What's new

Suppressive Supper: I Ate Dinner At The Scientology Celebrity Center

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Funny review - it's great that mainstream media do this now. The food looks awful.
Suppressive Supper: I Ate Dinner At The Scientology Celebrity Center

Never in my half-decade career as a food writer have I experienced such a dramatic build up to dinner. I arrived at the Scientology Celebrity Center, an ominous castle-like structure at the base of the Hollywood Hills, at 7pm. I parked my scratched 2005 Ford Escape in the lot right between the polished Mercedes and BMWs then bee lined for the building. I made sure not to allow myself a single moment to actually consider what I was getting myself into—but my reactive mind was begging me to run.

http://www.foodandwine.com/fwx/scientology-dinner?xid=soc_socialflow_facebook_fwx

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Those fries made me crack up laughing. And what was that on the pasta? Melted yellow crayons??

Cheez whiz. Possibly from Opus's shorts.

873aa7a05dc2012ee3bf00163e41dd5b

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I laughed reading this review.

Anyone may think ihe's making it appear worst as it is...(a bit of paranoia..for example people staring at him...)
But we know it is true :biggrin:

When they said Candy's name..she freaked out..but we know they are trained to pick up all infos they can grab in order to provide such a 'thoughtful and friendly'" service...But they only succeed to freak out people..
It looks like a gimmick restaurant spying on people :roflmao:

It is surprising they serve that kind of junk ..I don't even make myself such bad looking pasta and sauce...The steak look like it has been beaten and over cooked ..
as tender & delicious as a boot sole..:ohmy:

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is surprising they serve that kind of junk ..I don't even make myself such bad looking pasta and sauce...The steak look like it has been beaten and over cooked ..
as tender & deliciousas a boot sole..:ohmy:
Hey, hey, hey.... this is not "junk", this is delicious food. I bring you at least 200 "rice & beans"-Sea Orgers who will confirm this.

Veda

Sponsor
:itstrue:Don't laugh! It's more true than many realize. :)

-snip-

-snip-

This, along with one other location in Los Angeles, and a location in Washington DC, were raided by the FBI in 1977.
fifield_manor_-_site_of_fbi_raid_on_scientology.png

As with "Gold" - Scientology's secret international operations base at Hemet in the desert of Southern California - which was later given the cover name and identity of Golden Era Studios - Scientology's Celebrity Center has always been a cover for a variety of nasty activities. This, despite a dedicated, and oblivious, staff of rank-and-filers, and naïve public, many of whom have spent years there providing, or receiving, "services."

Eight years after the 1977 raids, when I and some others were protesting outside the Celebrity Center on a hot 4th of July, I observed and encountered various shady and thuggish characters entering and leaving. These characters were definitely not "celebrities" (or would be "celebrities") and were definitely not rank-and-filer staff. No, these were an unsavory mix of Intel people and Private Investigators who had their own insular world inside the walls of "Celebrity Center."

I've no doubt that this sort of thing continues to this day.

JustSheila

Crusader
<snip>

LOL!

'It looks like a gimmick restaurant spying on people' :laugh: :hysterical:

Yeh, it sure does! Get that full creepy, crawly Adams Family culty feeling as you eat unknown, unsavory things only vaguely resembling dinner! :laugh:

images

9k=

9k=

images

:laugh: :laugh: :hysterical:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I laughed reading this review.

Anyone may think ihe's making it appear worst as it is...(a bit of paranoia..for example people staring at him...)
But we know it is true :biggrin:

When they said Candy's name..she freaked out..but we know they are trained to pick up all infos they can grab in order to provide such a 'thoughtful and friendly'" service...But they only succeed to freak out people..

images

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
:itstrue:Don't laugh! It's more true than many realize. :)

This, along with one other location in Los Angeles, and a location in Washington DC, were raided by the FBI in 1977.

As with "Gold" - Scientology's secret international operations base at Hemet in the desert of Southern California - which was later given the cover name and identity of Golden Era Studios - Scientology's Celebrity Center has always been a cover for a variety of nasty activities. This, despite a dedicated, and oblivious, staff of rank-and-filers, and naïve public, many of whom have spent years there providing, or receiving, "services."

Eight years after the 1977 raids, when I and some others were protesting outside the Celebrity Center on a hot 4th of July, I observed and encountered various shady and thuggish characters entering and leaving. These characters were definitely not "celebrities" (or would be "celebrities") and were definitely not rank-and-filer staff. No, these were an unsavory mix of Intel people and Private Investigators who had their own insular world inside the walls of "Celebrity Center."

I've no doubt that this sort of thing continues to this day.

At one time, the old GO occupied the entire top floor of the Manor. May have been the 7th floor ? Only GO had access & thought they were very isolated.

No idea how long they stayed up there, but, they were damn sure once there.

<><><><>

And having eaten several times at the restaurant in the Manor I can honestly say I vastly prefer McDonalds.

It most often looked abandoned & there was never more than a couple people at another table when I was there at lunch or dinner - & over a period of several years.

It was not a happening place.

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
They almost got me to go there once:

castle-frankenstein.gif

But the headwaiter spooked me:

5618339646_7798dabe5f.jpg

As you can see, Davey hasn't changed his hairstyle much.:)