The 'Diana' formerly the 'Enchantress'

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Rmack, May 2, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

:drama:

2. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

Hah. I just had a video run in my mind of Chick Corea doing this in his style. :nervous:

3. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Winning intense dreams are awesome! I haven't had one of those in years. In color, too? Only - what is it - 1 out of 4 or so people dream in color. Cool!

IMHO, there are far more basic concepts and certainly far more truth outside scn than within it. No wonder that in your invasion of Big Blue dream, nobody stood a chance! :laugh: Superior weapons, right? :lol:

4. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

It was frickin' exhilarating! And it seemed to illustrate a sort of breakthrough where I didn't think in Scientology terms nearly as much as I did anymore.

LOL! I didn't think of that, but you're right! We had MP 5's and berretta 9 mils, and the black pajama guys had AK 47's. Durable, but not as controllable and accurate.

I'm going to have to dig through my several volumes of dream journals to find these two specific dreams, and see if time has revealed anything else about them.

Want to hear another funny one? At first, I didn't get the symbolism of the Bridge from the second dream. Duh! I guess I was just so blown away with the Tarot symbolism in it that I overlooked the cult's metaphors.

And, I should mention, I noticed this when I posted these dreams on this board for the first time a few years ago.

5. Rmack

I pretty much covered the main points of my Diana adventure already, Jewels.

OK, let me see.

One time, rockin' and rollin' around in the Atlantic on the way to Charleston, I was in the wheel house, holding on for dear life when Mason noticed a sail bag lashed to the forward mast was coming loose.

Understand that when I say 'rockin' and rollin' I mean this bucket was pitching (up and down) a good 20 degrees, and rolling right to left nearly 45 degrees! This heavy, steel hulled, wide beam design was not very stable on the longitudinal (front to back) axis. Hence the earlier story of having to bungee myself in my bunk that was on the far right side of the hull.

Waves were breaking over the bow, even though it was an exceptionally high one, designed for heavy seas, leaving several inches of water to ship back and drain out of the scuppers every few seconds. This was what was pulling the sail bag loose.

It wasn't even my watch, but I got selected to go outside and re-secure the bag. Understand that if I got thrown overboard, the chances of them finding me and pulling me back aboard were pretty slim. It's something I never imagined would be so hard until I was in the situation, then it was clear how dangerous it was.

You see, you would get light on your feet as the boat dropped from a crest, and with water flowing down the deck, you had to hold on to not loose your traction, and get thrown around. If you lost your grip, you would then have the rails to save you, but if it was during one of the really big ones, that would bury the deck in three or four feet of water, this might not be enough to keep you from being swept overboard.

I would have tied a line around myself if I'd been given the chance. It just shows you how much regard Harry Mason had for people other than himself.

So, with the two guys who were on watch watching from the safety of the dry pilot house, I went out there and tied off the sailbag. I had to let go between onslaughts to tie knots, but the timing of the waves were fairly predictable, so I was always holding on tight when the water hit and tried to take me with it. I was so young, dumb, and full of come that I had fun doing it.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Needless to say, when expecting foul weather most knowledgeable seamen have already had line on deck bow to stern so that in heavy weather a crew member can clip his tethered harness onto the line and move about on deck knowing he can't be swept overboard - slapped around some for sure but not washed overboard !

Not having that precaution in place reveals the ineptness of the captain of the vessel.

There is much wisdom in the old saying " know who you go to sea with ".

7. Rmack

No lines on deck. At least not any rigged that you could clip a tethered harness onto, which btw, we didn't have either.

Aye.

8. Rmack

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  9. Rmack

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  10. Margaret

Margaret Patron

I seem to remember the Purif coming out in 1979 before that there was the sweat program also I think in 1979 or late 1978.

11. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Patron

I'm not sure when the Purification Rundown was released for public consumption, but I was staff at Publications Org US located in the old Services Building in Big Blue. It was Sept. 1979 when I was "recovered" on an S.O. Veterans Return Program. The Purif was piloted on PAC staff around November 1979 (to the best of my recollection) and I was one of those staff on the pilot. The public release must have been early 1980, I'm guessing.

Michael A. Hobson
    Independent Scientologist

12. Rmack

That would fit. I was finished with the purif when John Lennon was shot, which was December, 1980. I thought it was winter, early 1080 when ASHO staff started doing it. It was explained to us as a pilot program, also.

13. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Dianazine. Too funny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purification_Rundown

14. exsomessenger

exsomessenger Patron Meritorious

I did a mission in 87 to check into the possibility of refitting the Diana. It was dry docked just north of FLAG. It was my first "Int" mission. Very top secret stuff.

15. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

So, how did that turn out?

Mimsey, waiting for the other shoe to drop...

16. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

SCIENTOLOGY RULE #1: Everything in Scientology is very top secret stuff. Everything!

WARNING: I THINK I FEEL A RANT COMING ON.......lol............

Scieno-Scenario: It's 1983. A Sea Org missionaire returns from their super secret overseas mission and reports for their "de-briefing".

GO EXEC
    So, did you accomplish your mission orders?

MISSIONAIRE
    Yessir!

GO EXEC
    Okay, then give me the secret envelope you
    picked up with the secret thing in it.

MISSIONIRE
    (hands over heavily taped and
    wax-sealed manilla envelope)

Yessir, here it is sir!

GO EXEC
    Did you encounter any difficulties?

MISSIONAIRE
    No sir. Well, when I ran into any counter-intention
    sir, I handled it per my mission orders and it
    resolved the situation.

GO EXEC
    You ran into counter-intention?

MISSIONAIRE
    Yessir! But it was fully handled sir!

GO EXEC
    (now opening envelope)
    I need the details. What happened?

MISSIONAIRE
    It was nothing sir. Just that when I switched
    my disguise and passport and switched trains
    in Bucharest, someone tried to use a bolt cutters
    to steal the briefcase with Ron's million dollars
    in cash.

GO EXEC
    I'm not asking about the weekly cash laundering, I'm
    asking about your top secret envelope!

MISSIONAIRE
    Pardon me sir. Yessir. The envelope. They also
    tried to steal the envelope. So I pushed them off
    the train. They fell under the wheels and got crushed
    to death but I don't think anyone could hear their screaming.

GO EXEC
    Very well done, but at any time was the contents
    of the envelope compromised? Did anyone see what
    was inside of it?

MISSIONAIRE
    No sir, I don't even know what was in that envelope!

GO EXEC
    (finishes opening envelope;
    pulls something out)

Well now that you delivered it,
    I suppose there's no harm in
    me showing it to you.

MISSIONAIRE
    (takes, stares at it)
    It's an old tin of shoe polish
    from Czechoslovakia.
    I don't get it.

GO EXEC
    Well, LRH heard they made really
    good shoe polish before World War II
    and he could perceive that the luster
    on his belt was not quite as shiny
    as the luster on a naval admiral's belt.
    So, he sent a mission to anonymously purchase
    it and courier it back to him though totally secure lines.

MISSIONAIRE
    Why would it have to be totally confidential?
    I mean, it's shoe polish.

GO EXEC
    LRH didn't brief us on why it was vital
    to keep confidential. We'll all get that
    data when we are further up the grade chart.

MISSIONAIRE
    So that's why I murdered that guy on the train?
    For shoe polish?

GO EXEC
    Yes. Don't worry about it, I won't forget
    forget to send a commendation to your ethics file.

17. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Artifacts no doubt eh, surprised cult didn't turn it into part of shooper-dooper-powaz museum thing.. oh nm, where is she now, was that determined yet in a page I've not read? No idea.

brb trying to catch up,

18. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

No, the Diana's fate hasn't been determined in this thread.

19. uncover

uncover Silver Meritorious Patron

20. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

not much, it was as someone said an old fishing boat, moored in Copenhagen used as a base vessel for the FOLO.

Actually old trawlers can be converted quite well to other uses. During the North Sea Oil and gas boom many trawlers were taken out of fishing (a way for the companies to shrink their fleets while getting paid for it) and converted to rig standby vessels. Safety regulations at that time required that every platform had to have a boat standing by for rescue purposes. The boats were kitted out with supplies and the fish holds converted to emergency berthing and a medical emergency room. Every regular in any company had to spend one trip a year on rig stand by (the usual "tour" was a month) we all hated it because the pay just sucked and it was as boring as hell. About the only fun was riding the diving winch up to the rig sometimes to watch movies and TV in the lounge on the rig for few hours and eat steak.