Scientology Member David Evans threatens journalist Laura Turner over Going Clear

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by CommunicatorIC, Mar 18, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

FYI, I mistakenly typed November 20, 2013. Edited my post to reflect the correct date: November 30, 2013.

2. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

I'm not sure Laura Turner would agree with you.

Laua did not appear to be amused.

When someone with an organization that has the history and resources of the Church of Scientology says -

We've decided to look further into you and into the various publications you write for. Here's your next assignment: research people in the media who spread lies about us.

-- it might not be a bad idea to take them seriously.

Further, the threat, the obvious attempt at intimidation, is harmful (or at least an attempt to commit harm) in and of itself.

3. Veda

Veda Sponsor

They're definitely not "in present time" with the Internet age. Probably because Hubbard didn't predict it in any of the writings.

Then someone should explain to Laura that Scientologists say this sort of thing the way bees buzz. It's an automatic response and, most of the time, puffery and bluster.

She's supposed to be pacing the floor anxiously, panicked that Scientology is going to unearth her hidden crimes.

Wright and especially Gibney - plus the participants in the documentary - are currently the main targets for Scientology. They need to watch their backs and be mindful to tricks and possible set ups.

This appears to be a public Scientologist having his moment of Scientological indignation and sending a boiler plate "We're investigating you!" missive.

My suggestion stands. Now that the guy has drawn attention to himself, rather than try to squash him (which won't get him out of Scientology), why not try to help him (in other words, help him get out of Scientology) by coaxing him to look and think?

4. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

I agree. If people respond to him aggressively - the way Scientologists are taught to do to their enemies, whether perceived or actual - it would only confirm him in his view that exes and critics are the Bad Guys. A sympathetic and informed response might have a chance of working.

Remember, this guy's been "in" since 1975 (for 40 years, in other words) and therefore most likely not only does he believe that his eternity is at stake, but also, most if not all of his friends and quite likely a large part of his family are "in" too. He has a lot to lose (ir so it would seem to him) by starting to ask questions about what is really going on with the CofS.

Also, consider the effect any replies to him in the public domain might have on fence-sitters who aren't as deeply involved as this guy is.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  5. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

David could watch a few hours of youtube videos perhaps starting with Scientology: The secret lives of L Ron Hubbard (just hope he clay demos 2nd wife) and the Tampa Bay Truth rundown, Debbie Cook's Court testimony....etc...Then read a few more books on scientology like Going clear: scientology, Hollywood, and the prison of belief, "Blown for Good", "Beyond Belief" My secret life inside scientology", "Inside Scientology, The story of America's most secretive religion","My Billion year contract","Messiah or Madman" "Let's sell these people a piece of Blue Sky", "The Mind Benders","scientology the cult of Greed","Human Trafficking by the US Church of Scientology: From Russia to the USA: From Freedom to Slavery" ,"The Church of Scientology: A History of a New Religion" and "Bare Faced Messiah"

Then he can claim at least a million words and the truth straight from his founder's foul mouth about not having a second wife. LOL

Authority....ha ha ha....:dieslaughing:

6. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Or just tell him

FLUNK!

(After 40 years of Scientology training, that would probably work best.)

7. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

I love how David Evans measures prowess by words read. You can read hundreds of thousands of words of Harry Potter (Jeebus are those books in need of an editor) and not come out the other side a working fantasy writer, or even an expert on the modern fantasy novel.

Turner and her friends seem to be handling this responsibly. I loved the idea of sending the guy pizza spam, though they chose not to go that route. One of her friends actually did some digging on this guy. This is what he found:

His name seems to be David Thomas Evans, and he was the butt of a joke on Marty's blog some time ago.

Here is his Facebook friends page. He seems heavily involved in dissemination in Taiwan. :angry:

Anyone recognize any of his gweilo friends?

Does anyone know - is he in the OSA PR arm, or is he on the Oat Tee committee working on his own as he sees fit, or is he possibly a lower level dude doing amends?

8. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I think he's just a scientologist-gone-rogue for a bit there.

9. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

Ooooh. I see Mistah Evans is Facebook friends with David Minkoff. There's one $cilon name even I recognize, the fucker.:angry:

I see he had a "seminar" on natural health last November. The next time he does this, can one of our Florida peeps attend and ask pointed questions about health topics related to Lisa's case? :bigcry:

10. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Is David Minkoff above related to Rebecca Minkoff?
    Twitter timeline for @RebeccaMinkoff (241k followers, btw) link here: https://twitter.com/RebeccaMinkoff/with_replies

I ask because Melinda Brownstone -- @minmin1008 -- (<----former friend of Leah Remini, current bestie of Kirstie Alley) likes to retweet Ms. Minkoff. Link to @minmin1008 Twitter timeline here: https://twitter.com/minmin1008/with_replies

JB

11. whoisxenu

whoisxenu Patron with Honors

"If any of you reading this review knew me, you would know that I am the last person on Earth to follow a cult... I have listened to over 2000 lectures by L. Ron Hubbard and read at least 500,000 words. I've taken many courses and received counselling."

I hope his next course is in logic. He seems to have "just happened to listen to" over 2000 lectures by LRH:omg:. I mean it's not like he deliberately decided to listen to OVER 2000 LECTURES [no one not in a cult would do that, right???], he probably just started in 1975 with one and before you know it, it was y2k!:unsure:

12. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Rebecca is David's daughter.

13. Tamiacat

Tamiacat New Member

I realize that I am VERY late to this thread, but David Evans is my half-brother. I have not seen him in 34+ years and have only spoken to him a handful of times. We seemed to reconnect a few years ago but then around 2015, I stopped hearing from him - except the 2 times the areas where I live was hit by a hurricane and he checked in to see if I was alive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Tamiacat. Hopefully David will contact you again soon and discuss Hurricane Leah of the Aftermath