The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold

Discussion in 'Books About Cults and Extracting Oneself from Coer' started by Björkist, Jul 18, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Björkist

Björkist Silver Meritorious Patron

An incredibly intense and revealing book by Acharya S. It contains some negativity/entheta which may make some uncomfortable and, indeed, made me slightly queasy although I have a "stomach of steel". (The passage I quote a few lines down is very graphic and quite entheta, so please don't read if you are easily nauseated, sensitive, etc...)

Some of her works were referenced for the amazing movie "Zeitgeist" and on Conscious Media Network there are interviews with her and hundreds of others. Great website!

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/acharya.htm (great interview)

(You may need to create a free account to watch the videos)

If even 1/10th of what she claims in Christ Conspiracy is true, as Borat would say, "WAWAWEEWA!"

"The standard excuse for this vile behavior [torture] has been that Christian proponents had the right to purge the earth of 'evil' and to convert the 'heathen' to the 'true faith.' Over a period of more than a millennium, the Church would bring to bear in this 'purification' and 'conversion' to the religion of the 'Prince of Peace' the most horrendous torture methods ever devised, in the end slaughtering tens of millions worldwide.

These 'conversion' methods by Catholics against men, women and children, Christians and Pagans alike, included burning, hanging and torture of all manner, using the tools described in Fourth Maccabees. Women and girls had hot pokers and sharp objects slammed up their vaginas, often after priests had raped them. Men and boys had their penises and testicles crushed or ripped or cut off.

Both genders and all ages had their skin pulled off with hot pincers and their tongues ripped out, and were subjected to diabolical machinery designed for the weakest parts of the body, such as the knees, ankles, elbows and fingertips, all of which were crushed. Their legs and arms were broken with sledgehammers, and, if there was anything left of them, they were hanged or burned alive. Nothing more evil could possibly be imagined, and from this absolute evil came the 'rapid' spread of Christianity.

So far this despicable legacy and crime against humanity remains unavenged and its main culprit unpunished, not only standing intact but inexplicably receiving the undying and unthinking support of hundreds of millions, including the educated, such as doctors, lawyers, scientists, etc. This acquiescence is the result of the centuries of destruction and degradation of their ancestors’ cultures, which demoralized them and ripped away their spirituality and heritage. In annihilating these cultures, the Christian conspirators also destroyed countless books and much learning, prizing the subsequent illiteracy and ignorance, which assisted in allowing for Christianity to spread."

How quickly would the Church of Scientology be shut down if it had EVER engaged in any of that madness!? :nervous:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Christianity possibly spread so rapidly after all that out of fear. Sex is another path to god and enlightenment, and they knew this which is part of why they did what they did. I've said it before, if lron thought he could have gotten away with it, how long do you think it would have taken him to gather up the psychs and any other percieved enemies in government and had them gassed? I feel he was quite capable of that. He admitedly saw men as his slaves, so taking it one step further to him would make no difference. And for sure it wouldn't have stopped there. :no:

3. Neo

Neo Silver Meritorious Patron

These actions of the Christian Church are clearly barbaric. The fact that they occurred in an age when they could get away with them is probably one of the reasons they are such a large world wide institution today. We live in a totally different age, where their actions have to be different (although there are still abuses occurring). You can't compare what occurred then to what occurs now. Just like you can't compare the crimes of the Christian Church to the abuses of the Church of Scientology.

But two wrongs don't make a right. ALL crimes and abuses should be dealt with, and ALL perpetrators brought to justice. I don't really care what the religion calls itself.

Neo

4. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

I bought this book off Amazon a few years ago.

It was a very interesting read and so many of her theories make sense.

5. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Scientology does however 'condone' any religion as per advice from Hubbard. Religion being the spiritual factor that makes man ethical and happy. And society human and just.. Scientology has established (or wishes to) itself as the 'chair-religion' of religions with RTC.. The Religious Technology Center.

