What's new

Sydney Org Makes the money for its Ideal Org!

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
I was informed today by a supposedly good source (Someone still on lines at Syd Org) that Sydney Org has raised the needed 10 million for the Ideal Org....Anyone else heard this??? I Just thought I'd see if anyone else knew this or is this person taking the piss & playing me ......Would love to know if anyone else has heard this........

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I doubt that they "raised it". Maybe Uplines returned some of the money they'd previously ripped off? Oversight is a bitch. :coolwink:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Right, I haven't heard anything about it yet and it may just be a shore story to settle the natives.
If it's true it'll be all over the Public lines soon enough. :drama:

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
In my cynical frame of mind, I'm thinking that the International church has either sent $10M to the Sydney church (which might well be in danger of folding entirely) to prop it up, or Sydney is just saying they have $10M, to counter the rumours that the Australian CoS is in deep do-do and might go broke. It smacks of a PR line to me. Who has $10M, or even a fraction of that, to give away these days? And if you did, there are a thousand other good causes to give it to before you gave it to the $cns.

Let's parse this. $10M is either one person with $10M spare, or 10 with $1M spare, or 100 with $100,000 spare, or 1,000 with $10,000 spare, or 10,000 with $1,000 spare. I doubt there are that many cashed up $cns in Sydney.

Miss Pert

I was informed today by a supposedly good source (Someone still on lines at Syd Org) that Sydney Org has raised the needed 10 million for the Ideal Org....Anyone else heard this??? I Just thought I'd see if anyone else knew this or is this person taking the piss & playing me ......Would love to know if anyone else has heard this........

I heard something along those lines too SF.

CSW
To: Anyone above me who could RPF me.
Anyone who is between me and the asthmatic midget who can stop the midget finding out what's going on in OZ.

Sit: Jan Eastgate has to show up in person or via video for a MAJOR FUCKING HILL 10 PR FLAP. Think: Perverting the course of justice / cover ups / sexual abuse of a child / courtroom / lawyers / witnesses / evidence / television.
MY STATS ARE GOING TO PUT ME INTO THE RPF FOR SO LONG I MAY AS WELL JUST GO TO JAIL WITH JAN!! AT LEAST I"LL GET BETTER FOOD AND SLEEP THERE AND WILL BE OUT EARLY ENOUGH TO SALVAGE SOME OF MY LIFE!!!

Solution. GET MY STATS UP...or at least as high as danger! by matching the bad pr with some good pr stats. GET THE MONEY FOR SYD ORG NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!
Distract the public with fanfare about how we now have all the money.
Go through PC files and find someoone to blackmail into handing over the mils needed.

This is OK>

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
It sounds to me like they HAD to announce something like this to distract the Sydney public from observing the actual increasing train-wreck that is Scientology Sydney - Jan Eastgate's next court appearance, Melbourne Idle Morgue not "booming" visibly, Sydney building depressingly empty and no work being done on it, Sydanons STILL outside the AO and the Cl. V org every month, protest at CLO, staff and public and SO members going "to the Dark Side," etc etc etc.

I'm with Petey C on this - I think it's total BS and Int (aka Slappy McSavage) has ordered that they:
a) lie that they have the money
b) get the money from somewhere anywhere &
c) hope the sheeples don't ask any hard questions but just suck up the "good news" and keep giving up their hard-earned.

I almost pity them - except for the fact that they're treacherous scumbags who'd sell their grandmother just to survive another Thursday 2pm. :puke:

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors

Another thought, Many have "Pledged" however it still needs to come in, & I remember many pledges that fell through cause a lot of public just didn't have the money & felt so under pressure at a fundraiser they just agreed, even though they had nothing to back it up with....ya know the story the good ol "Postulate the money" blah blah blah!!!!! I am still interested to hear if anyone else gets any more news on this.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
^^ That sounds familiar, because they had been told that there was $500,000 to donate and at a later date told there was 1 million to go. So let's see where this goes.

Feral

Rogue male
I think that the bulk of the $10m had already been raised, I remember that a few months back they were saying that they just needed to raise another $1.6m.

See this http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-Org-situation&p=574369&viewfull=1#post574369

From memory, I think the earlier posts on the thread have some actual (but not necessarily factual) Fundraising figures.

Yeah, I thought the target was around $12 mill.

BTW, what do you think it would cost to renovate that building? Seriously? Anyone?

Sindy

Crusader

BTW, what do you think it would cost to renovate that building? Seriously? Anyone?

Good point. A lot of "Ideal" Orgs have been purchased and then sit and rot as there is no more money left to squeeze from the parishioners to get the place renovated.

This causes flaps a plenty as buildings getting vandalized, start to deteriorate, promises with cities get broken, etc.

In Chicago, the renovation figure was almost twice the amount as the cost of the building. WTF? Do these people think money just materializes out of thin air? It boggles the mind. :duh:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Right, I haven't heard anything about it yet and it may just be a shore story to settle the natives.
If it's true it'll be all over the Public lines soon enough. :drama:
It hit Public lines! There was apparently an exciting party to celebrate achieving that particular target. The Millions raised apparently gets them a *Start* on the renos.

I heard that the exciting new target is to raise a further $3.75m for the "next stage". Gawd, you gotta love a scam where the "excitement" never ends!

As regards the actual cost of renovating that Building, it'd be done and dusted half a dozen times over by now except for the fact that, when it comes to Ideal Orgs, it's always gonna cost the suckers "everything they've got to give (and then some)."

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:puke:

Yet these folks WANT to believe this is going to Save the Planet.:omg:

I am soooo glad I'm not part of Planet Scilontology any more.:yes:

Outethicsofficer

I hope the dumb bastards actually get this done then they can all of them sit around in delusional glory and point to the flow of public into the joint, no one else can see these public of course because really they don't exist other than in the minds of the severely deluded.

Go Sydney Go!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

James:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hope the dumb bastards actually get this done then they can all of them sit around in delusional glory and point to the flow of public into the joint, no one else can see these public of course because really they don't exist other than in the minds of the severely deluded.

Go Sydney Go!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

James:
I wonder how long it will take before they will realise that a new building is not going to improve the situation. I do hope they get in done soon, so we can meet in a nice park and protest straight in front of it and in the middle of the city.

Also, I hope Sydney protesters have some satisfaction in seeing this. We have been hitting the ideal org button very hard and they have been really getting desperate. It could be that money has gone downlines. If so, this is serious progress.

Focussing on buildings is out ethics. Hubbard said that. Money going downlines is out ethics. Hey, Scientology isn't out ethics. Couldn't be.