The Conditions

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Alien3, Nov 4, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I remember the Conditions formulas in the Scientology Ethics book being a transcription from one of Hubbard's lectures. I believe it came out as a series of lectures called The Money Tapes and it may have been the lecture entitled "The Five Conditions" or something like that.

Anyway, what struck me was an anomaly in the formula for the condition of Affluence. On the tape Hubbard is talking about a person suddenly having a pile of money on the table and he says what you do is "cover it up then economise". But in the Ethics book it says the first step of the Affluence formula is "economise".

This was pointed out to me by a long-time UK scientologist, David Gaiman. He was making the point that for a scientologist to cover up the fact they had received a pile of money would not be in scientology's best interests.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

That runs all through Scn policy, as actually applied. What is proper for an Org to do, is improper for an individual to do, in his relation to the Org.

"You should NEVER, EVER go into debt" -- if you're an org. As an individual, you are REQUIRED to go into debt in order to "Flow Power" to the Org.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Yes, the tapes title is "The Five Conditions" . . . circa 1965.

BUT, the formula for Affluence is idiotic and destructive. The correct first step to carry out would be to discover the cause/source of the sudden "affluence" and strengthen it . . . the "Economize" shit is obviously Hubbard's effort to protect the monies in "his" Orgs . . .

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

The Ethics Conditions - in fact anything related to "ethics" in scientology - was the thing I hated most when I was in the cult. I still get a queasy stomach when I think about it. I'm so glad I'm out. It's been over 33 years! :yay:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  5. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

I don't have the courage necessary to go back and find that reference in the voluminous "scripture" that lists all the CRIMES and HIGH CRIMES.

Does anyone remember the exact wording of that cardinal sin of "causing" or "being" or "allowing" a problem, something along those lines? It's some weird rhetorical mindf*ck that Hubbard dreamed up to slam, shame and shatter anyone who he didn't happen to care for at the moment.

It's in those "green on white" policies on ethics offenses. What was the wording on that "overt" again? LOL

In back of that crazed concept was Hubbard's assertion that all beings are all-knowing and all-powerful. And if anything goes wrong in their vicinity (or "on this planet") it's their fault.

Blame always lies lower on the command channel. It's a low tone level, blame is, that's why. LOL

6. HelluvaHoax!

Perfect!

Ergo, the advanced financial tech called "dateline", wherein overdue bills and vendors could be delayed/stiffed if the Founder felt like buying another ship for his flotilla or a manor estate in England.

People who complain about not getting paid by Scientology, Ron assures us, are not of sufficient havingness to handle such a magnificently and majestically prosperous organization. That was paraphrased, but it's in the policy, seriously.

You see, when Scientology doesn't have money to pay their bills it's a plus-point. They are so busy flourishing and prospering and saving mankind that they get devT'd with writing success stories and counting cash. However, when a lowly plumber serviced "The Friendliest Place On Earth" (Flag), his low-toned, low-havingness, out-ethics, degraded begging for money (in payment of a year-old delinquent invoice) well....he needs to have ethics slammed in on him as an enturbulative source. That's when 8 burly big beings from HCO descend upon him, grab him and "body route" him out of reception, using tone 40 8c. When he is thrown to the sidewalk out front, bloodied and bruised, he tries to call the police, but they steal his phone and threaten to destroy his business and bankrupt him personally with multiple lawsuits.

All this is okay because Flag is "The Friendliest Place On Earth" and Scientology is "the only game in the universe where everyone wins".

If that DB plumber had only listened to their advice and routed onto the Bridge all this insanity could have so easily been avoided. But, no---he chose to dramatize his R6 Bank by daring to demand that the savior of the universe (Dr. Hubbard, aka Buddha 2.0) pay him money. He should be paying Ron money, for the sheer privilege of helping him Clear the planet and clear the shit-laden plumbing "com lines".

I feel this is a good point to end off on my rant because I had a small floating needle when I perceived somebody someday reading this crazed cult crap and thinking to themselves: "Dem Diamondetics people iz crazzzzzzzy motherfuckers!" That gave me a win, which I am sharing with you in the hopes that I will possibly be awarded a humanitarian lapel pin at an upcoming event.

