So Explain This CF I Keep Hearing About

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Jan 29, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

So Explain This CF I Keep Hearing About

A lot of people are curious about the “CF filing” that scientology obsesses over. It is a mystery to many of the uninitiated, though certainly anyone who has been around an org knows about CF and its perpetual backlog of filing. “Central Files” is a Hubbard invention to keep track of everyone that has ever […]

Continue reading...

2. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Madness. Utter madness.

At a time when businesses take physical paper, scan it, and put it on computer, these guys are printing stuff OFF of their computerized system so as to create physical folders (which will never be maintained), just because Hubbard never contemplated computerized files.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

sup,dude? telex me. (as per HCOPL...)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  4. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Huibbard thought he had everything covered and locked it all up in a rigid system of policies that would not allow for change.

Kinda strange from him considering the amount of technological changes he would have observed in his less than stellar military career in WWII and and leading into the 70s.

I would guess there would have been many who lobbied for changes in the system for Central Files to become an electronic database and obviously appeared to have failed. Or their wasn't enough staff and resources to create it. Seems like technology is reserved for the nefarious side of the church like OSA. Maybe they're too paranoid t trust anyone else with this stuff.

As long as it all remains rooted in the past, it is to the public's advantage and safety.

5. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

It's what cults do. It's why Islam is stuck in the 7th century and desert apparel is worn in the Maldives.

You know...the SP is staring at a stuck picture...

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

?!?!?!?

ET, I double dog dare you to say "I kid you not"

7. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

I have a different take on this. It's a giant intelligence gathering operation. So they're basically taking your life history answers and inputting into a computerized database (using slave and volunteer labor). Now they can track you and terrorize you and your family and friends forever if you cross them.

It's not
    CRAZY

IT'S
    SINISTER

Only the idiot members think it has something to do with dissemination.​

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

And they'll be able to do this even in a post-apocalyptic world where computers no longer work!

9. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

It was a simple technology from the 50's that never got up dated. I ran NYO CF for a while - DC org was gang busters, but some idiot got the idea to send all the files in the NYC area to NYO, new england to Boston, California to the la org. We had boxes and boxes of files so I organized these late night filing parties. Colin Thorne bought a slew of filing cabinets, and we got them all integrated. DC crashed big time. Why? It gave away it's public. I think it went from a 9 div org to a 7 div org. Those people were willing to fly across the country to do services at DC. Idiots.

But really - it is no big deal to run CF. I had mine in PT daily. No back logs. But when I got transferred to another post it fell out of PT so badly I was pulled back to fix it. I had it back in order in a few days.

Microfilming is another dinosaur technology building departments use to keep copies of building permits and the like. Now they simply scan them. The micro films are really crappy - so scratched - under or over exposed, you are lucky to get any useful data from them at all.

But Scientology is stuck in the 50's when trains ran on Venus.

Mimsey

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

My 2018 resolution:
    To come out of the closet

All those letter were from me and
    I really did my very best with grammatical challenges :oops:

Please..reply to my letters! :(
    and tell me how you are doing with your DMSMH book you bought in 1980!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  11. IWantOffThisTrain

IWantOffThisTrain Eternal Optimist

The thought of having to maintain files that never have, and never will, serve any purpose seems ridiculous and a complete waste if time. But the thought they keep detailed records on members in order to "sell" them something is offensive. Its not just basic contact info with a list of what the person has purchased but nicknames, marriages/divorces, correspondence..all kept to make it easier for a future reg to sell a service, it just seems so invasive. The idea its ones "church" is adding insult to injury. Hopefully the new data laws will be problematic for Co$ and maybe files will end up being the nightmare for miscaviage that brings down the empire!

12. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Since scientology is obviously going to clear the planet soon and they are going to need at least one CF folder for each person (about 8 billion) plus an accounts folder plus at least 10 pc folders I would guess if they are audited to Clear. So that's about 100 billion folders. That's probably the real reason they're investing in new buildings - for storage purposes.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  13. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Well...not really offensive...it's a genius CRM way ahead of its time. It just needs to be a CRM...the whole thing could fit on a flash drive, be up to date, allow for drip campaigns on snail and email. But that would make sense...which, then, precludes being Scientology.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  14. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

OH NO! A post-apocalyptic world! No toilet paper!

Well...at least they will have lots of experience regarding having no TP and will have lots of "make do" paper in stock.

15. Mimsey Borogrove

I think there is a central problem in Scientology and it is Hubbard's overkill mentality. Like looking up all the definitions, adding every process to the expanded grades on 4 flows etc. The examples abound - and CF is no exception. In each CF folder there are copies of receipts, letters to and from the person, and other bric a brac. In one org a person will have at least 4 files on him - his ethics file, his pc folders, his student file and his cf file, Hubbard wanted every piece of paper, every letter, no matter how banal kept in the file. 90% of it was useless. The problem gets compounded if he does services at several orgs, such as LA org, ASHO, AOLA and Flag.

