Scientology's TOP 100 biggest lies

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by HelluvaHoax!, Dec 12, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

"Thank you for listening" of course.

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

When reading Mike Rinder's blog this morning he touched upon what must be one of the Top 100 Lies in Scientology.

When Hubbard released the Introspection Rundown he announced that he had gotten rid of the last reason for psychiatry to exist.

:hmm:

Here is a sample of the results, showing the efficacy (or lack thereof) of the Introspection Rundown:

How many people went type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/...i-ie-had-a-psychotic-break-in-your-org.38005/

Part 2 -How many people went Type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/...i-ie-had-a-psychotic-break-in-your-org.43120/

I nominate Hubbard's claim stated above as one of the Top 100 Lies.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  3. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Biggest lie - Total Freedom

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. chuckbeatty

chuckbeatty Patron with Honors

I' continue to feel Sarge's interview with Wright is underappreciated for too many reasons to go into. It stunned me, when I heard it the first time.

I so wish somehow Sarge's statements be moved to the top of the list of important facts about Hubbard and Scientology. (The subject and Hubbard are failures, and for reasons that I feel in hindsight need stressing and focusing on, long range.)

The above excellent list of biggest lies explain why the Scientology subject and Hubbard are failures, and not worthy of too much attention and certainly no one ought be practitioners of the Hubbard quackery/pseudo-therapy/Xenu's-"body-thetans"-exorcism.

This Sarge interview, is evidence of the lie: "Scientology Works"

No, Scientology was even thought a failure by Hubbard, the founder of the subject.

Here's the link to the Kindle edition where this video is purchaseable, I recommend experts of the Scientology nutball saga buy this "Enhanced Kindle Edition" and have this for the future, it is something Scientology cannot "take down."
    https://www.amazon.com/Going-Clear-...ion&qid=1547924121&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&pldnSite=1

5. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I've never been able to understand this complicated business about why he wanted an e-meter that was going to electrocute him or something. Why didn't he just go into a building, get in the bath and have somebody chuck an electric heater in there with him if that's the way he wanted to go?

6. Type4_PTS

There are so many big lies but certainly that one is as big as any.

I believe that Hubbard's "Admissions" acquired by Gerry Armstrong is 100% genuine and is very revealing of his intent.
    http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/writings/ars/ars-2000-03-11.html

If there were a thread on ESMB "Top 10 Times Hubbard Told the Truth", then his 'admissions' would certain be there. And yes, there had to be at least 10 times. Even a broken clock tells the truth twice a day.

Hubbard wrote in his 'admissions':
    Not exactly an indicator that he had intended on freeing anyone. :no:

And those that stay in Scientology, especially those in the Sea Org, become less and less free every year.

Many people who have been real slaves have more freedom than Sea Org members.

7. chuckbeatty

chuckbeatty Patron with Honors

Likely a long continuing pattern for Hubbard, his lifelong thinking just wasn't up to spotting his own illogic.

8. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

There's an interview Hubbard did where he said the Puerto Rico adventure was two-bit and a total bust failure. He said this to juxtapose the official Dianetics hype surrounding it.

That's a time he told the truth.

9. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

I couldn't agree with you more. I never can wrap my wits around why there's still even a discussion
    after Wright's book and Sarge's reveal.

Some hypotheticals.

Man supposedly discovers a cure for cancer. Dies from cancer. Case closed.

Man supposedly formulates a medicinal substance to prevent strokes. Dies from a stroke. Case closed.

Man comes up with a sure-fire way to beat the stock market. Goes bankrupt. Case closed.

Hubbard discovers the solution to the human mind and spirit. Essentially, takes his own life. Case closed.

Some circumstances in life warrant no further discussion, but rather to be stamped as "case closed" and
    have the files quickly put away.

Footnote: The COS of Scientology has NEVER* disputed Sarge's most revealing story or claims. On the
    COS Lawrence Wright book rebuttal website, they do dispute over 200 details or less important facts or
    minor errors, but they do not directly dispute Sarge's story even though they easily could. What does
    that tell you?

*For about 48 hours, the attempt to besmirch Sarge -- screen grab below -- had been posted on the website,
    but they took it down pretty quickly. No denial of the suicide attempt in November or Hubbard's refusal to
    receive proper medical care (which were both in the book), all so he could die. Case closed.

Screenshot from 2019-07-08 12-07-53.jpg
    :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

What's highlighted is very revealing. Hubbard is essentially blowing from the area!

He's not planning on returning!! He wants to leave!!

Per Leaving and Leaves this is off-policy! Did anyone give him an Int RD?

What were his crimes?

11. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

That sounds like early pioneering Research & Discovery for what later evolved into the more (more polished) modern science of acceptable truths.

Had Hubbard waited a bit longer before killing himself, the shore story would have (instead) been a substantially more CultCrafted refinement:

STARKEY
    ". . . furthermore as the appointed executor of Mr. Hubbard's estate--if anything
    Pfauth now says occurred, I would have known about it. This entire story is
    ridiculous and bogus. Because, I know every square inch of Ron's body."

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. HelluvaHoax!

Yeah, okay, let's allow that PRESS CONFERENCE videotape roll a little further:

STARKEY
    Furthermore as the appointed executor of Mr. Hubbard's estate--if anything
    Pfauth now says occurred, I would have known about it. This entire story is
    ridiculous and bogus. Because, I know every square inch of Ron's body.

INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST
    Wutttt? Square inch? Huhhh? That sounds like a non-sequitur.

STARKEY
    No, I can assure you with total certainty that
    it was most definitely NOT a non-sequtur.
    We are a science of the mind, we
    don't deal in non-sequiturs!

INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST
    But nobody has any clue what you are talking
    about. Can you please explain what that
    "every square inch of his body" means?

STARKEY
    I am very glad you asked that question.
    The answer is no. I am not able to explain it.
    Because your question is itself a non-sequitur.
    Besides that self-evident fact, what are your crimes?

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  13. HelluvaHoax!

Outstanding point, Chuck! Thanks for that.

You have inspired an all-new-and-improved list, now posted for wider viewing over on the STUPID THREAD.

14. HelluvaHoax!

LOL

When others blow it is due to their evil-purposes and "crimes".

However, when Ron blows it is simply a word which was not fully cleared.

Science.

[​IMG]

15. Xenu Xenu Xenu

Xenu Xenu Xenu Patron with Honors

I think the Church of Scientology has already done the work for you.

Go to their website and you will find a lie on each and every line of their text especially in their ''Frequently Asked Questions" section.

I would provide a link but why would anyone want to waste their time over there?

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  16. Type4_PTS

I just read an article in the Daily Mail and within it is another HUGE lie from Scientology.

Sam Domingo was coerced into having an abortion by CoS while in the Sea Org. CoS denied this, and as part of their response claimed:

"...intrinsic to the Scientology religion is the deepest respect for the family and for family life"

The article itself has some good information it. The horrific conditions she experienced on the RPF. How the CoS was desperate to recruit her famous father-in-law. And much more!

Here's the link to the article and a screenshot of the headline:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...omingo-reveals-Scientology-celeb-secrets.html

dailymail.PNG

Attached Files:

17. Type4_PTS

Someone in the comments section below this article wrote:

"Sounds great to me. Where can I sign up."