The Bhagwan cult back in the news

Discussion in 'Cults in General' started by MacKenzie, Apr 2, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

2. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't pass along conspiracy theories, so I won't be quoting you, Bruce.

3. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    Binge watching Wild Wild Country on Netflix finally. Simply fascinating.

Breaking news story today: someone at the commune was writing
    handwritten KRs at the time of all the criminal goings on and now
    they've surfaced.

Mystery diary of Rajneesh secrets discovered
    in locked file cabinet from commune

The Oregonian news article

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  4. ILove2Lurk

Hell, yes! :clap: :hysterical:

She's such a good liar and sneaky tactician.

5. ILove2Lurk

I have to give the devil his due, he was a prolific researcher, interesting speaker and good story teller.

Though Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (OSHO) was extremely flawed personally, like many gurus, he owned a personal library of about 70,000 books on spirituality and religion, which he had read during his lifetime.

He spoke his views about all facets of human existence in nearly 6,000 taped discourses, which were later transcribed into books. (Compare to Hubbard's approximately 3,000 taped lectures.) He’s credited with over 650 books.

Rajneesh's books are available in 55 languages and have been on bestseller lists. His legacy, the lectures and books (intellectual properties), are still producing an income stream twenty-five years after his death.

Some of his books are actually quite good, I’ll have to admit. Though like with all spiritual gurus, the books have to be taken with a bit of a grain of salt as far as any “ultimate truth” is concerned. Entertaining though.

The severe crazy and dark side (think Marty caliber) really starts coming home
    to roost in episode five of the documentary though. Wow!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  6. Jim Dandy

Jim Dandy Patron with Honors

I'll forward this to my friends who were in the Rajneesh cult in the 80s. Lol...

I did talk to both of them about this Netflix documentary and briefly about their experiences out there in Oregon. One has seen the documentary and the other has heard about it and plans to watch it soon. The one who saw it said it was quite accurate and he appreciated the approach the film makers took in making it. Thought it was balanced. He was out there in Oregon for about a year and overall still has good memories.

I asked him if he ever met Sheela. He said no not directly but he was in her presence several times and of course heard her speak publicly to the overall group during assemblies. He said that while he was there more and more were becoming less than happy with her because they thought she was trying to make the community more about her.

The other friend, a woman, was there for about 3 months in Oregon and she still has very fond memories of the experience. She especially loved the lake and the food that they grew. Said it was the best food she's ever had. But she also loved most of the people she interacted with. She does not deny now that there were problems, especially with the secret use of drugs by some and the way Sheela and others treated the locals.

One of the characters in the film I found to be most interesting, or one of the most interesting, was the man who ended up serving as the lawyer for Bhagwan and the cult in general. He is obviously very intelligent. Seems to be quite level headed and sane. But to this day he is still a very solid supporter of Bhagwan, or Osho as he came to be known later. It just shows how very intelligent and successful people can get involved in a cult. He was a very successful, bright young lawyer when he joined. And now as an elderly man he is still committed to his Master. And as the film showed he is writing an apologetic book about and for him.

MaSheela? Wow! Obvious signs of a genuine sociopath. Yet today in her elderly years she is helping people even older than herself. I wonder if there's a racket she has set up in doing this? I couldn't really tell in the film. Or is she not a true sociopath after all and has committed herself to selfless service? She certainly has never expressed any remorse or regret for what she did in Oregon though. Yeah, she's a very interesting study.

7. Jim Dandy

You know Phenom....The Moon is actually a hollowed out giant space station where our alien overlords live. Our creators actually. From time to time they send wave patters to Earth with the purpose of controlling our moods and thoughts. And suffice it to say the "UFOs" come from there.

When you share this with your friends and family and they ask you for the source, just tell 'em Jim Dandy told you. They will believe. Oh yes. :blink:

8. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

True ... and she also had a scio like stare that could stop a clock!

I feel for the poor souls she was/is 'looking after' (she apparently bought two nursing homes after she was released from gaol!) ... unfortunately it seems to be one of the biggest rorts of this century where I live (lots of government funding). There seems to have been a silent epidemic of elder abuse occurring right under our noses which is now being exposed.

I wouldn't trust her (or anyone she had employed) with anyone I care for.