What a sane person would have done, faced with wanting to maintain a record of communications to a person, would be to keep the letters with actual communication and keep a log of the dross.

So if Tom writes in a letter and the letter reg responds and they mail back and forth - those should be kept in the file for later reference. The many "Hi Tom, when are you coming to the org? ARC Mary" letters could be simply be noted in a log in the file and ditched. They garnered no response and have little value in being preserved.

That would have been a logical system. But logic has been castrated in Scientology by Hubbard's insistence on the unchanging - what did Ron say to do?

Mimsey

Edit - while the actual quote is what would Ron do? you would think it means he would fix the bad situation.Not so. It suggests that Ron would read a CSW and make a change. We ask: would Ron change a bad situation that is generated by one of his policies?

CSW - means Completed Staff Work - a fully researched suggestion of a solution to a problem. It is supposed to tbe the way things get handled in an org. I think there is little evidence that he altered policy based on a CSW.

Here's a classic example: Scientology getting a lot of flak about declaring people fair game. So does Ron stop the practice? Nope. He just says we won't say that any more, but we will continue to fair game people.

Mimsey

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. IWantOffThisTrain

IWantOffThisTrain Eternal Optimist

If it was a company like Amazon keeping track or a grocery store rewards program I wouldn't care, because their goal is to sell me stuff I (hopefully) want/need. But this is a "church" they are not keeping tabs on me to help my spiritual wellbeing, they are simply doing it for the sole purpose if increasing the amount of money the can get out of me, that money doesn't benefit me or any program that really truly helps others (feeding the hungry for example).

While the thought of filing all of that gives me hives (I HATE filing THAT much lol) I AM glad they are stuck in the '50's in this case, at least it slows down the spreading/sharing of information.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  17. Clay Pigeon

Freight trains are still running on Venus Mimsey.

Of course I have no evidence and could be characterized as "talking like a man with a paper asshole" for saying so but I believe I have decyphered Ron's off the cuff comment about nearly getting hit by a freight train on Venus. It was "guy talk". Venus/Aphrodite/Ishtar Goddess of love and Mary Sue the miffed mate/freight train

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  18. Clay Pigeon

But then you have to wonder if there is method to the madness. There's loads of busy work. This allows orgs to always absorb more staff and never have anyone sitting around on their hands. There's a lot of truth in that old saw "The devil finds work for idle hands to do. And this way you aren't losing anything when those who join for 2 to 10 ten weeks quietly slip away. This stuff never was for everyone but could be for anyone so you take on thirty new staff every couple months and if most of them disappear you're happy with two or three who complete a 2 1/2 year contract

19. Mimsey Borogrove

I doubt that. From the 60's into the 80's scientology was expanding. I think Hubbard saw a beautiful future with waves of cash flowing in. I imagine he also saw his life's work achieving fruition. I think what started out as a con, he ended up believing in and his ego was such that he couldn't see the enormous flaws in his technology. So he organized his policies for org management, by cribbing and taking whatever ideas he felt would make the orgs expand. But he was a jealous god, and couldn't have others succeeding better than he. Prime example is the franchises - they were wildly successful by pruning off some of his irksome policies. They were down in the trenches working hand in had getting PC's through life repairs etc. and his orgs weren't doing as well.

So he and Miscavage ( who likely gave him that impression of the franchises) decimated them. I wonder if they mistakenly had the idea all that public would leave the franchises and flood the orgs. Whatever the reason for it, it was a disaster on many levels. Then as people began to jump ship, going for the Advanced Ability Center etc. the orgs began to slide into oblivion. The whole anonymous protests and the unstopability of the internet was the kiss of death. Combine that with ruthless ethics and massive declares - you have a staff that does exactly what you mention - busywork. Why? They don't really deliver bridge progress - they are a dog and pony show for the whales that dono the millions.

One thing that is really curious, is the many duplicate networks. In the beginning World Wide ran the show, but in the SO he added the FOLO network, the FBO network, the product/org officer system, the LRH com network, the CMO, the Watchdog committee. the RTC (or was that Misacavage's invention?) and several more whose names escape me. There is a policy that talks about tech/admin ratio and I recall finding an executive directive that listed the tech / admin in pac base and it was waaay off what he said was ideal in his policy letters. The sea org had evolved into this admin top heavy morass that was incapable of supporting itself on it's own tech delivery. I'll bet that was the genus of the 5% monthly price increases. Instead of transferring more staff into the delivery part of the org, and fix the unbalanced tech / admin ratio, they just raised the rates.

Mimsey

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  20. Clay Pigeon

"An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications"

Robert Heinlein