The 'Diana' formerly the 'Enchantress'

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Rmack, May 2, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

Re: The 'Diana' formerly the 'Enchanter'

From the 1986 article Ogs linked to:

"The latest controversy over the Diana comes four months after city zoning officials derailed the Scientologists' plans to store or display the yacht at the Sandcastle Motel, a sect retreat in downtown Clearwater."

http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/images/thecompiler-1986-23.pdf

2. pkatz

pkatz Patron with Honors

From a post on another thread Ogs, you state you are a "never-in" (your words). So why the rant about a vessel you have no direct knowledge of?

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

If this were true : " If she was under-ballasted when you sailed in her that's on the ship yard and the owner not correcting for stability " can you explain to dumb little me the captain of the vessel is not responsible for the sea worthiness a vessel under his direct command ?

Hint : It ain't on the yard, bub.

4. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh My God! My point precisely.

The ONLY benefit of spending millions on this old boat restoration is to further the notion that LRH was some type of super-being.

Just look at LRH. Don't look at the boats or the cars or the castle or the Messengers. Look at the chubby guy with the bad teeth and weird lips and weird skin. Look at his family relationships. Look at his service record. Does he pay his taxes?

Does he pay his staff a livable wage so that they can take care of their families?

Is he fair in his business dealings?

Yuk, ugh, uh oh, uh oh, nope, nope, nope.

The fancy buildings at Flag and the glitzy Freewinds and empty Ideal orgs do nothing to forward the spiritual lives of the members, but suck the life blood from those still in.

The restored boat is part of the mirage.

5. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Why not? Why should you care? I've done enough reading on it, what's yer bother? I like boats and ships and stuff, love sailing, and not fond of LRon, so I do feel inclined to pick at anything associated with the old demented fuck, including but not exclusively of his little navy, and all the fun stuff it has entailed. (And ya call that ranting? Lolol!)

:cheers:

6. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

_____
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_Monument_Park

http://www.muzeon.ru/pages/school

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/fallen-monument-park
    _____
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memento_Park

http://www.mementopark.hu/
    _____
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_Scientology_Monuments_Park

Diana.jpg

7. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

That's so typical of these guys. Hubbard's spiteful, vicious psychotic policies spreading his evil personality is perpetrated by these maniacs resulting in worse PR than any critic could have created.

8. Rmack

I sailed on her (as this thread was about) and she sure did wallow from side to side in moderate seas. The huge, something like 90' main mast with the addition of the mizzen mast PLUS the weight of that thick steel hull sure made her a real ride if you happened to have had a bunk next to the starboard hull, like I did. I had to bungee myself in to not be thrown from the bunk. You don't really sleep, you sort of just pass out between thrashings.

Didn't they say that they now put a steel deck up top with hardwood on that? Wouldn't that make her even more unstable?

9. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

Cowboy, when he was posting, said he had been involved with the Diana.

10. Rmack

(When I was posted in CMOCW {Commodore's Messenger Organization,
    Clearwater FL} we had a few missions, during the time of the Freewinds
    start up, where the Diana was dry docked at a marina just north of the
    Fort Harrison Hotel.
    I went on a mission to figure out what to do with it. The funny thing was
    it was super confidential and no one at the FLB {Flag Land Base} was to
    know that the Diana, a slice of Sea Org history, was just a few short miles
    from the land base.
    I could never really understand why COB and WDC wanted to keep this
    from the public and more so the Sea Org. )

Maybe it was because the boat was getting a little shabby, and was never that fancy in the first place. It wasn't good PR for Hubbard.

Hey, perhaps that's why they renovated it, and made it much more posh than it ever was.

11. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Yup, the ol' "Paint Yo Pig Project Pretentious Pests " A highly secretive operation I'm sure (considering how quiet they've been about it, wot?!? no flauntings? Oh my. ), a thing of hubbard! :woohoo: 2,000 years from now they're going to dig this crap up and go ~ 'Oh, some more Hubbard crap. ._.' *toss*

What I've found interesting about the whole Enchanter story, is that ol' Windy hisself proclaimed it a nasty piece of work... BUT.. wouldn't it be great to use it to train his loyal following? It'll build character! It'll build skillz!
    I'm willing to bet that the old 'trailer-princess' Diana is not going to be Miscavige's first means of escape, should the high-waters escape... or any other calamitous occurrences... manifest.
    @Jmack, I hear ya mon! :cheers:
    The steel deck thing, yup. As you well know I am sure, there becomes an end as to how much counter-weight/ballast you can add, short of filling the entire lower bilges with lead or something. I think that the original design was for a much lighter top-sides, deep-keeled craft with a much lower house, yawl-type; and it was meant to sail rather than putt about. That said, I do not think it a great design hull-wise, kinda tubby and built oddly. My suspicious nature has lead me to conclude the only reason Hubbard bought it was because it was cheap, and big, and a fair venue of the escaping of his growing liabilities. And keeping it for a 'training ship', lol, hm, its like teaching your kids to drive a '65 Yugo in order for them to be prepared to drive something else. no idea, but a fascinating subject to me *shrug*

12. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

The old boy was never short of doing dumb tricks.

So many things were so obviously stupid . . . . . all along.

That tub was about fitting for tubby hisself to go play Master of All Seas - :duh:

13. Rmack

Say Ogs, where did you hear that Laffy proclaimed it a nasty piece of work?

14. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

15. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

The old tub was never much of a yacht - looked more like a motorsailor designed for cross-harbor day trips.

Where of where did hubbie come up with his " Master of the 7 Seas " title - other than in his own warped mind?

There is no getting away from that old tub wasn't much to begin with & hubbie didn't know a proper yacht from his own fat butt.

16. Little David

17. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

Paul, did you know Tony Hitchman there?

18. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

1981 found me being " Jana Only" in ASHO-F. I was auditing their HGC public.
    I did that Purif in 1981 as FDN staff.
    The big thing about some of the ladies not being ready for the run to the Observatory is that they were spending their time sitting in a Chair. Clyed Mitchell, aged about 65, comes to mind. She was 'Examiner'.
    I ran up to the Observatory. The next morning , I couldn't get up. The muscles in my legs were in spasm. I crawled to the phone and called my C/S & it was "continue"....you know, "what turns it on will turn it off".
    I did it as non-so staff, with 3 other 'OTs' in my Sauna. And we exercised at Carmine Terra's Studio, and roller skated at Venice Beach and ran in Griffith Park.
    My last week on that Purif, a GO guy that I was auditing, died. Ziggy had been a 3-4 pack a day smoker, and I think that the
    Purif loosened a ton of Nicotine into his system and poisoned him.
    Those were the daze!

19. Little David

She’s now being readied to serve not only as a training vessel, but also to provide tours to Freewinds guests when the Ship is in the ABC islands, where the Diana will be docked. http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/10/hi...ogy-propaganda-about-creating-an-ideal-world/