Scientology NOI alliance. This will not end well.

Discussion in 'Nation of Islam and Related Groups' started by WildKat, Jul 16, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

NOI is just another PR prop to lend credibility to the Church's Washington lobbying efforts.

LRH basically excluded the black population when he adopted the "Inflation: read greedy" price increase policies circa 1979 and made his "Scientology helps the able become more able" statement literal.

To the extent that Scientology helps NOI's lobbying efforts the relationship is mutually beneficial and if their members understand this going in they can deal with the compromises over ideology knowing its a quirky but valuable business relationship.

Scientology doesn't need to actually help the black community, it just needs their lobbyists and opinion leaders to say they do.

2. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I got ya.

I'm talking about the average Joe consumer. In one he learns freedom from the meatbody prison cell. In the other he learns that white meatbodies are bad and black meatbodies are righteous.

3. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

I believe that the NOI and COS are both psycho-political groups, and that their informal merger produces a force multiplier effect for both.

The Congressional Black Caucus, for example, is now more receptive to Scientology than in the past.

And Scientology is desperately trying to gain some traction with the "Scientolophobe bigot" meme -similar to the "Islamophobe" label used by CAIR and other Muslim Brotherhood front groups to deflect criticism.

This is one aspect of a complicated, multi-level alliance which I believe has the acquisition of financial and political resources as its goal.