What's new

TEXAS JUDGE DENIES SCIENTOLOGY’S ‘ANTI-SLAPP’ MOTION IN RATHBUN SUIT

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
So true. So true. Lets collect them from way back from all over and make a scrap book! Remember the "Solution to Inflation"?

You do Volumes 1 through 20 then I might do some too, but no promises.. lol. I will just say, I can't find any policies with "Hard Donation" advice's on them, and I only remember the "hard SELL" packs. :biggrin:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
You do Volumes 1 through 20 then I might do some too, but no promises.. lol. I will just say, I can't find any policies with "Hard Donation" advice's on them, and I only remember the "hard SELL" packs. :biggrin:

I used to pack rat that stuff. A wog girlfriend told me to through it all out. I new I should have saved it for evidence. Perhaps we can subpoena all their passed ability mags.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
The awarding of costs to the plaintiff is incredible! I assume this means that Mosey can continue, and that CO$ doesn't have the option of crushing her with legal fees now. (I may not understand the situation, but it HAS to be good news.) Mosey RULES! I'm jumping over to the Bunker to get the story. What a happy Friday! Judge W. is coming through for justice!

It may be that the costs are just for the anti slapp portion. I'd wait until someone with expertise can confirm.

MissWog

I used to pack rat that stuff. A wog girlfriend told me to through it all out. I new I should have saved it for evidence. Perhaps we can subpoena all their passed ability mags.
They are all online! They are a hoot! Creepy and funny all rolled into one. I thinks Pooks is the keeper? I got the link on WWP.. If anyone wants it.. PM me and I'll dig it up :)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Because of that commercial interest, Waldrip says, the anti-SLAPP is not available to the defendants. And also, he finds that the actions caused Monique “bodily injury,” which under Texas law includes “physical pain, illness, or any impairment of physical condition.”

And ouch — for that last point, Waldrip quoted “then-Chief Justice Wallace Jefferson who wrote for the Court and held, without regards to the merits, that ‘biological injuries or effects [qualified] as bodily injury.’” (Since leaving the state Supreme Court, Wallace Jefferson has become a part of Scientology’s legal team.)

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That is very funny ... Hey Walllace ... I think you may just be on the wrong team!

Wants2Talk

Paging Peter Leterese who bought the rights to Big League Sales and then got sued by the cult for it

http://www.leagle.com/decision/20081820533F3d1287_11691

The book was originally published in 1971 by the Parker Publishing Company1 and duly registered in April 1971 in compliance with the formalities of the Copyright Act of 1909, 35 Stat. 1075, 17 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (1976 ed.). Under the copyright law then in effect, Les Dane was entitled to an initial 28-year term of copyright protection and the right to renew for an additional 28-year term. 17 U.S.C. § 24.

Shortly thereafter, L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Church of Scientology ("the Church") and a prolific writer in his own right, took a shine to Big League Sales and recommended that it be used to train Scientology "registrars," who sell Scientology books and services to Church members. The Hubbard Communications Office disseminated a number of policy letters regarding the teaching of salesmanship techniques and skills from the book, and in 1972 the Church began to create a number of courses for training registrars.

The Church developed materials for use in these courses, including "checksheets" and "drill sheets." A checksheet is a step-by-step list of the actions that a student is required to take to complete a course, such as the completion of reading assignments and the performance of various practical exercises, including sales drills. Students form pairs, or "twins," to perform the sales drills — generally involving some form of roleplay — which are described on drill sheets accompanying the checksheet. While these courses assigned readings from Big League Sales (among other writings), the Church did not make copies of the book itself; students would either borrow or purchase the book for their study.

It is undisputed that Les Dane knew of the Church's use of Big League Sales and participated in such use. Beginning in the mid-1980s, the Church hired Les Dane to travel to Scientology churches in the United States and abroad to deliver seminars to registrars and others on the application of the sales techniques in his book. In these seminars, Les Dane occasionally referred to the sales drills and supervised the practice of those drills.

