The Aftermath Foundation

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Mar 5, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

The Aftermath Foundation

As scientology prepares to launch SuMP TV, we are launching something we believe will be far more beneficial and hopefully grow to have even greater impact. Scientology and the Aftermath has exposed many abuses commonplace in scientology. Harsh punishment, child and sexual abuse, enforced disconnection from family members and much moreā€¦[.......]

Continue reading...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

This is great news. Something that's been needed for many years!

Check out the board members of this foundation! :happydance:

3. exbritscino

exbritscino Patron with Honors

I can foresee that this Foundation will become VERY widely known. Knowledge of it will spread to the sea org (covertly) and more people will be able to break the chains........
    Well done to all concerned who have set this up. It's an idea that I had a vision of years ago, but never had the resources to implement it.
    Absolutely brilliant..................

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • List
  4. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Glad to see this is happening. :clap:

5. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

6. Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie Patron with Honors

It will give many courage & hope for the future. For those that leave everything & everyone they know in the clutches of the sciobots it will be a life line.

My family was so lucky - I had been out for years but low profile - the rest of the family left about the same time. We did not leave family, a few friends but they are all out now. The jobs were not related so no problems there. No one came hunting anyone down, no ethics, no threats.

This will sting DM but he can not make to much of a fuss or even more people will find out about it.

The materials about it will need to be in several languages due to all the foreign workers.

This is an organization that will do much good. In a way I wish "they" were still calling me so I could tell them about it - oh well!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

7. Type4_PTS

Anyone who gets letters or calls from CoS can inform the staff and Sea Org members about this new foundation. :yes:

8. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

I'd like to see a bunch of Conservatives put together an Aftersocialstudies group

9. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Something that's been needed for ages and no-one who suggested it had the resources (including media access) to do it.

It's just another nick in the Death by One Thousand Cuts that Davey's Navy is suffering.

My thanks to Mike and all those involved.

10. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

11. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

This is really cool!!! :yay: :buzzin: :clap2::woohoo:

Amazon is supporting and paying for this? :holycow: :wow:

DM will have a fit. :hysterical:

12. exbritscino

exbritscino Patron with Honors

I'm in the UK.

Tried going through Amazon on this route. It didn't recognise The Aftermath Foundation in it's list of charities.

Is it because the Foundation is in the USA, and Amazon UK only recognises UK charities?

It worked on Amazon.com but that's not the UK version!!

EDIT

Forget the above!! lol

I've actually used some initiative and looked:

Amazon UK only recognises the charities in the Charities Commission within the United Kingdom........ So The Aftermath Foundation won't be amongst them.................

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  13. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Maybe if you order a book from them, or take an online course from them, they will start calling you again? :coolwink:

14. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

I just ordered from Amazon. The Aftermath Foundation is not in their list of charities, but there is a fill in blank .... you fill in what charity you want it to go to and it worked there for me. :yes:

15. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

:party::party::party::party::party:

16. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

I just ordered again, some things I need. More $$$ for The Aftermath Foundation. :happydance:

This is such a cool program Amazon has set up.

17. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Miss Ellie....You said " In a way I wish "they" were still calling me so I could tell them about it - oh well!" That is where my above post came from.

Then you marked my post with a "Huh?"

I was just responding (tongue in cheek ... I winked at you) to what you said.

18. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

As a former Scientologist I recognize that the organization itself is very (insert pejorative adjective here).
    I also know that within Scientology there are deeply disillusioned Individuals who remain primarily because they cannot envision a happy, meaningful life outside of Scientology. The threat of disconnection, for many, is what anchors them.
    They need to know that assistance is available and that their future life outside of Scientology is not only possible but that it offers the desirable likelihood of being a wonderfully fulfilling and richly satisfying experience.
    For people who have been suppressing and not-ising their misery and disillusionment for years or decades, the knowledge that, should they need it, help awaits them, is doubly meaningful, conceptually, and in actuality.
    The OSA trolls who periodically drop in here should know that they too, can be free of this (insert another pejorative adjective) thing.

19. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

I would like to see billboards in the cities where the Sea Org and Scientology is active......asking the public, when they order from Amazon to please use the smile.amazon.com link to help people to escape the Church of Scientology. by entering (writing in) The Aftermath Foundation in the charity of their choice. I think there are probably a lot of people out there who would do this, because it doesn't cost them anything to take part in this, but they wouldn't know to do it if they are not notified. People driving by a billboard every day on the way to work and home again would see this repeatedly.

Another thing might be to write an article for the local newspaper so that people could read about the Foundation and how they can help with this without it costing them anything. Even though we have the internet now for the news, a lot of people still like to read the newspaper with their coffee in the morning.

And a magazine article in a popular magazine on the local news stand or in line at WalMart or the market would also get the word out.

I don't know how to do these things, but I'm sure there is someone in the anti-scientology movement that has experience with PR that might have the contacts and expertise to make these things happen and get the word out faster. It's a good plug for Amazon as well. Maybe they could help.

Just some ideas.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  20. Type4_PTS