What's new

The end of scientology!

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
. . .
No matter what outcome I'm personally expecting, I'm bracing myself for the long haul so I don't feel too disappointed if the "ending of this novel" fails to satisfy.

I think future Internet historians will mark Oct-Nov 2013 (Super Power / GAT II releases) as the major turning point and "beginning of the end" of the COS. However, I've studied history enough to realize that many movements and schools of thought have a long shelf lives and are unkillable. Some endure for hundreds of years, despite questionable or sketchy delivery on their ultimate promises.

Though Rosicrucianism has zero influence in the world, the main thing you can say about it is it's still around in some form or another after 400 years. Just tossing it up as one example for a look.

Here are some parallels (excerpts indented) from some articles I found.

Will Scientology follow a similar path to Rosicrucianism?

Extremely vague

What exactly are Rosicrucians? Their website is extremely vague, saying only that they aren't a religious organization.​

Unkillable and kicking around for over 400 years

In 1614 a curious pamphlet entitled the Fama Fraternitatis was published in Cassel, Germany.​

Mystical wisdom

The Fama tells the story of one Christian Rosencreutz who, as a young man, wandered through the Near East learning the mystical wisdom of the Arabs and Egyptians and finding much enlightenment there. Upon returning to Germany he attempted to share this knowledge but was laughed at and shunned. He and a few like-minded people formed a society called the Fraternity of the Rose Cross, building a temple called the Spiritus Sanctus.​

Like minded membership only

It doesn't explicitly ask people to join, but says the group's members will be watching for those in tune with their thinking.​

State of grace

This was followed in 1615 by another purported Rosicrucian publication, the Confessio Fraternitatis, in the same vein as the first but much more apocalyptic. It told not only of a society that had obtained the secrets of enlightenment, but of a forthcoming reformation of the age, returning it a state of grace.​

Spiritual gold

A third document appeared in 1616 entitled The Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosencreutz. This is a highly symbolic treatise following Rosencreutz through a mystical "wedding" that is actually an alchemical allegory. Alchemy is presented not as the physical transformation of base metals into gold, but rather as a spiritual process in which the "base" person is enlightened, turning into spiritual "gold."

Current push

Probably the best known group is the Ancient Mystical Order Rosea Crucis, otherwise known as AMORC, which operates a mail-order mystical school out of San Jose, California. It was founded by H. Spencer Lewis, an acquaintance if not an actual associate of the English occultist Aleister Crowley (1875-1947) and an ex-member of his Ordo Templi Orientalis.

Source: www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2225/what-is-rosicrucianism-all-about

Join a group with a purpose

"To participate in a movement" is to understand truly the Rosicrucian tradition.​

Pushing freedom

Who was responsible for the introduction of the scientific methods, freedom of thought, the elements of democracy, the advancement of peace and culture, and many more? The philosophers and mystics, many of whom worked within movements and many within the Order.

This short attempt to show the history and tradition of Rosicrucianism points out the significant role it played in the past, and the bright place the future holds for it. Traditionally and historically, the Rosicrucian movement has always fought for the establishment and perpetuation of freedom – the freedom of mind, spirit, and soul. This website is dedicated to that movement.​

Source:
http://www.crcsite.org/rosicrucianism.htm

Today's Saint Louis Org is very a Rosicrucian-esque, mausoleum-like building.

attachment.php

Great post, but a couple of things.

As you mentioned, the Chemical Marriage is an allegory. C.R. is not a man, but Man.

I wouldn't say they have had zero influence on society. Ben Franklin was suppose to be associated. I've heard rumors of Abraham Lincoln's involvement. In modern times, David Bowie was associated with the Ordo Templi Orientis, the cult that Crowley founded. Led Zeppelin's lead guitarist Jimmy Page was very into this stuff, and their music has had a profound effect. Others could be named.

AMORC is probably the best known, but they are pretty watered down. Their curriculum is very stretched out, and rather elementary compared with some more advanced groups. Spencer Lewis was associated with, I think, the Alpha et Omega, which was an early American Golden Dawn group that imploded from internal strife, and splintered into several groups, AMORC being one of them.

The thing to keep in mind is that all of these groups are lower level steps to much more hidden and secretive groups that only approach potential initiates after they have proven themselves amenable to the system in several levels of preparatory groups. Members are completely unaware (usually) of this, and most will never find out.

Freemasonry is an early example of these preparatory and filtering groups, though most, if not all of its current membership are unaware of this function.

Last edited:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
BTW, did you guys notice the 'Golden Dawn' of tech before it became the 'Golden Age'? LOL! I'll bet somebodies' head rolled over that one when Miscaviage found out about this occult stuff.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I think that Miscavige being ousted by one means or other is key. In his prime, LRH, for all his flaws, did a great job identifying the strong points in people and putting them in positions to excel. In that regard he was about as impressive as Ronald Reagan. The only drawback was that it set up a very serious succession crisis.