Thus, CoS do not oppose any religion... Judging by your post you seem to say that they're wrong target?

I see belief in reincarnation as devaluing life.. Like a computergame: "Game Over.. Press the space bar to get a new life." - While an individual might be consoled by the prospect of not dying.. Killing becomes easier too!

I see religion of all flavors in history being obsessed with killing the doubters and unbelivers. And in present time still.. Observe Islamists in thousands screaming that they want to cut off the heads of danes bacause of some silly drawings... I don't see religion being promotive of decent civilization at all.

With the advent of science and scientific thinking, which coincidentally refuted the superstitions of religion, we have seen the western world make the first real progress towards making a benign society where everyone has some freedom and rights. Indeed a civilization as grand as have never been seen on earth.

I have no doubt that CoS would go the way of all the earlier 'great' religions given the opportunity. Reference Hubbard advicing to 'erase' everyone below 2.0 on the tone scale from society.. That's when the Scientology Orgs say what's legal!

And this is why we fight.. Besides Hubbard was an asshole.. Miscavige is too. And the 'tech' don't work.. It's a scam quite simply!

But I'm sure you understand that already Björkist?

:yes:

6. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

To agree and extend...

Good and valid points, Neo!

How about including "governments" along with "churches" and "religion" - huh? Also - do we really live in a "...totally different age..." when you really think about it?

On the way to work today, heard an interview with an author, Jane Mayer (spelling unsure), re her new book The Dark Side. I was amazed, once again, at man's inhumanity to man - and give great kudos to her for her work. It's next on my reading schedule. Check it out.

7. Neo

Of course, one could include governments, even corporations I'm sure. But I don't want to go on a witch hunt. I was merely replying to the original post.

And yes, I do believe we live in a different age. That does not mean I believe that people at their core are necessarily different. I would argue that we, as a whole, are somewhat more enlightened than we have ever been, but that is debatable. But the actions that one can take to control and hurt others, as expressed in the original post are affected by such things as mass communication, such as the internet.

Mans inhumanity to man has been a disgraceful part of our history, no doubt. But don't forget man's humanity to man also. I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

Neo

8. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

No Christ

According to L. Rob Nubbard in readily available tapes marked confidential, and published materials also marked confidential, and certain papers on pack "C" of the OT 6 course circa 1986, there was no such person as Jesus of Nazareth. This was a made up "Messiah" who was actually a myth, and shown as "everyman" crucified in the R-6 bank which is run out on the Clearing Course, OT 2 and OT 3. Have you ever been on the ride at Disneyland called "Haunted House"? at the end you go sideways and face a mirror, and through holographic tricks you now have a ghost riding in the car with you? In the R-6 implant, LRH says you are shown as crucified, with your face, your body hanging on the cross. This little prank was pulled off by a group of priests who had been implanting people in Egypt 600 BC or so, and the pharoah kicked them out in masse, and they wound up in Palestine, where they dreamed up this myth. They promoted it heavily, and by 300 AD were embellishing it with supposed feats written up by supposed apolstles. They were called the Nicomideans. We know them today as the Roman Catholic Church. Later, after terrorizing Europe for a thousand years, they went on "Crusades" to eliminate any and every historical document which had any remote possibility of refuting the existence of JC from 0-30 AD. Many libraries were burned.
    So, belief in Christianity is supposed to be "implanted", and not based on historical fact or actual accomplishment of miracles, adoption of responsibility for sins, etc. In other words, all bullshit. So, there you go; believe it or don't.
    Now, do I believe this? well, I haven't been to Mass for at least this lifetime...and am unlikely to get on my knees anytime soon for any god or his supposed son.

9. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

10. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

:clap: :clap: He is a true Master! :yes: I remember watching him on the tv when I was a young girl growing up in Ireland, he was never out of the papers and was in constant trouble with the clergy who ran the country at the time and still do to an extent. He was a brave brave soldier and way ahead of his time, he is my favourite comedien and simply tells it like it is. :clap: :clap:

11. Björkist

I am reading through the book now and amazed, appalled and annoyed at how this sham has infiltrated minds and created the justification for unthinkably horrible acts.

I understand that these are different times we live in, but atrocities still occur: bombing abortion clinics, fag bashing, Westboro Baptist Church, etc.

When Hubbard speaks of "psychs" I don't think he means anyone who has a degree in Psychiatry. I think he is referring to the Ewen Camerons, Josef Mengeles and Walter Freemans who committed utter atrocities.

If I had foresight into what someone like Cameron, Mengele or Freeman would do, I would have offed them before they had the chance.

In my travels at work, I have met a few Psychiatrists who are really nice people and believe that they are helping. Our relationship hasn't evolved to a point where I can ask what sort of "treatments" they have performed, but I get vibes from people and can tell much about them. These few I have come into contact with aren't the "psychs" which I think Hubbard was referring to.

I was in the situation just two days ago where I was in the same room with a girl being committed to a psych hospital and heard the briefing regarding her legal right to refuse the drugs that she would be given unless a judge deemed that she was to forcibly ingest them.

Of course, being a avid drug pusher (I promote it, don't I?), I was inwardly cheering as I hoped she would be given all manner of brain and body rotting drugs. Maybe a Xanax cocktail to start her off followed by a Lithium/Zoloft combo.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  12. Neo

Yes, I agree. These things are atrocities, and are unacceptable in a civilised society. From my observation ,the more fundamentalist one gets with their religious point of view, the more they are prone to committing atrocities of one sort or another (the greatest good for the greatest number, in their mind, perhaps?)

I accept your interpretation of what Hubbard had to say, especially about Psychs, and I think it's valid. Unfortunately, I haven't known too many Scientologists who share your ability to think for themselves within the framework of the teachings of Hubbard.

LOL, now you're just being silly, Björkist. A drug pushing Scientologist - I love your style.
    :p

13. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

what is this thousand year period that is being referenced? does the author specify? And the geographical area?

14. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Hubbard was insane on the topics of psychology and psychiatry.

His obsession with psychiatry, etc. distracted from actual reform and created confusion, as does the "CCHR" front group's activities.

Possibly, this animosity derived from an early uncomplimentary diagnosis (by a doctor, psychologist, or psychiatrist) of his mental state (pathological liar, etc.)

That trait (lying, deviousness and deception) has been passed along, and now infects the minds of many (not all) Scientologists.

It is noteworthy that Scientology is probably the only "Church" that has extensive (mostly confidential) doctrine, by its founder, on how to use such things as deception, trickery, suitable guises, creating impressions which mislead or manipulate, etc.

Links, mostly re. psychiatry.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=80988&postcount=76

15. Björkist

Maybe he was crazy on the subject of psychology and psychiatry; I didn't know Hubbard personally so can't make a claim on that either way.

In my estimation, what he did do (directly and indirectly) was dramatically raise public awareness on those subjects and empower people to speak out against psychiatric abuses.

Veda, you profess to know quite a bit about all things Scientology related and come across as somewhat of a self-proclaimed expert.

Tell me (and anyone else reading) what is your specific history and contact with the both Hubbard and Scientology.

Or is it as Haiqu stated to you re: OT III, "I get the impression I'm talking to a person who either never ran it, or who has had significant losses on attempting to attain OT and is now lashing out at anyone who did improve."

Do you have any positive comments about Scientology, Scientologists, Hubbard, Saint Hill Manor, the Sea Org, Hubbard's motorcycles, the Church of Scientology or is it (and everything and anyone that has anything to do with it) all just a huge seething mass of the vilest and most putrescent evil that has ever existed on this planet?

But, in keeping with Hubbard's policy of "Never defend, always attack" you will undoubtedly and conveniently ignore the growing backlog of questions posed to you from several ESMBers and will just keep on ranting against all things Scientology. Right?