Defendants in this action are three entities affiliated with the Church: the Church of Scientology International, Inc. ("CSI"), the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises International, Inc. ("WISE"), and the Church of Spiritual Technology ("CST"). CSI has been the mother church of Scientology since 1981.2 Among other duties, CSI creates materials for use in staff training courses. Of these courses, there are two main types which include the
[533 F.3d 1295]
study of Big League Sales; courses typified by the Professional Registration Course and the Organization Executive Course, which were both compiled in 1991. CSI encourages Church staff members to take these courses as part of their training for certain positions in Church organizations.3 The staff members complete the courses at their own pace in course rooms provided by CSI, and their progress is monitored and assisted by a course supervisor. However, the course supervisor does not lecture or add to the substantive material of the course. In exchange for taking one of these courses, each staff member signs a promissory note for the "donation amount of the course." In the event that the staff member subsequently fails to serve out the duration of his staff contract, the promissory note becomes due to the Church organization as "a debt for the services that he took while on staff."
...more

MissWog

We are at 9 pages.. Its 12:50am I'm going to bed so I'm making my guess now that this thread will be at ??pages by the time I wake up.. We still have the late night LA and evening Aussie crowd slowly coming on duty and Europe will be awake 5hrs before me.. Just thought it would be fun to venture a guess..not sure if the weekend will help or hurt... :hmm: Now if Hoaxie gets involved the number could sky rocket! Ahhh shit... I'm gonna go with 29.. 20 more pages in the next 7-8hrs... Have fun y'all! This news got my blood pumping so it's gonna take a while to fall asleep!

:grouphug:

Wants2Talk

We are at 9 pages.. Its 12:50am I'm going to bed so I'm making my guess now that this thread will be at ??pages by the time I wake up.. We still have the late night LA and evening Aussie crowd slowly coming on duty and Europe will be awake 5hrs before me.. Just thought it would be fun to venture a guess..not sure if the weekend will help or hurt... :hmm: Now if Hoaxie gets involved the number could sky rocket! Ahhh shit... I'm gonna go with 29.. 20 more pages in the next 7-8hrs... Have fun y'all! This news got my blood pumping so it's gonna take a while to fall asleep!

:grouphug:

Me too.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

They are all online! They are a hoot! Creepy and funny all rolled into one. I thinks Pooks is the keeper? I got the link on WWP.. If anyone wants it.. PM me and I'll dig it up :)

Not only is it in their promo materials it is bound into the Admin volumes; at least the earlier editions. If it has been edited out in the more recent ones we could do a comparison then set up our own 'Squirrel busters team' to protect the copyright and on-source materials. Our Source protection team could go knocking on the diminutive's door and demand to see his checksheets and send various sex toys to DM's tailors and private jet manufacturers claiming we were doing a documentary for an LRH hired legal team. Do you think the IRS would give us tax exemption too? We could claim George Orwell's 1984 as our scriptures and publish a little anti-slapp booklet.

Just make sure your spouses are not communists or psychs otherwise we are doomed.

On second thought maybe we should wait and see how DM's research in court goes to see if the piloted perjury tek CLEARS things up. :yes:

Last edited:

Wants2Talk

Not only is it in their promo materials it is bound into the Admin volumes; at least the earlier editions. If it has been edited out in the more recent ones we could do a comparison then set up our own 'Squirrel busters team' to protect the copyright and on-source materials. Our Source protection team could go knocking on the diminutive's door and demand to see his checksheets and send various sex toys to DM's tailors and private jet manufacturers claiming we were doing a documentary for an LRH hired legal team. Do you think the IRS would give us tax exemption too? We could claim George Orwell's 1984 as our scriptures and add publish a little anti-slapp booklet.

Just make sure your spouses are not communists or psychs otherwise we are doomed.

On second thought maybe we should wait and see how DM's research in court goes to see if the piloted perjury tek CEARS things up. :yes:

Nice. I hear a bit of our friend H. Hoaxmaster in your words.
Must hit the hay - last mid-term tomorrow.

TheSpectator

Patron with Honors
"The evidence sufficiently establishes that Scientology is primarily in business to sell a good or service"

"Plaintiff is awarded court costs and attorney fees" !

This is HUGE

Yes, the judge is taking the case out of "religion" and putting it into "business". That way Scientology can't hide behind the 1st Amendment.