Seeking fellow Excal Crew members 1975 Delivery Cruise

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gigi, Jan 27, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. gigi

gigi New Member

Hi Folks. My name is gigi Morton. I was hired as the Chief Cook by the Excalibur's new owner, September 1975, leaving San Pedro September 2 and docking at Intracoastal City, LA Sept 30. Would love to find my fellow crew members. My name at that time was Gwen Muchetti.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Huh? Huh? x 1
    • List
  2. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Welcome! We'd love to hear your story.
    You were just a little before my time in da cherch.

3. pkatz

pkatz Patron with Honors

That's Ed Brewer sitting on the capstan. He passed away some time ago. Very good guy. The skinny guy looks like Peter Cook. Riggs Eckelberry is on fb.

SanDiegoMember may have more for you, I let him know you're looking.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  4. SanDiegoMember

SanDiegoMember Howard Dickman

Hi gigi. I was on the Excalibur's RPF from February 1974 to February 1975. I have recorded a bit of history about the Excal here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Excalibur

I would love to read your stories for inclusion on the aforementioned site. I loved the pictures you posted!

Howard Dickman

5. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

Welcome!

You even include pictures, wow! A lot has changed in the nearly ten years I've been in the battle against COS. :)

6. gigi

gigi New Member

Thanks, Paul. That's sad to hear about Ed. The older gentleman was his father, who had come down from Canada to help on this cruise. and Riggs was our captain. San Diego got in touch as did TrevAnon.

note:
    If you are the Paul I think you are, I remember being with you and a very burly man, the bosun ?, who would famously sneeze into his closed fist saying "Horseshit!" Am I recalling correctly?

7. gigi

gigi New Member

Hi Howard. Thanks for touching base with me. I'm not invested at this time to tell my SeaOrg story. Too much happening in my life that I'm having a ton of fun with. Take good care.
    gigi

8. gigi

gigi New Member

Thanks for getting in touch TrevAnon. The last time I was on the ship was April, '72??? Very poor recall...over 45 years have passed and I was only there for about 6 months.
    Take good care,
    gigi

9. pkatz

pkatz Patron with Honors

The burly bosun was probably Mike, who took over for me when I routed out of the SO in '74. I worked with him for maybe a week or so, didn't notice if he had any quirks.

If you were there when the big RPFing of the crew happened that would place us abd together. Otherwise you must have come later. It sounds like you were already aboard and were hired by the new owner, amirite? You can pm me, if you want to, once you've made a few posts (3, I think).

10. TrevAnon

From this I understand that you don't recall Gigi (or was not there at the same time).

Too bad, for if you had been able to, we would have been able to put her on the big list. :D

(See signature.)

11. TrevAnon

Hi Gigi,

Maybe a short explanation is in order. I was never in, and I am an anon who has been working on the big list of ex-members for almost 10 years now. The list serves as proof of the things that went on and still go on in the Church, but of course also as a means for exes to help find out who of the people they knew while still in are out by now.

I understand there are lots of people who are now out and have NOT spoken out. The list may provide a start to go search.

You can find the list here: http://whyweprotest.wikia.com/wiki/Former_Church_of_Scientology_members_who_have_spoken_out

Hope to hear from you if anyone on that list was in while you were in.

Also stories. We like them!

Please consider posting a thread (or a post in this one) where you tell a little more about yourself. It might help other people to get in touch with you!

12. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

And the Excaliber's new owners were, specifically ?