What's new

Sympathy for Rex Fowler OTVII

I feel bad for Rex Fowler OTVII.

Just when he obtains immortality, he's going to get sentenced to life in prison.

The Anabaptist Jacques

(ps. Just in case anyone was wondering, I’m recuperating, so I probably won’t be posting much of anything for a while.)

Free2Dream

Patron with Honors
Something tells me he won't get a death sentence. I don't know why, it's just a feeling I have. He'll get life in prison more than likely. Let's see Jan try to use her incredible powers of intention and Tone 40 to get him out of that.

There's a part of me that feels sympathy towards Rex. What a horribly confusing time this must be for him. He threw all this time and money into the Co$, only to have it backfire into prison time.

The other bitchy part of me says screw him. He was a chicken shit for killing Tom, then trying to off himself instead of dealing with the situation in an honest and forthright manner.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I feel sympathy for all concerned *except* the Cultic CofS bastards that drove him to this insanity.
The real cause of this tragedy needs to be exposed for what it is.

byte301

Crusader
I feel sympathy for all concerned *except* the Cultic CofS bastards that drove him to this insanity.

I agree. I feel the sorriest for those 4 kids who are going to grow up without a father. And their mother.:no:

practice

Patron with Honors
For a second, I thought the thread title was a reference to "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance".

Unfortunately, I can find no sympathy for him. I guess I don't belong in this thread. [Also, is it just me, or are the names too fitting? Rex Fouler kills the unsuspecting wog Sciencio, screws up his own suicide...]

Wouldn't it be interesting, though, if he ended up with total amnesia? I bet that would be his ideal scene.

Feral

Rogue male
For a second, I thought the thread title was a reference to "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance".

Unfortunately, I can find no sympathy for him. I guess I don't belong in this thread. [Also, is it just me, or are the names too fitting? Rex Fouler kills the unsuspecting wog Sciencio, screws up his own suicide...]

Wouldn't it be interesting, though, if he ended up with total amnesia? I bet that would be his ideal scene.

He might get amnesia but the good news is that OTVIII handles that!

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Exactly.

I believe that the info on cult regging tactics have already been sent to the relevant law-enforcement people in Denver - they were firing the 'poons very early on this matter over on wwp and more power to them.:yes:

Cultic bastards need to be made accountable for their part in this crime - and publicly so.:angry:

It makes sense to those "wogs" who've had little to do with this scamcult when it's explained why this Fowler guy would go off the deep end like he did.

OSA, you ain't gonna be able to cover up this steaming pile of catshit - it's gonna eat you alive.

Just an (un)friendly warning for OSAspawn..

Free2Dream

Patron with Honors
Just in case anyone didn't notice, I meant what I wrote as a joke.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Ah, crap. I knew I should've turned on the sarcasm detector! It's hard enough for me to get sarcasm IRL, let alone online.

Oh, well. I meant every word I said. Well, there was a slight note of sarcasm in what I said about Jan. She's just so arrogant and self-righteous that she begs to have people make fun of her!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I feel bad for Rex Fowler OTVII.

Just when he obtains immortality, he's going to get sentenced to life in prison.

The Anabaptist Jacques

(ps. Just in case anyone was wondering, I’m recuperating, so I probably won’t be posting much of anything for a while.)

I was wondering!

Get well TAJ ... and then get back here to us please.

:yes:

BTW ... I know it's tragic and I know it isn't funny but ... over at WWP they are calling Fowler's footbullet ... a 'chinbullet' ...

As you would.

:unsure:

:giggle:

RebtGenius

Patron with Honors
Empathic recognition

I think many can feel some measure of empathy for Rex. He was obviously a desperate man. It appears he had fallen quite far from his once esteemed position as president of a successful business, revered political activist, volunteer minister, and 30+ year OT7.

I watched some footage of him giving a speech on the long-standing battle between Austrian and Keynesian economics. Furthermore, I read some of his artistic reviews on Amazon.com. He exuded a secular and savvy tone that was consistent with somebody who was well-read and intellectually sophisticated. His meltdown seems almost inexplicable.

However, I imagine he felt like an abject failure. He was probably a mentor to a lot of kids who worked at his business. He planned to officiate the wedding of an attractive young couple that worked for him. Also, I'm sure he was revered as an intellectual by friends, family, co-workers, and cohorts from the Denver Area Citizens for Liberty. He was well-educated, having received degrees in mathematics and economics from two separate colleges (Harvey Mudd College and the University of Southern California).

Ultimately, given his intellectual talents, I want to hold Rex more accountable for his cowardly actions. Yes, he fell prey to rigid ideologies. He thought he found organizing principles that held all of the world's answers (e.g. Scientology, libertarian economics). Rex illustrates the folly of black and white, all-or-nothing, dichotomous thinking. He vested too much faith in formulas for living. He became puffed up and thought he mastered life's games; his convoluted theories and formulas for success had demonstrated their utility for several decades.

However, life is chaotic and there are always unaccounted for contingencies, which any prescription for living will fail to encapsulate. Despite the obvious failings of his rigid belief system, Rex persisted in believing to be true what was false. Or at least he behaved that way. One can't imagine the cognitive dissonance that Rex might have suffered. His life is a testament to the folly of putting faith in rigid belief systems. He killed a man and shot himself in the head rather than admit the failure of his philosophy. Rex would not admit his philosophy lacked integrity. As a fanatic, he believed integrity was standing by his judgments. However, real integrity is making moral decisions. Integrity is not foolishly adhering to convictions, irrespective of whether or not they are right or wrong.

Jeffrey

Quote from Rex:

"Thank you, Mr. Kraus, for this excellent comparison. The reasoning and even terminology of Keynesians is duplicated perfectly. The absurdity of an Austrian stimulus package financed by credit expansion is hilarious. Thank you for this excellent paper.

Published: October 16, 2009 6:26 PM"

minnie

Patron with Honors
I think this will be a short thread. Besides, he might get executed.

Paul

It would not be the first time that Scientology would have been associated with an execution taking place.

"But we offloaded in early 1971 Hubbard’s vehicles from off the ship and we set up a base in Tangier in Morocco and Hubbard also had a villa in Tangier. And the – what was behind this scheme was the idea of selling the e?meter technology to the Moroccan authorities, to the Moroccan military. And indeed we did have a mission to Rabat and were training the Moroccan military in sec checking people within the military that they considered dissidents or security risks and it is my understanding and the historians here can check this out, that as a result of that mission in 1971, that there were 13 Moroccan people executed because of the sec checking program which was initiated from on board the ship. This would be around January 13th or 15th of 1970, 1973."

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/date/1999/12

esmbanon

Patron
It would not be the first time that Scientology would have been associated with an execution taking place.

"But we offloaded in early 1971 Hubbard’s vehicles from off the ship and we set up a base in Tangier in Morocco and Hubbard also had a villa in Tangier. And the – what was behind this scheme was the idea of selling the e?meter technology to the Moroccan authorities, to the Moroccan military. And indeed we did have a mission to Rabat and were training the Moroccan military in sec checking people within the military that they considered dissidents or security risks and it is my understanding and the historians here can check this out, that as a result of that mission in 1971, that there were 13 Moroccan people executed because of the sec checking program which was initiated from on board the ship. This would be around January 13th or 15th of 1970, 1973."

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/date/1999/12

this is relevent to my interests.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
fuck rex, i hope his face hurts.tell us what is in that briefcase you scumbag.

1. rex is fucked
2. his face does hurt.
3. in the briefcase are white sheets of paper that have Rex's handwriting on them. They say the same thing over and over and over....

Start of Session.
I located a BT
I asked it 'what are you'?
The BT told me the right answer and we had a floating needle.
The BT blew and is free.
Now I am blown away.
End of Session.​
I am pretty sure the police detectives will figure out from this evidence that Rex's recent Solo 9mm Session was non-standard--because he wasn't blown away at the end session.

Last edited:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology has got to be one of the most sadistic fucking things you could imagine. They string people along, luring them to some made up magical place step by step continully asking for additional sacrifices at each step. But in reality they are only tricking a person into contributing to his own destruction. And then you wake up and realize you've been had and possibly caused yourself irreparable damage. All I can say to the guy is wrong target.