greenhouse effect, just look to Venus.

What would a train look like on a track, when it's 1,400 degrees outside? Yes, and it rains sulfuric acid, too. Sulfuric acid condenses and rains down from the upper atmosphere, but this tends to evaporate well before it hits the surface of the planet. You know you’re in a bad neighborhood when the lethal heat saves you from the lethal weather. Okay, so it has a a thick, super-heated, acidic atmosphere. Big deal!

Steel often melts at around 1370 degrees C, or 2500°F. And I'm sure that people have a much lower melting point.

Oh, LaFayette. Liar, liar, train on fire!

wc-5.jpg

Hi sweetheart,

Lafayette never melted the many times he flew around Venus in a sort of DC8 - millions of years ago :no

I know it's hard to grasp - people tends to ridiculize profound truths they can't grasp :unsure:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
An example: many of the critics and writers in their post Scio lives imagine what Xenu looked like and portray him as a comic-book superhero type chap with evil eyes. This was their image of him. yet, by contrast, Bill Robertson asked LRH what Xenu looked like and LRH described as a shabby old man in a shabby grey suit, walked with a limp and a can, had half-tinted glasses, and some sort of eczema on his bald pate. And tobacco stained teeth and fingers.

Look like LRH to me :biggrin: He saw his hallucination in the mirror!

* Where does Xenu buy his cigarettes ???? does he, as a coincidence, smoke cool ????
:biggrin:

I find watching star wars, Lord of the rings is more funny and cost only a penny compare to thousands hours of auditing hours to implant the Xenu hallucination in a mind!

Last edited:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Leon - Happy New Year!

I have a question, if that is okay?

If someone criticizes Scientology - are they hiding crimes, big sordid ones?

Of course!

It doesn't matter if the cult has lied, cheated, exploited the dupe, separated him from his contacts and money, or what. It is ALWAYS the dupes fault. It's ALWAYS something they did, never the cult.

This is one of the most amazing parts of the con to me. Even when I was in, I never fully bought into this. I was sort of 'wait and see' on everything. But, I've seen it myself, there are people who seemed to believe this unequivocally.

This is why cults survive, I guess.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
quote_icon.png

Jesus! LOL.

Please tell me that was a parody.

Erasure?

Engrams?

Seriously?

OMG.

This LINK might be very helpful in better understanding Scientology.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I accept anything [STRIKE]that produces case-gain.[/STRIKE]
Fixt.

...Were they real or not? I don't know and I truly don't care...
Learn to recognise your own ability to accept bullshit and not care if it is true.

...Sellng bullshit is a common practice in this world. I'm not saying it is right. I'm just saying it tkes some chutzpah to do it. /admiration

...The list is endless....

Caveat emptor is a very valid principle in law and even though its presence there does not justify conning the public in any transaction, yet the purchaser does have a responsibility in the matter. A buyer who believes in this world that he will never be sold a pig in a poke is known as a dupe or a sucker, and needs to wake up to reality.
This edited post removes a lot of the fluff so the skeleton can be seen. The argument appears to be - everyone sells bullshit, let the buyer beware (ie leave Ron alone).

By smearing the entire world, you seem to think you are making Ron look better. You aren't. He still sold products to give you perfect memory and those products don't give you perfect memory. He promoted cigarette usage, saying that they contained nicotinic acid (ie niacin) which they do not.

Labels like DB, OT, Clear, upstat, etc etc etc ad infinitum ad nauseum are just that: LABLES. If you put any credence into what labels say then reason m post just written.

No law can protect anyone from his own stupidity. Or credulity.
If you don't define them, they are not even labels.

The advantage to not defining them, as you have refused to do, is that no one can dispute your definitions. This allows you to say absolutely anything about these terms you like, because no one knows what you are talking about (particularly yourself).

If someone does question you, or raise doubts, you can create a definition afterword that removes their objection. You know, you really are turning me around here. I can see the tech really works.

