Thank you to Alanzo

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Lulu Belle, Dec 15, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Q.: Do psychotics deserve freedom of speech?

A: I guess, as much as a phonograph record.

2. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

And I've posted that Dennis should consider talking to Emma as I think he's hurt her. I ventured the thought that he may also be feeling hurt- and that's all the more reason that it might be good if the two of them talked- really talked. Nicely.

I also told him that he and Emma are never ever going to have the same perspective on this. That's just the way it goes. But it would be great if he could talk to her.

3. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I agree, there is no excuse for that kind of bullshit. It is disgusting, uncalled for obviously designed to cause dissent amongst exes. It's a projection! So it makes you wonder what "nefarious influence" has it's hooks in the writer.

I don't know him, and based on those comments I don't really want to. I do know Emma and judging what I have seen here, she has my total support.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  4. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Been there, done that. He twists my words and uses them against me.

As far as I'm concerned he is a dead subject. Can we move on?

5. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Can you hurt reactive machinery?

6. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

I don't visit a.r.s. because I don't like the format, but I read all of Alanzo's story II and really think it was a story worth telling. The inserted documents were a little hard on the eyes, but his general prose was informative without embellishment, and I would like to read about how he actually got out, what the fallout was (if any), and how he rebuilt a new org-free life.

7. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

Yes, Vinaire. The right to free speech means one has the right to be irrational.

You always have the right to be irrational.

The idea that "no one had a right to a bank" was an L Ron Hubbard suppression of rights.

Remember - no one gives out rights. You are born with them.

And no one can take away rights.

Not even L Ron Hubbard.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  8. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

One has the right to self-audit.
    One has the right to be mean.
    One has the right to slander another's reputaion.
    One has the right to be Mr. Bean.

9. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Irrational is just irresponsible. As thetans cannot "die" they fake it through insanity.

I think the Creed was where LRH said "The souls of men have the rights of men."
    So that keeps it within the social interface with which we are surrounded...

10. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

This is an example of Fluffy creating a point that was never made and then arguing against that fake point.

No one EVER said or implied anything like Dennis shouldn't discuss Emma's actions or his thoughts about them.

What I did was argue against Dennis' statements like "Emma doesn't support the freedom of speech" and that she is cultish and controlling, and then his conclusion that that ESMB is not good for ex-cultists. Those points are false, and I showed that they were.

11. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

Thanks, Royal Prince Xenu! (All Hail Him)

I'll be telling that story next. It's bubbling and percolating in me now.

12. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

Right!

And one has the right to whip out their haiku-meter and spray the place with bad poetry any time they goddamn want, too!

13. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

That's correct! :D

14. jodie

jodie Patron with Honors

Hell, yeah.

I always had a view, and it only gets stronger with time - people are people with their own personalities. These personalities generally get scrambled in the cult. But generally, there are people who were nice before, during and after the cult. And there were people who were sadistic SOB's before, during and after the cult. The SOBs cannot be blamed on the cult, they were already like that. The cult is merely a fertile ground for this type of personality to flourish. As is an environment like arse.

Ergo the "Reverend". He reminds me of the character who said "Its Jesus time" in William Gibson's "Johnny Mneumonic" - he comes to "save" you while driving nails into you.

I agree with Emma - lets move on already (Alanzo, I appreciated your posts to arse as well, just wanted you to know that) and get back to what makes this forum so great!

- jodie

15. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Yeah!!!!

:whocares:

16. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

I agree.

17. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I think so, too.

It's almost like an "in vino veritas" thing. meaning, ok, he did what he did while under the influence of (wine, cult, whatever) but it was in him all the time.

Well, to an extent. People do things, as we know, that they might not ordinarily do out of fear or stress.

So maybe another criterion can be--does he/she do that all the time? Do they do it a lot or not?

Is it years after they left the cult or whatever, and they're still acting in that same way or what?