The Blame Game

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Oct 3, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

The Blame Game

Scientology plays an interesting game of taking credit for anything good AND bad in a person’s life. For anything good, it’s BECAUSE the person is a good scientologist “applying the tech” and for anything bad it’s because the person is NOT a good scientologist and is not applying the tech and thus they are suffering[.......]

Continue reading...

2. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

Before I share this stuff, let me say at the outset that I'm an Atheist and just don't go along with religions, especially Christian ones.

One of my cousins, who is devout, shared this thing on FB that was a "Bible Verse of the Day" of how "God is always working for you." I almost commented with something snarky about how he's helping people in Puerto Rico so much, but decided not to go there. But, it meant the comments on the post kept on coming. <sigh> And this one dude posted the following and I scanned it and thought "Huh. How similar to a cherch that I know all too well."

It reminded me of how I'd ask a nun why God wasn't answering my prayers, and get an answer of how my faith wasn't strong enough or I didn't pray hard enough or something. Interesting parallel to the cult, I thought. Maybe all religions have this as an element. You must believe whole-heartedly without doubts and sacrifice your time and whatever to eventually be rewarded. If things go well, it's because God is rewarding you for being good. If they don't, well, it's because you did bad things and don't really believe and God is turning his back on you.

It's all a load of you-know-what.