:eek:

9. triumph

triumph Patron with Honors

Reminds me of a thread I started on WWP in 2011
    Cult Guru Swami Nithyananda using Scientology to brainwash followers

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/cu...ing-scientology-to-brainwash-followers.94987/

surprised his videos are still up

video title
    Release Your Engrams And Realize Yourself: Nithyananda Morning Message (28 Oct 2010)

Avatar (incarnation) and enlightened master Paramahamsa Nithyananda began today's discourse with research by modern day Rishis, researchers, from the University of California (Los Angeles) - UCLA. They are finding that long term; complicated grief activates neurons in remote centres of the brain, possibly giving memories addiction-like properties. Paramahamsa Nithyananda has experienced people who are so addicted to their pain; he cannot help them walk out of it. This creates a "Mature Pain Body" which can go on expanding and reproducing more and more pain bodies indefinitely.
    This is a very important step. If engrams become like addiction and aren't cleared, extraordinary suffering becomes a lifestyle. The brain starts believing that this is the juice of life. Montreal University researchers in Canada studied the brains of Zen meditators and found that meditation reinforces the central brain region and removes pain. In fact, this central area of the brain thickens.
    Paramahamsa Nithyananda experienced this as well. He reminds us that by unclutching and simply witnessing, we can thicken this part of the brain. This in turn awakens the Kundalini shakti and non-mechanical parts of the brain.
    Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard declared engrams to be the root of all human ills. By removing our engrams we can cure arthritis, asthma, high blood pressure, and the rest of the chronic illnesses plaguing modern day society. Engrams get caught in our bio memory the way nuts get caught in frozen ice cream. They can't be removed unless the ice cream thaws. Same way, deep devotion melts our biomemory and allows the engrams to be removed.
    Paramahamsa Nithyananda again reiterated that his new Cathartic course being planned which will heal the first layer of past from our system, will be offered by his temples and ashrams around the world. This will be a huge service to humanity, and prepare people for tremendous transformation when they attend IA and LBE courses. It will also move humanity into a higher state of consciousness. For more details log on to www.innerawakening.org.

Swami Nithyananda got nailed on fraud charges too..
    https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...court-frame-charges-against-nithyananda-72793
    and a rape trial
    https://www.deccanherald.com/content/586690/sc-refuses-stay-trial-court.html

still has massive legal problems

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ing-of-charges-stage/articleshow/63346950.cms

and Swami Dave says:
    [​IMG]

10. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

I don't know......this guy looks a lot more dangerous than DM.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/wild-...s-from-the-sex-cults-fbi-informant?ref=scroll

11. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Was Hubbard simply telling of others when he wrote the Bolivar policy or did he have a bent for this type of thing? Pink Legs, assassins etc.
    Then there was the 1984? public declare in which Hubbard brazenly instructed SO to use R2-45 and fair game. It is very conceivable to me that similarly to Operation Snow White, that Hubbard did set in motion a plan for revenge of the restrictions on him and his cult members regarding entry into the UK.
    CCHR is also a weapon still being used to clear hubbard of his 1950 naysayers.

I am not confirming anything other than saying hubbard's mind had a lot of vengeful thoughts coming out of it including pushing peanuts around a ship's splintering wooden deck and chain lockers as rehabilitation dormitories.

The hate spewed and incited in his taped lectures, even way back into the 50's, raised my eyebrows many times as I listened to them

KSW#1 it is not some small game it is a deadly serious one......to paraphrase ...

12. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't deny that Hubbard may have harboured vengeful thoughts towards people whom he thought were denying him his rights (he was that sort of person) and yes, it is conceivable that he might have wanted to put those into practice.

But ask yourself two things;

1 / why would that translate into an attack on Airey Neave (someone whom he had no reason to even be aware of), and 2/ where do you think the Sea Org or the GO are going to get the expertise to execute an attack like that? That last reason in particular is why I don't regard the suggestion of Hubbard's involvement in Neave's death as plausible, not least when the organisation which is generally agreed to have done it not only had a motive but also issued a statement to that effect afterwards.

13. ILove2Lurk

. . .
    I finished binge watching Wild Wild Country on Netflix last night. Quite an ending
    to the whole saga. So many parallels to the dynamics and chicanery of the Hubbard
    organizations. I would recommend you watching this one.

I didn't think the documentary went into enough detail about how Rajneeshpuram was
    funded and how the Bhagwan could afford 90 Rolls Royces and million dollar watches.

I found an article which explains a bit and also gives a look at the inner workings and
    criminal activity. The article is based on a 40-page FBI testimony by the mayor of the city.
    He flipped on the cult and gave his testimony in exchange for a lenient prison stay.

Most Shocking Reveals From the Sex Cult’s FBI Informant

A couple thoughts . . . .

Since the whole story made national press and TV coverage throughout 1984-85,
    I wonder if it gave Hubbard any pause seeing a fellow cult leader with financial
    crimes and secrets being circled for the kill by a couple government agencies
    with unlimited budgets. Once the Bhagwan was put in cuffs, he was dragged
    through several prisons around the country for three weeks as sort of a degrading
    perp walk.

Hubbard probably saw this playing out in the news. Would he worry in the back
    of his mind that he was next on the chopping block? The Feds were closing in on him
    at the time too. Did this hurry his decision to scurry to Target II to avoid a similar fate
    to Bhagwan?

The 40-page FBI testimony by one of the inner circle exposed a bunch of sordid details
    about actual crimes and financial dealings. It really revealed a lot of the missing back story.
    My beef with Marty and Mike is that neither of them has "thrown down" and revealed
    everything they know, have seen or heard. This has always been my personal opinion,
    but even more so after reading this testimony document. That said, neither of them
    probably would be well served by unnecessarily incriminating themselves to crimes and
    misdeeds, ruining their reputations any more, or risking raining down a bunch of personal
    liability lawsuits on themselves by telling us the whole story as they know it.

I'm still waiting for someone to flip and do the ultimate reveal. But that's me.

If and when the Feds look into Scientology, and that's a very big if, there might be
    one or two people who would go rogue and give an unvarnished testimony to save
    some prison time. Maybe not.

The dominoes fell pretty quickly in Rajneeshpuram once the Feds arrived. It was shocking
    to see how fast and how brutally they did fall.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. Jim Dandy

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  15. Cat's Squirrel

"I didn't think the documentary went into enough detail about how Rajneeshpuram was funded and how the Bhagwan could afford 90 Rolls Royces and million dollar watches."

My understanding is that when you joined Osho's organisation back then you had to sign all your material resources over to them, although most devotees (at least the ones I met) weren't home owners so this meant money and not houses.

It's a lot different now;

http://www.osho.com/visit

16. IWantOffThisTrain

IWantOffThisTrain Eternal Optimist

My understanding is that when you joined Osho's organisation back then you had to sign all your material resources over to them, although most devotees (at least the ones I met) weren't home owners so this meant money and not houses.

I remember my brother coming home and my fighting with my the folks about some property they had given him when he turned 21. Apparently he wanted to sign it over to the Bhagwan but needed them to sign the quit claim deed and they refused. It stands out because he was so mad that he left that same night and didn't come back for a year or so. Mom said that attorneys for the cult contacted them a few times trying to get the property but they ignored it. Folks kept the property, John left eventually left the cult and because of him they told the rest of us we didn't get anything until they died. We started calling the property Bhagwans as a joke. John died several years ago so the folks decided to sell it, the buyers thought it was funny so they made a sign that says Bhagwans that hangs on a tree as you drive in.

17. Cat's Squirrel

Wow. In a way though it was more honest than Scientology (although no less greedy). They told you upfront, "If you want to join us, you give us all your money and your worldly stuff including property; that's the deal." And Osho never pretended he didn't have 93 Rolls-Royces, diamond watches etc. In fact quite the reverse was true; he would drive his car (or one of the cars) slowly down the road and his followers would form a line by the side of the road and wave at him.

With Scientology though, they also try to take you for every penny you've got but it's by degrees, they never tell you upfront that they're doing it and Miscavige's lifestyle is carefully concealed.

18. Cat's Squirrel

Here's an article from someone who'd been a child in both Osho's ashram in Puna and Rajneeshpuram, due to his parents' involvement in the cult. It seems that his mother was having doubts about her involvement and eventually left, whereas his father become more deeply involved, leading to their splitting up;

www.forum.exscn.net/threads/the-bhagwan-cult-back-in-the-news.45990/page-3#post-1167530

The interesting thing for me was that he eventually became frustrated by the lack of boundaries he'd grown up with and started to crave structure in his life.