Scientology tries to get a Christian minister in trouble for helping Dee Findlay burn her past

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by RSS Feed, May 1, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Scientology tries to get a Christian minister in trouble for helping Dee Findlay burn her past

Dee Findlay ended 2017 with an item from her bucket list: She burned more than $10,000 worth of Scientology materials that she had bought on an impulse back in 2010.

Dee is a well known figure here at the Underground Bunker. She’s been celebrated for her memorable address to the Clearwater City Council [...]

[​IMG]

Dee Findlay ended 2017[.......]

Continue reading...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

Burning other people's books is an outrageous hate crime.

Burning your own books is entirely legitimate political/cultural/philosphic statement and commentary.

The analytical mind thinks in differences and similarities.

The A=A=A thought of the reactive mind thinks in identities

Of course one can hardly expect any person inside CoS would be allowed to understand or apply the basic concepts of the work.

3. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

For once I agree... It should be your own books that you burn... That can be cathartic...
    I am indeed very very reluctant to destroy books... Kinda like the dwarfs from the Discworld. ;)
    But one day I will have the joy of burning "The Bible Code"... Maybe some UFO books too... Maybe someone else wants to join me then with their scientology books or books on angels or esoteric self-help... Lol... :cool:

I don't own any scientology books but decades ago I bought "The Bible Code". Only a long time after buying it I found out it is a fraud and how it was accomplished and what exactly were the lies and half-truths in the book.
    It is relevant in a negative kind of way for me because for a while, it made me think that there's something to it, something out there, to me it was the equivalent of the Gulf Breeze Sightings ((ex-)UFOlogists will understand...), as neither a Bible fan nor being into numerology or Kabbalah or anything related... But maths... I kinda trust maths...
    To clarify, as an atheist and Satanist that book didn't make me trust in the Bible or value it any more than before, I just thought some of the texts might have been influenced by aliens or another force, not because they were teaching us something with the texts themselves (that are exactly as primitive and hate-filled as the time(s) of their making suggest) but because they liked to hide some messages for the future in there. The banality and lack of flexibility of the moral codes in old religious texts was and is indisputable for me, they will "work" and make sense only for a primitive society...

Truth is, a sociologist or psychologist or historian or informed person can always learn something from even the most obsolete writing and the worst fraud, including Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf", but there's also always the risk that an uninformed, gullibe person believes all they read and gets drawn into something that is not good for them...
    But I guess that was more of a problem in the times before the internet...

Plus any book is of some historical worth, even a trashy sci-fi novel from the 1930s is, same as some random family photo or postcard from the 1900s...

A partial solution would be to place a warning on the back of the book's cover:
    "WARNING! PROVEN FRAUD!
    DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET BEFORE BELIEVING ANYTHING IN THIS BOOK AND USE FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY!"

Or something... :hysterical:

Maybe some of the most famous esoteric and other fraud books of the 20th and 21th century will get newly published in the future, maybe after the copyrights expired, in commented versions that explain the intricate fraud in detail... Just like they do with "Mein Kampf"... Or there will be academic papers on them... Or are already... Additionally to the debunking on the internet... That would be nice! :)

Last edited: May 2, 2018