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. JackStraw

JackStraw Silver Meritorious Patron

Wasn't it something like "Committing a Solution that turned out to be a Problem?"

That sounds a lot like LRH to me.

Jack

• Winner Winner x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • List
  8. HelluvaHoax!

Yeah, that is very very very advanced administrative technology.

From Dr. Hubbard's wholetrack research.

It is a shame the #2 most OT being on the planet (Mary Sue Hubbard) did not do the clay demos properly. When she followed Ron's orders and ended up in federal prison, it was because she did not follow policy.

Had she followed standard policy, she should have queried his "illegal order" to perpetrate the largest infiltration/espionage in the US government's history (Operation Snow White). It says right there in policy that one must never obey an illegal order that conflicts with LRH policy. It is in the ethics policies right next to the policy that says it is a high-crime and suppressive act to not follow LRH orders.

This all makes sense if you clay demo it. Even if you don't have a cognition, there are still highly valuable student points that accrue to your graph and ethics folder.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  9. HelluvaHoax!

Wait! I THINK HE'S GOT IT!

I believe that's it---it was "COMMITTING A PROBLEM", right?

By George, he's got it!

CONCLUSION (sing along): The reign of the insane stays mainly in the (spirit of) playin'

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. HelluvaHoax!

The wins continue on "COMMITTING A PROBLEM":

That's a buzzword in Scientology. "Committing". As in "committing" an overt. Scientologists are easily controlled by use of such wholetrack word restimulation. By way of example, cult members are easily triggered into keying in R6EW.

Ron's 6 End Words (thought "ending" words) such as:

1. COMMITTING (a bad thing; associated with evil acts of transgression that affect Ron's cash flow)

2. DECLARE (a good OR bad thing; you can be "declared" a Clear or an SP, depending on your bank account balance)

3. WIN (always a good thing; it's a win when nobody attacks Scientology or when everyone attacks--because we are winning)

4. IMPLANT (always a bad thing, except when Scientology false data strips you and implants a pro-survival "stable datum")

5. TOTAL FREEDOM (always ideal; requires surrender of all one's PARTIAL FREEDOM to attain it)

6. ON SOURCE (100% necessary; Thinking exactly as Ron does is the vital key to becoming yourself)

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • List
  11. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

Great thread!!!

The little contretemps at FCDC to which I allude began one evening near Thanksgiving 1973 in our cozy moderne two room apartment on the second floor of the brick building on the southwest corner of Nineteenth and Florida...

12. HelluvaHoax!

Excerpt from Jon Atack's marvelously informative book A PIECE OF BLUE SKY:

"Hubbard had organized Scientology in a series of compartments, and with the detention of these executives the CMO had removed all potential major opposition from each compartment of the Organization. The detainees were moved to a place dubbed "Happy Valley," a remote camp inside an Indian reservation not far from Gilman. Although they were not prevented from leaving, the former Sea Org executives were watched by security guards. They were, however, told that if they left they would be declared Suppressive for all eternity, and never readmitted to the Scientology congregation. It was a dreadful threat to committed Scientologists who had devoted most of their adult lives to the Tech. The group were subjected to a Committee of Evidence: a Scientology trial, where the Committee act as prosecutors, judges and jury rolled into one. They were charged with thirty-six offences, ranging from somehow employing Scientology to receive sexual favors to being in the pay of the enemies of Scientology. David Mayo was found guilty of "committing" a problem. The Findings and Recommendations of the Committee came to a total of over ninety pages. The major thread of the Findings was the purported plot to overthrow the CMO. It was asserted that......"

This may be the anomalous and lone exception found in the axiom "Even a broken cult is right once a day".

Mayo may have inadvertently & unintentionally committed a problem when he went to a dying Hubbard and "audited him back to life". Although a courageous, compassionate and perhaps even miraculous achievement---it caused a major problem to mankind, on this planet. Sometimes when an omnisciently omnipotent OT guru has gone completely mad and is hiding/dying in a BlueBird motorhome, you have to just call it a day, take a win, sign off on his exit routing form and refuse to let anyone else call a Blow Drill.

