What's new

The biography of Mary Sue Hubbard

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Last month I was approached to work on Mary Sue's biography. Unlike my work on Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's biography, where I had fantastic help from Yvonne's immediate family, I don't expect that same kind of help on Mary Sue's. You know, the old and highly popular Church of Scientology disconnection practice.

Despite that, I have been able to gather a bit about Mary Sue's early life. I found four pictures from her college days. Next up I put together clues from eight sources and made an argument that Mary Sue came to Wichita in June 1951. I have now positively identified not only when Mary Sue and Ron were married but where, a first such documentation that I know of.

If any of you are so inclined and would like to help please e-mail me at [email protected].

Mary Sue's bio is here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Mary_Sue_Hubbard

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

phenomanon

Canyon
Last month I was approached to work on Mary Sue's biography. Unlike my work on Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's biography, where I had fantastic help from Yvonne's immediate family, I don't expect that same kind of help on Mary Sue's. You know, the old and highly popular Church of Scientology disconnection practice.

Despite that, I have been able to gather a bit about Mary Sue's early life. I found four pictures from her college days. Next up I put together clues from eight sources and made an argument that Mary Sue came to Wichita in June 1951. I have now positively identified not only when Mary Sue and Ron were married but where, a first such documentation that I know of.

If any of you are so inclined and would like to help please e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

Thanks, Howard.
I remember when LRH brought MSH to Phoenix. It was 1952 IIRC.
I identified a lot with MSH as we were both Texas girls, I am 4 months older than she, we both studied Petroleum Geology, and we were both redheads.
I didn't shmooze with MSH because our "lifestyle" was not all that compatible. ( I hung with the Jazz Musicians). She was living Dn/Scn, and 'hung' only with LRH and her family and the true believers.
John Sanborn told me that Ron wooed Mary Sue with dozens of roses in his 'courting' of her.
She was used and abused just like the other Women in his life were. Such a waste of an intelligent, well-meaning Woman. How it must've hurt when she realized that Ron was a turd who hated Women.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

Thank you for taking the time and expending effort to do this, Howard. :yes::thumbsup:

Your Yvonne biography was EXCELLENT and much appreciated. :clap:

Face:)

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, Howard.
I remember when LRH brought MSH to Phoenix. It was 1952 IIRC.
I identified a lot with MSH as we were both Texas girls, I am 4 months older than she, we both studied Petroleum Geology, and we were both redheads.
I didn't shmooze with MSH because our "lifestyle" was not all that compatible. ( I hung with the Jazz Musicians). She was living Dn/Scn, and 'hung' only with LRH and her family and the true believers.
John Sanborn told me that Ron wooed Mary Sue with dozens of roses in his 'courting' of her.
She was used and abused just like the other Women in his life were. Such a waste of an intelligent, well-meaning Woman. How it must've hurt when she realized that Ron was a turd who hated Women.

Great Stuff, Phenom. :thumbsup:

It's truly a phenomenal phenomenon :biggrin: that you were there then and are here now sharing your unique perspective with all of Us. :clap:

IMHO, truer words have never been spoken. :yes:

With Abiding Gratitude, :flowers:

Face:)

Last edited:
Howard Dickman, I had posted this before, and here it is yet again: I was told by Robert Sewell that he was dating MS and took her to a Scientology event (or whatever they called them then) and introduced her to Ron - and the rest is history.

What is with girls anyway? I had the same thing happen - I introduced my date to a musician friend of mine - and I ended going home alone - not once but again, a second time with different girl. I couldn't score worth beans, but him? A couple years later, I went by to see him with my wife and he started putting the moves on her - sheesh! I stayed the hell away from him after that.

Mimsey

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Howard Dickman, I had posted this before, and here it is yet again: I was told by Robert Sewell that he was dating MS and took her to a Scientology event (or whatever they called them then) and introduced her to Ron - and the rest is history.

What is with girls anyway? I had the same thing happen - I introduced my date to a musician friend of mine - and I ended going home alone - not once but again, a second time with different girl. I couldn't score worth beans, but him? A couple years later, I went by to see him with my wife and he started putting the moves on her - sheesh! I stayed the hell away from him after that.

Mimsey

Mimsey; Yes, I recall this story about Sewell. In Ivy #74 Eubank writes that he was the one who introduced MS to Ron. Because I was faced with two different accounts I elected to not include either in MSH's bio.

Was Sewell from Texas?

Howard

Bob Sewell was friends with Carol Shrack, and may have gotten her in Scientology. Both she and her husband Tom have passed away, so there's no help in that quarter. I don't know if he was from Texas or not - I just recall meeting him in the mid to late 70's. He was on or through OT 2 when he passed away - he had some sort of intestinal blockage, and died from it. My wife recalls he had some sort of disastrous trip to flag at about that time, and she says the MSH story was his claim to fame.

Maybe Phenomenon recalls him? I never thought to ask him about his roots, he was one of the many Scientology characters I met in those days when I was on lines at AOLA on Westlake, like Vi and Doc. Wellington, Lisa and Rory Tate, the Sabriskies, Sally Chalif, Don Breeding, Richard O Kane, Alberto Villada, Rocky Stump, Foster Tompkins, Heber, Bill Yaudy, Don Sharpe, Henning and Mary Heldt etc.

Best

Mimsey

phenomanon

Canyon
Bob Sewell was friends with Carol Shrack, and may have gotten her in Scientology. Both she and her husband Tom have passed away, so there's no help in that quarter. I don't know if he was from Texas or not - I just recall meeting him in the mid to late 70's. He was on or through OT 2 when he passed away - he had some sort of intestinal blockage, and died from it. My wife recalls he had some sort of disastrous trip to flag at about that time, and she says the MSH story was his claim to fame.

Maybe Phenomenon recalls him? I never thought to ask him about his roots, he was one of the many Scientology characters I met in those days when I was on lines at AOLA on Westlake, like Vi and Doc. Wellington, Lisa and Rory Tate, the Sabriskies, Sally Chalif, Don Breeding, Richard O Kane, Alberto Villada, Rocky Stump, Foster Tompkins, Heber, Bill Yaudy, Don Sharpe, Henning and Mary Heldt etc.

Best

Mimsey

I do recall him. An 'oldtimer from the 50's, and in the Oldtmers' Club in LA @1979, But I don't know if he was from Texas.
I was at AOLA on Westlake in 1969. .