Snow White Redux . . . a smoking derringer?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by ILove2Lurk, Sep 21, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

3. Can we please keep a lid on the inter-personal arguments?

4. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

It wasn't meant to become an argument, but it kind of grew into one ... I apologise.

:tobed:

5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I apologize to Mike Rinder for getting it wrong. Sorry, Mike. :sorry: Maybe Val Lisa said your name to me and called you the Director of USGO as a joke because there was a conflict between something the CMO was doing and the GO was doing at the time, then afterwards, every time I heard her say Mike (Little), I thought she meant Mike Rinder. :shrug: That's the only scenario I can think of that might explain.

:redface: IDK. I am sure NOW that I got it wrong, though.

What I wrote demonstrates how it is to work with someone who saw the world in black and white, good hats and bad hats and how their influence can effect someone else. I'm leaving the post the way it is because I knew plenty of people who got temporarily caught up in that sort of insanity and it is a glimpse of how things appeared at the USGO to an 18 year old who did not grow up in scientology.

Clearly, if anyone besides me thought Mike Rinder was in the GO before, there should be no doubts at all anymore from anyone that he was not, until it became OSA. So maybe it's good it came up.

Janis Grady is a sweetheart. Thank you, Janis, for your patience and the way you calmly addressed this with me. You're so cool. :hug:

If you sent Janis here, Hobbs, thanks for doing that. It was a wise choice.

ADDED: DChoice, if you would be so kind as to post a portion of this or link it to wherever you posted my other post on Mike Rinder's blog, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  6. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Popcorn $2

Choc ices $3

Soda $1.50

7. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Ya, Denny was a thoroughly pleasant gentleman. I always thought, believed, him to have been Indian heritage (Asian Indian from that country) he spoke perfect English but with a very slight Asian accent.

He and Cathy were on staff with me in Melbourne '62-'64. He did the early SHSBC '62 and returned to Melbourne as the tech wizzzzz and became Org Sec . . . . Cathy was DofP.

Denny was a very gracious man, while Cathy was wont to have opinions that misled her from optimum relationships.

R

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thanks. You knew him better than I did, and your idea of his heritage seems more likely than mine. Cathy . . . , er, yes. :)

Paul

9. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

I knew Ziggy very well.

If we're talking to same Ziggy - at CC on La Brea mid 70's & not much later died in his sleep.

10. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    I'm slightly flawed because I don't subscribe to automatic "fast flow forgiveness"
    for high-level Int base execs who leave after they were part of the inner circle
    and participated in all the secrecy and crazy shore story invention for decades.

I began this thread to document some of the public statements made by those
    exes, specifically Marty and Mike. Though Mike is celebrated today, and maybe
    he should be, I won't be celebrating him until he tells "what he knew and when
    he knew it."

Mike and Marty found out that there were no upper OT levels around 1987-8,
    but sat on the revelation for nearly thirty years. Cost me about $32,000 for the
    "OT 9&10 package" and a divorce. Much more actually.

I wish they had spoken sooner. This is information we should have known.
    :shrug:
    Mike Rinder says
    November 13, 2017 at 12:42 pm
    None of this is invented.
    You should perhaps pay more attention to the people who were actually
    there and spend less time trying to defend the indefensible.
    I was part of the armed raid that went to the secret property in Newberry Springs
    to get the files that Pat Broeker supposedly had of the “OT levels beyond VIII”
    but there were no such thing…
    What the old OT levels “prove” is absolutely nothing. They are not OT IX to XV
    – don’t believe me, read up on what L. Ron Hubbard claimed about OT levels
    beyond OT VIII.
    :hmm:

Reference: My parody of what might have gone on is here: From the Cutting Room Floor

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  11. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    Update:
    Mike Rinder says
    November 13, 2017 at 3:01 pm
    I did not know that the filing cabinets and papers gotten in that raid contained nothing.
    Miscavige pretenses for years that he had gotten everything he needed and it would
    be released in good time. It was Marty Rathbun that eventually put all the pieces together
    for me after I had left. Including making sense of conversations I witnessed Miscavige
    having with or about Ray Mithoff.
    :shrug:

12. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

So Mike admits, in writing, that he engaged in an act of armed robbery?

13. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

This may not seem very charitable but reading this thread again I hope Val Lisa came to a sticky end, at least as far as her role in the CofS was concerned. She's clearly caused a lot of misery to some good people.