What's new

Telling Family and Friends

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
I told my mom that I had left the CoS. I got a raised eyebrow because I told her why. One part was the Xenu story. She looked at me like I was stupid.

Anybody else get this reaction out of family and friends?

-Steve

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I told my mom that I had left the CoS. I got a raised eyebrow because I told her why. One part was the Xenu story. She looked at me like I was stupid.

Anybody else get this reaction out of family and friends?

-Steve

She looked at you like *you* were stupid ?!?

Bloody hell.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I told my grandparents about two years ago that I was out. Until they were convinced that I was really out, they never said anything. When they found out I as out, oh my goodness, the floodgates of years of frustration, especially towards my mother. They think she is brainwashed. THey don't know what to do, so they just politely tolerate her.

She never visits on holidays, never calls for Thanksgiving (though I think she calls for Christmas). Its like her family doesnt exist.

Being from her side, I know she thinks they understand her dedication to clearing the planet and how her family is second to that.

They dont understand that one bit.

I told them about the funeral thing (before I left, my mother told me not to go to their funeral and just send flowers, because she wanted to go). My grandparents were floored by this. They can't beleive the heartlessness in the way it was stated, and her thinking.

Meanwhile, they pretend its all good, though they totally hate Scientology. They tolerate my mother, but they know she is lost and long gone, and they are sad about that.

As far as me, they have seen me more in the past 2 years than my whole life and they really love that part! They just want their family together!!

barky

Patron with Honors
I never told my family I was out because I never told them I was in (not being SO made that easy). It's a shameful secret I'll carry to my grave ...

tarbaby

Patron with Honors
Being from her side, I know she thinks they understand her dedication to clearing the planet and how her family is second to that. They dont understand that one bit.

How could a normal person understand that kind of fanaticism?

As far as me, they have seen me more in the past 2 years than my whole life and they really love that part! They just want their family together!!

That is a very healthy thing.

Dennis