Suppressed Memories

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Sharone Stainforth, Jun 15, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Don't forget to pop in and update us.
    You've done so well, wishing you peace and blessings. :rose:

2. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

This thread is one of the first I read, after joining esmb. Thank you for sharing it. Best wishes to you Sharone.

:bighug:

3. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

You'll be back Sharone :)

But, on your own terms in your own time.

Been a pleasure knowing you

Zinj

4. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Sorry to have missed her

Again, I am late to the tellling, and sorry to have missed Sharone. I never get used to hearing these stories - they shock and disturb me (-like when I first read "Lakota Woman" - that woman is approx my age, and she grew up close to where I did, but she in poverty, me in middle class America - I didn't even know existances like hers existed). This is not the life I led as a child - and the differences in my life and the tales I have heard - is very vast, like the Grand Canyon. How could this have happened?

And yet it did. It has to stop. Where is the law? Where is the Gov't?
    My God . . . the abuses are horrific. How could this have happened. How could this be HAPPENING?

But it did - and is - over and over and over. My God My God My God.

Bless you all - Gees, I don't know what else to say - - - I am sorry, so sorry -for what you have been through - (and now I am crying).

5. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

You haven't missed her Lurker 5, I am still here, where else would I be?

I'm tempted to say 'don't cry', but actually sometimes it is good to let all those emotions out. Emotions are what makes us human, it is not natural to hold them in.

Just don't be like me, sometimes they get the better of me, not often but on occasion, I'm like:

:spacecraft::angry::grouch::nervous::pcpunch::hmmph::hissyfit::catfight::puke2::ship::target::depressed::depressed::depressed::argue::catfight::hissyfit::confused2::confused2::confused2: then I'm like:treadmill::treadmill::morecoffee::morecoffee::blah::blah::blah::nervous::confused2::eyeroll::ohmy::laugh::why::headspin::trash::wtf::bullshit::aliengreeting::protest::protest::protest::protest::guyfawkes::blonde::laugh::laugh::dieslaughing::eyeroll::eyeroll::buzzin::hysterical::grouphug::rock::D:happydance:

And sometimes in between I'm :bigcry:and also there are times when I am very :touched: and then I usually want to :hug: and this is the whole part and parcel of life and I'm sure there will be many more emotions before we are through.

:hug:

6. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome back Sharone

:bighug:

7. Sharone Stainforth

Thank You Skollie.

:kiss:

8. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Wow, Sharone, lots of emotions - GOOD ! :hug: Healing is a life long process. I am glad you are still here :) Glad to have met you :thumbsup:

9. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Bump for new readers.

10. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Yeah.

11. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Sharone,

If you haven't already, you may want to look up the research done by Richard McNally, PHD (Harvard University) on this topic of "Suppressed Memories" and "False Memory Syndrome".

12. Sharone Stainforth

Programmer guy said;

I am not sure what you are saying here Programmer Guy.

I have googled Suppressed Memories and False Memory Syndrome Richard McNally - it would appear my stats are up.

On the subject of False Memory Syndrome, I have looked at this subject before.I cannot speak for every child, only myself as a child. There are certain things I have left out of my story so far, as I wondered myself if my mind was playing tricks on me.

As to whether or not one remembers only too well or one blocks out trauma, If I personally had not gone out of my way to block out what happened to me as a child, I would not be here now telling what happened, and I don't just mean here on this message board.

There is much I could say, about my teen years and trying desperately to keep a hold on life, and much of the time not really wanting to, but right now I don't want to. I have written about some of that time on exscientologykids.com called "Growing up without a family" due to being forced to have no contact with my Father.

http://www.exscientologykids.com/eskforums/viewtopic.php?t=694

It is interesting to note that Hana Eltringham Whitfield is classed as a False wittness here:

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/

along with our very own Emma and a whole host of other people who have spoken out about the abuses and the big con called Scientology.

If my memories are false, then it is because L. Ron Hubbard implanted them there. In fact L. Ron Hubbard caused me to Suppress my Memories because some of them are so painful, I don't want to remember. Yet, how can I ever forget?

13. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Sharone,

I only meant that info for general study. I didn't necessarily mean that this would apply to your situation/past.

BTW, the False Memory researchers have been in a shit storm with the true child (and sexual abuse) researchers/councellors. IMO, this shit storm shouldn't be happening because either one can and does happen. (I suspect that this may be due to vested interests and careers. i.e. more political than practical and scientific.)

Regards

14. Sharone Stainforth

In case anyone is interested, I wanted to say my Dad is getting better every day.

Thank you for the prayers.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  15. Sharone Stainforth

[​IMG]
    This photo taken on the Apollo New year 1968/1969. When I first saw this, I got the shock of my life. It is one thing to remember things from your childhood, it is quite another to see yourself in black and white. What to me was extremely shocking,even though I knew this, I saw this photo and thought "my god, this looks like the Hitler youth".

How scary is that?

16. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Wow, you're right! :omg:
    Glad your dad is getting better too! :thumbsup:

17. Sharone Stainforth

Thank you Free to Shine, hes' still a way to go, but improving all the time.

It is an :omg: picture, isn't it?

18. Sharone Stainforth

A friend of mine saw this picture and said "Do you think, you could have been singing christmas carols?"

My reply was "When did you last sing christmas carols whilst saluting?" Saluting to the Commadore, LRH, right there in front of us, smiling, that twisted smile.

Happy New Year!

Bastard!

I would like to thank LRH for not only screwing up my life but that of my friends also, what a legacy, what a humaniterean he was. Hip, hip, hooray!

19. Markus

Markus Silver Meritorious Patron

Are you the blond girl....

...in the middle Sharone?

First of all - it is great that your father is doing better.

Yes you are right -
    It is a very strange picture! I mean there is a very crazy - how do you say it in English?- flow(?) coming from it!

like from the pictures in this video about the "Bund Deutscher M├Ądels".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4iy8xZE9-M

Thank god that Hubbard was not able to brainwash as many people as Hitler.

By the way - Did Hana get in contact with you?

Love and best wishes to your dad too.

Markus

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  20. Sharone Stainforth

Hello Markus,

Yes, that is me, the blonde girl in the middle. I remember very little about this photo being taken except it was another one of his shows put on to entertain himself. To prove how loyal we all were, to him.

It is a very strange photo in many ways, and like most things in scientology if you were not there, then you could not imagine what it was like.

It is good that he did not have the power that Hitler had, but it was not for lack of trying, if he had had his way, the end goal was to own the earth and the galaxies beyond, the entire universe.

Thank you for the video, it is interesting and even more food for thought.

Thank you for asking, my Dad is doing ok.

Take care,
    Sharone