If you do have to define a term, keep it very vague, to keep lots of wiggle room.
...OT means "can do". You're as OT as you "can do". It has never meant anything else.
Perfectly vague. Well done. It means nothing at all. There is a slight problem that even non-OTs 'can do' things, but still, it is vague and open to interpretation. Well done. You must have made it a long way up the bridge.

And believe me, if anyone ever believed that they could just pay money then sit back and enjoy the scenery while they get a Cadillac ride to a higher spiritual state then they are IDIOTS. Complete total idiots. No rules can ever protect them from the consequences of that.
You are a hair's breath away from being an ex-scientologist. A little nudge is all you need.

...Well I never did that. And I was never conned. I saw what was going on and rejected the crap all along and took on only what was of value and what was good - and I freely admit I even had momentary lapse in this, but I recovered them while still in the CofS...
I was never conned, only a little bit. Let me give you a little nudge.

You were conned a lot by others. Now you are conning yourself.

If you stop conning yourself, you will be free of this...

...A robotic C/S under pressure to get the Org's Income up will always fail. That's Leon's first rule of technical application.
...unless of course you are starting your own religion.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
(Deleted post. HH already commented on what I was going to comment on. Bastard! lol)

Ron was Xenu in this life. He pickled you in the sweet tasting poison (glycol) of the Tech, then tossed you all in the volcano of Ethics handling.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Mine in red to bring * historical input in the information

Me just dropping into this conversation. Frankly speaking, I don't believe a second that Hubbard was a con man.

I am saying this because this comes up in every 2nd or third post I am exposed to. If Hubbard were a con why would he have bothered auditing himself even when already half dead? He cared until his last breath about Scientology and that was what his life was dedicated to.

BTW@Leon-2: top-drawer posts I fully agree with :clap:

I am saying this because this comes up in every 2nd or thirs post I am expose to.
If Hubbard were a genius\scientist\spiritually advanced being, why would he bothered screaming to fearfull entities he wanted to explode with a super high voltage e-meter when already half dead ??? He cared until his last breath about $$$$$cientology and that was what his life was dedicated to.

In the wog world, it is called a severe psychosis, and a sad fear of the disturbed being approaching death. Normal beings ussually find the courage to get through it , with normal fear, and ability to give up when they ensured to keep a peacefull mind and heart.

* may be considered as historical facts as corroborated by Kima and Sarge
Correct me if I am wrong!

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
And believe me, if anyone ever believed that they could just pay money then sit back and enjoy the scenery while they get a Cadillac ride to a higher spiritual state then they are IDIOTS. Complete total idiots. No rules can ever protect them from the consequences of that.

Leon,

I, like billions of human being, doing it, sitting back and enjoy the scenery on my spiritual journey. No effort, only relax and enjoy! Life is very much intelligent, is has been such for billion of years here on the planet, before [STRIKE]ron the buddha[/STRIKE] ron , you and I came here...life had already provided everything , any form of life needs to survive..there is only to keep being here and in the present time, enjoying the scenery!

To even think that we are the one who may provide human being with what mother nature didn't think about may be a sort of a messiah complex - a LRH infectious disease!

Life is way more beautifull and easier in a garden than in a course or auditing room , in search for pseudo time track events of the past.
Why not give a try.

Did you ever considered you could possibly have been mistaken ????

:hattip:

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Ron was Xenu in this life. He pickled you in the sweet tasting poison (glycol) of the Tech, then tossed you all in the volcano of Ethics handling.

Oops. You commented on my deleted post which didn't show in your post.
My original post was was about how ron's description of Xenu resembled how ron looked like later in life and that perhaps ron was Xenu himself in a previous life, the one from 75 million years ago. L. Ron Hubbard = Xenu L. Hubbard.

Anonycat

Crusader
Re: Faux therapy explained.

Labels like DB, OT, Clear, upstat, etc etc etc ad infinitum ad nauseum are just that: LABLES. If you put any credence into what labels say then reason m post just written.

No law can protect anyone from his own stupidity. Or credulity.

You're confusing labels with definitions. For your own convenience, it appears.

Second, being conned does not mean you're stupid. If it didn't work often enough, the con would be abandoned for another approach.

Last edited: