What's new

Scientology NOI alliance. This will not end well.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's what I don't get...other than cognitive dissonance and all...what happens when these people go further and further into Scientoxity how will they maintain their meatbody focus of white vs black?

Scientoxity and Hu666ard played it like they were high-toned but FarraCON makes no bones about being pissed off...what happens when they learn the Tone Scale?

In Scientoxity the meatbody is a thing. It is juxtaposed to who and what you are. It is denigrated. Right or wrong in Scientoxity people are trained to not identify as it and to identify with we are all thetans.

In NOI the meatbody, if it's black, is the thing to be. It trains people to identify as the meatbody and identify as black. The two are incompatible, IMHO.

In Scientoxity it pits ideologies and the us vs them is against psychiatry and the IRS. In the NOI it's all racist of white vs black. Its entire focus is meatbodies....something Scientoxity treats as old hat, old as in ancient, and abberrated.

NOI is just another PR prop to lend credibility to the Church's Washington lobbying efforts.

LRH basically excluded the black population when he adopted the "Inflation: read greedy" price increase policies circa 1979 and made his "Scientology helps the able become more able" statement literal.

To the extent that Scientology helps NOI's lobbying efforts the relationship is mutually beneficial and if their members understand this going in they can deal with the compromises over ideology knowing its a quirky but valuable business relationship.

Scientology doesn't need to actually help the black community, it just needs their lobbyists and opinion leaders to say they do.

guanoloco

As-Wased
NOI is just another PR prop to lend credibility to the Church's Washington lobbying efforts.

LRH basically excluded the black population when he adopted the "Inflation: read greedy" price increase policies circa 1979 and made his "Scientology helps the able become more able" statement literal.

To the extent that Scientology helps NOI's lobbying efforts the relationship is mutually beneficial and if their members understand this going in they can deal with the compromises over ideology knowing its a quirky but valuable business relationship.

Scientology doesn't need to actually help the black community, it just needs their lobbyists and opinion leaders to say they do.

I got ya.

I'm talking about the average Joe consumer. In one he learns freedom from the meatbody prison cell. In the other he learns that white meatbodies are bad and black meatbodies are righteous.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I believe that the NOI and COS are both psycho-political groups, and that their informal merger produces a force multiplier effect for both.

The Congressional Black Caucus, for example, is now more receptive to Scientology than in the past.

And Scientology is desperately trying to gain some traction with the "Scientolophobe bigot" meme -similar to the "Islamophobe" label used by CAIR and other Muslim Brotherhood front groups to deflect criticism.

This is one aspect of a complicated, multi-level alliance which I believe has the acquisition of financial and political resources as its goal.