What's new

Some changes (hopefully improvements) to the board

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
A couple of things...

- PMs.

When you receive a new PM you'll see a flashing envelope next to the box where you would normally go to click to read your PMs. I think this is much nicer than an intrusive popup box that I've been using. You can of course keep the popup box if you want but the envelope is big enough to be noticed.

When you go to read your PMs you'll see a change too. Now the first 100 or so characters of the PM can be seen so you know which PM you are looking for (helpful when you talk to the same person a lot).

- Navigation Bar.

You'll see a new drop down box called "My Posts". This lets you see your last 500 posts in date order with one click. Previously this had to be done through your profile and was very annoying. You can also click on "my threads" from the drop down box and see the last 500 threads you started.

Let me know if anyone has a problem with these modifications.

Cheers,

Emma

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Addition:

I've also added a "New thread" button next to the thread "Reply" button.

Previously you had to back right out of the thread to start a new thread in the same section. Now you don't!! :D

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Addition 3:

I've also added the function to quote a post in a PM.

First option:
To quote a post in a PM to anyone, click on the
pmquote.gif
(new button next to the report a post button) in the same thread header bar that gives you the post time & date. This will quote the post but leave the PM recipient blank.

Second option:
To quote a post in a PM to the person who made the post, click on the users name and a drop down box will appear. A new option in that drop down box will be the option "Quote this post in a PM to XXXX" XXXX being the original posters name.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I've also added the function to quote a post in a PM.

First option:
To quote a post in a PM to anyone, click on the
pmquote.gif
(new button next to the report a post button) in the same thread header bar that gives you the post time & date. This will quote the post but leave the PM recipient blank.

Second option:
To quote a post in a PM to the person who made the post, click on the users name and a drop down box will appear. A new option in that drop down box will be the option "Quote this post in a PM to XXXX" XXXX being the original posters name.

Walking in, hands on hips, looking around...

Nice.

I like what you've done to the place.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hey Look!

There's a "My Posts" button at the top next to "New Posts"!

Now, if I get bored with the everyone else's New Posts, I can just read My Posts over and over!

Thanks!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Addition 4:

This one is just for you Alanzo!!

If you have STARTED a thread, you can now see who has read your thread and what time & date they last read it.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see. :D

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This one is just for you Alanzo!!

If you have STARTED a thread, you can now see who has read your thread and what time & date they last read it.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see. :D

Oh this is excellent!

It means that I can start a thread and attack someone viciously. Then, I can watch when they last read my vicious attack and clicked off in disgust. Then I can plaster the date and time they read it in the next post and call them a "low-confront coward", and a "run-away scaredy-cat", etc.!

Oh this is great!

Thanks! Just for me!!

Wait.

Can other people use this, too?