Sorry about the nonsense

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Voltaire's Child, Dec 24, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mojo

Mojo Silver Meritorious Patron

You are indeed quite the character Fluffy. Which statement I offer in a good/peaceful/non-confrontational way. Lol.

I can attest that despite our previous internet entanglements, ever since we privately emailed one another, you have been quite civil to me. Of course the fact I haven't posted but one or two posts here since then might have had something to do with that. But I'm takin the high road here and assuming that in spite of our past differences of perceptions and opinions we are both mature enough to be decent with each other. Which I very much appreciate.

The point of my writing this post is this: Perhaps Alanzo has a point that is good for all of us to consider? Being this (he wrote): "Can you see yourself as others see you?". To which the answer for us all is either yes, or no, or maybe, or some combination inbetween (as you say, it depends).

For me the answer (honestly realized) by any individual is a sort of book mark of where that individual is in terms of their spiritual development. Show me a person that is easily or consistently upsettable by the mere speech of another (regardless of how cruel, deceptive or offensive that speech is) and I'll show you a person that is at some level sleeping, spiritually. Not to mention my showing you a projection of myself (appearing as 'them').

This you taught me. Or I should say I learned via my interactions with you on the internet. On numerous occassions I went to bed wounded by your words. I felt that you hated me and you wanted others to hate me too. You ridiculed me and discounted me and generally diminished me by constantly implying that my words were insincere or insignificant or unworthy of being received by others because I had offended you by using numerous and various nicks on various message boards over the previous 7 years or so. You seemingly turned my ability to 'see' both sides and to 'be' both sides into an in-ability to be honest and genuine. And you did so in what I felt was a vicious manner.

So be it. As I said above I learned from our exchanges. Specifically I learned how to see myself as you were seeing me. And to experience myself as being insincere, insignificant and unworthy of being received by others. Which experience of seeing myself that way was a real eye opener. Did I mention it cut to the bone? (lol) well it did. But sometimes a good carving is just what is needed (in spirit).

The saving grace for me was what I believe Alanzo was/is offering you. Which is a realization (consequential to the pain of the truth) that in the overall scheme of things the opinions, beliefs, certainties, words and speech of others, in regard to you, are inconsequential to the truth of who you are.

And as Alan said (or hinted) engaging in a 'personal defense' is an invitation better suited for those inclined for lesser games than the game of a Thetans Awakening. Lol. Ok, with apologies to Alan (damn, now I'll probably get it from him!).

Lastly, 20 years ago a spiritual mentor of mine asked me what I would be like in 20 years from then. I said I didn't know. He said, well make something up and go for it. His point being I could always improve (so long as I had the ability to postulate such improvement).

Alas I failed him, but he still likes me anyway.

Lar

2. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Mojo,

I acted toward you the way you acted toward me. Better, actually.

I don't care how many nicks a person uses. It's what they do with them that causes me to have an opinion about those posts.

We've discussed this in PM. The subject is now closed. I'm putting you back in my killfile which also means you cannot PM me.

This is my last post on this thread as it's been hijacked enough by those with personal grievances.

For those wishing to continue on with that, then my response to you is "See previous post(s). Thanks, C".

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

Well, that....

And the fact that criticizing the Church and the actions taken against one while one was being exploited for one's spiritual vulnerabilities, as opposed to being criticized for one's opinions on a message board are two very different things. Yet Fluffy is always giving them equivalence.

They're not.

One is a game where one EXPECTS to be challenged, criticized, even insulted - and the other is a corruption of the stated intent of the activity.

People criticizing you on a message board, Fluffy, even calling you names and being horrible to you, just CAN NOT be considered as important as you make it out to be.

Like I've said repeatedly, it's like complaining that you got tackled while playing football.

So while you never intended this thread to be about all the harm you have received by people criticizing you on a message board, it has become once again, all about that.

What the hell are you doing on so many message boards if you don't like being criticized for your views, and your job, and your style of dress, your husband's proclivities and even the cat food you give your cats?

You love it, Fluffy.

So don't be such a wuss about it.

You aren't fooling anyone.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  4. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Mojo - I'm curious - have you used various nicks? :)

5. Mojo

Mojo Silver Meritorious Patron

Lol!

I think such a profoundly deep question is worthy of a thread all it's own entitled something like: The 'tech' of (Conscious) imaginary Identities Subtitled: Everything you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask about pretending to be something or someone you're not.

After all, a persons given name at birth is a mere nick that's been afforded the luxury of the 'status' (Hi Alanzo) of being 'real'. Lol!

In fact, truth be known, the word 'human being' is a mere nick for a Thetan/Spiritual Being. Not to be taken too awfully seriously as being something in and of itself. Remember, the meaning of a thing preceeds the expression of it, thus nicks are mere wanna-be's to begin with. So to speak.

Of course as Loveroftruth0777 I might have said: What you say is true but there is much more to it than that...

as Augustus: Certainly you are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean you are right...

as Silicon Salley: Forget Nicks look at these tits, got em by postulating em (thanks to scientology)...That's right, postulation and $2,500.00 bucks baby. Thanks Ron.

as Johnathan Livingston: I tend to exist above nicks...tsk tsk mere mortals...Cast off the human shackles that blind your spiritual eyes!

as Herc: Look, I'm gonna tell you this one time and one time only, if you get it great, if not, that's not my problem...nicks are for dicks.

as Laughinglion: Lol.

as Sir Charles Rothenbuck : Here's the correct data on that: A nick is a valence the Thetan employs to accomodate the creation of an intention in the MEST world. Ron was very clear about that.

and lastly as Mojo: Who me? Nah, I don't use nicks. I'm the man.

Sincerely, (kind of),
    Lar