Cruel, right? Well, I am just trying to apply Ron's datum on "greatest good for greatest number of sane people".

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  13. Clay Pigeon

"GUILTY" sad The Red Queen.

"First the verdict, then the trial"

So what else is gnu and exciting? Biped jurisprudence hasn't changed much since The Code of Hammer A Rabbi.

14. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Conspiracy Analyst III

The mistake Mayo made was in not using his position as Ron's auditor to beat Miscavige to the prize and have it all turned over to him lock, stock and barrel.
    He could have had Miscavige come up as a reading item all over Ron's auditing. Tell Ron he's RS'd 17 times on DM's name, "do you have evil intentions towards DM Ron?"
    Get Hubbard convinced he has whole track bad blood with DM and Ron will fill in all the rest of the blanks as we watch DM fall off the face of visible Sea Org into a black pit of no name slave laborers.
    Could have got Ron so spun in on the subject of Dave Miscavige that he'd still be buried in estates somewhere as a go fer's go fer!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. HelluvaHoax!

LOL

Maybe even simpler, if Mayo had been Machiavellian, all he needed to do is to dummy up some WORKSHEETS from "sessions run on Miscavige", where there were major Rockslams on LRH, LRH's money, LRH's reputation, LRH's assets, LRHs control of Scientology, et al.

MAYO
    Hey Ron, that kid Miscavige had over a dozen rockslams and refused to
    answer my questions in session. Here's the session worksheets, look for yourself, sir!

TOTAL TIME INVESTED: Twenty nine minutes and thirty seconds to write some counterfeit sessions up. Thirty seconds to r-factor and brief Ron, before the reincarnated Buddha would have exploded with fists pounding desks and overturning file cabinets, whilst screaming: "I want that little DB piece of shit SP locked up, declared, disconnected and then fair-gamed, framed & fucked up!"

MAYO'S RETURN ON INVESTMENT: Thirty minutes to hijack and acquire 2 billion dollars of cash/assets. Hourly pay rate = $4 Billion per hour.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  16. screamer2

screamer2 Occam's Ball Crusher

The main trouble with that is only the most evil and dirty scum rises to the top in $cientology. Mayo simply wasn't evil enough to prevail over the asthmatic dwarf.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

You'll NEED to economize as soon as Ron finds out you have money and takes it. So that's the correct step for Affluence :)

18. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Conspiracy Analyst III

This could have been one of the most inspired and effective blows to the enemy ever concocted by the Church of Hoaxology.
    All would have been so different from that point on.
    Session records could then have been doctored on everyone from Ratbuns to that scrawny, wimpy , sandy haired ASSHO reg at ASHO that fucked over so many.
    TIMBERRRRR!!!!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  19. Clay Pigeon

It was about ten PM and I'd finished the admin and returned the folders to Tech Services after a day's auditing in our bedroom. Ive never had the time and wherewithal to be a voracious reader and as you all know this is even more so for a staff member but I was in a mood for reaing. We had a bookcase with many things piled on it including maybe twentyfive non scientology books and half a dozen of Ron's works including a fresh SOS and an old worn first edition DMSMH. I looked them over and it was all books I'd read, most of them prior to joining staff except...

Hmmm...

What's this?

A paperback titled "Inside Scientology" by Kaufman. Pukey yellow orange cover with note "40 Million Scientologists are forbidden to read this book" Forty million Scientologists? I don't see 40 million Scientologists.

Kathie was getting ready for bed and I asked if she knew anything about the book. She asked if recalled a young woman named Robin with bobbed dirty blond hair who had been on staff about three months and had split six weeks back. I said I did and she said she and some other staff had picked through the things she left behind and she had grabbed the book and our bedside AM/FM clock/radio.

I sat back and began to read...

:cake2::popcorn: anyone?

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  20. Clay Pigeon

I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole then I followed it in
    I saw myself crawl out as I was crawlin' in
    I got her up so tight I couldn't unwind
    I saw so much I broke my mind
    You know I just dropped in to see what condition