Edit:

And Hubbard does sound quite batshit crazy on "psych subjects" here doesn't he? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeFDnS1DjKM

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  16. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Well I can't argue with this. This kind of thing leaves me nauseous in the extreme, and completely horrified. This is one thing that sickens me to the bone, it has always always had the most chilling affect on me. I remember when I was in, my mum's best friends husband had a breakdown, so instead of putting him on medication, it was decided that he have electric shock treatment. At the time, I had booklets and leaflets from CCHR that I gave her, I remember begging her not to allow them to do it, she though 'I' was crazy.. they went ahead.. and he turned into a vegetable. That was fifteen years ago, this man is still alive, and still the same. He's in a home, and he just sits there, it's so disgusting. I can't handle this stuff at all and no, one cannot disagree that he did bring it to public awareness which was a good thing no matter what his intentions may have been.

17. Mick Wenlock

Let me ask you a question - why do YOU think Hubbard "dramatically raised public awareness" and "empower(ed) people"? Because he said so? Or because you fell for the GO propaganda hook, line and sinker? How did someone who's writing was and is virtually unknown do this great work that you ascribe to him?

You do know that there were lots of people doing lots of work opposing psychiatric treatment - right? You do know that the famed "siberia bill" was not actually defeated by Scientology and Hubbard but by a much more effective group of people?

18. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

Siberia

The current US administration has moved us much closer to any "Siberias" they care to create for those of us who are not TV hypnotized, obedient sheeple. The Patriot Act alone, plus recent wiretapping and Bill of Rights shredding legislation, have got us on the verge of a police state, just waiting for the next accidental or manufactured tragedy to "require" the temporary suspension of our civil rights, and the imposition of a dictatorship "for our own good". That is when you will see the true nature and purpose of big pharma and psychiatry. Until then, it's all just a friendly discussion. I hope we can avert it and never have to see it flower into it's full use: interment and chemical neutralization of dissidents.
    Remember: "Soylent Green is People!":omg:

19. Björkist

OHTEEATE, very thought provoking and interesting posts.

Mick, I think Hubbard, directly and indirectly, raised public awareness of psychiatric crimes by openly discussing them and starting a movement which, among other things, inspired people to speak out and further raise public awareness against those abuses.

Good thing I didn't think the two options you presented were the only two available to me, eh?

I love the phrase "virtually unknown"...is that like "virtually spotless"?

And yes, I am aware that Hubbard wasn't the first and only person to bring such issues to light. I don't think I made the claim that he was.

No way to prove this, but I think that if you asked 500 random people in 2008 about Psychiatric abuses, more would be aware of it than if you had asked 500 random people in 1960.

20. Mick Wenlock

which "movement" are you referring to? I would concede that he raised awareness and lowered knowledge about psychiatry for anyone that was in Scientology but I have seen no evidence (well apart from your thoughts of course) that this has done anything at all except generate Freedom articles.

well except for the fact that you seem to get your "thought" from Hubbard - you don't seem to have much in the way of anything outside of that to offer. Well not as yet.

Nope. Were it not for Hubbard's oafish stupidity the "virtually" could be dropped.

Then why do you seem to not be able to sort out Hubbard's "claims" and the rest of the people who have been campaigning for reform?

as you said in your earlier post
    While Hubbard probably dramatically raised YOUR awareness via whichever movement you were referring to - you fail to make any connection beyond that.

Where is the proof of "dramatic"? Where is the connection to Hubbard and anything that he wrote or did? You have not provided any information other than "opinion" or "thought". This makes me wonder if the entirety of your data for this comes from the source you are praising and not from actually looking at the subject.

wow, more "think" and "thought". As there is no way to prove or disprove it it pretty much ranks alongside the "in my estimation" which seems to be derived from "what I heard in Scientology".

and, while I have your attention - are you going to answer the question from the earlier post concerning the book this thread is about?