Scientology IAS membership reduced from $500 to $250 per year

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by CommunicatorIC, Oct 30, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

The official purpose of IAS was to be an "independent" fund for the re-establishment of Scientology, should it have become necessary. The story line was that if the government had seized Scn assets, the IAS could swing in and use its finances to set up new orgs in new places.

This story never sounded right to me, even when I was a true believer. If at any point a government seized the orgs' property, they could also seize the IAS re-establishment. The actual best course of action would have been to re-start service delivery in the homes of Scn public, until things got sorted out.
  2. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

I had a lifetime HASI.....I paid $50 for it.

When the IAS started the HASI was no longer honored for anything and one had to join the IAS to get any discounts on services or pay full rates which were more than the cost of the IAS.

I also bought a lifetime IAS membership in 1985 or 86. I paid $2,000 for that. My card said I was a founding member. :kickedout:
  3. Leland

Leland Crusader

IAS lowering their prices is certainly a CRACK in the facade of the Cult....

I've never heard of the cult lowering their prices for anything...until now.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List