Miscavige is a micro manager who empowers no one and actually punishes initiative and leadership with the hole. Or worse, in Shelley's case. There's no one in a position to assume leadership. No one. Unless you count Marty or Laurisse (joke).

Good points.

The thing that both Laffy and Slappy have in common, is that neither one of them is preparing for themselves not being on the scene. When that happens, it will be like when Hubbard started goin' tits up. A shit storm of power mongering will occur.

Things are different now than when Hubbard kacked. We will probably hear about it sooner, and in more detail when Darth Midget finds out he bet the wrong horse.

Gib

Crusader
I think that Miscavige being ousted by one means or other is key. In his prime, LRH, for all his flaws, did a great job identifying the strong points in people and putting them in positions to excel. In that regard he was about as impressive as Ronald Reagan. The only drawback was that it set up a very serious succession crisis.

Miscavige is a micro manager who empowers no one and actually punishes initiative and leadership with the hole. Or worse, in Shelley's case. There's no one in a position to assume leadership. No one. Unless you count Marty or Laurisse (joke).

LRH and DM have been milking scientology for all they can get thru marketing/PR/ Rhetoric/Lawyers.

Once DM dies, there will be no repeat of the LRH death event. There is nobody left that can continue and whatever little is left as Int Management, they are have no say and the remanding people will go WTF, who is this person if somebody arises from the ashes.

There are only a few people who can continue it thru PR/Marketing/Rhetoric, they are Tom Cruise, Bob Duggan. Both are old farts as is DM, it's just a matter of time.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
LRH and DM have been milking scientology for all they can get thru marketing/PR/ Rhetoric/Lawyers.

Once DM dies, there will be no repeat of the LRH death event. There is nobody left that can continue and whatever little is left as Int Management, they are have no say and the remanding people will go WTF, who is this person if somebody arises from the ashes.

There are only a few people who can continue it thru PR/Marketing/Rhetoric, they are Tom Cruise, Bob Duggan. Both are old farts as is DM, it's just a matter of time.

Then what do you think will happen to the money?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Then what do you think will happen to the money?

That's the biggest unknown in all of this, particularly with all of those real estate holdings to boot.

If Slappy does the Bulgravian Boogie, he'd be stupid not to motgage the fuck out of them before he runs. Then it's a matter of time before they're seized.

If the cult continues as a zombie cult, then it will be a matter of time before the buildings become a blight and are condemned for being an eyesore.

Edit: who exactly is the signatory on the accounts? Depending on how well that's been micro managed, it could provide for some real lulz once Slappy's liver gives out.

Whattodo

Patron with Honors
That's the biggest unknown in all of this, particularly with all of those real estate holdings to boot.

If Slappy does the Bulgravian Boogie, he'd be stupid not to motgage the fuck out of them before he runs. Then it's a matter of time before they're seized.

If the cult continues as a zombie cult, then it will be a matter of time before the buildings become a blight and are condemned for being an eyesore.

Edit: who exactly is the signatory on the accounts? Depending on how well that's been micro managed, it could provide for some real lulz once Slappy's liver gives out.

And that is beginning to happen in regards the buildings. There are two I know of in the north of England which are falling into disrepair. However the scientologists in that area will tell you they are expecting a huge refurbishment soon and new launch!

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
And that is beginning to happen in regards the buildings. There are two I know of in the north of England which are falling into disrepair. However the scientologists in that area will tell you they are expecting a huge refurbishment soon and new launch!

Didn't that happen in Boston last year, too?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great post, but a couple of things.

As you mentioned, the Chemical Marriage is an allegory. C.R. is not a man, but Man.

I wouldn't say they have had zero influence on society. Ben Franklin was suppose to be associated. I've heard rumors of Abraham Lincoln's involvement. In modern times, David Bowie was associated with the Ordo Templi Orientis, the cult that Crowley founded. Led Zeppelin's lead guitarist Jimmy Page was very into this stuff, and their music has had a profound effect. Others could be named.

AMORC is probably the best known, but they are pretty watered down. Their curriculum is very stretched out, and rather elementary compared with some more advanced groups. Spencer Lewis was associated with, I think, the Alpha et Omega, which was an early American Golden Dawn group that imploded from internal strife, and splintered into several groups, AMORC being one of them.

The thing to keep in mind is that all of these groups are lower level steps to much more hidden and secretive groups that only approach potential initiates after they have proven themselves amenable to the system in several levels of preparatory groups. Members are completely unaware (usually) of this, and most will never find out.

Freemasonry is an early example of these preparatory and filtering groups, though most, if not all of its current membership are unaware of this function.

You mention curriculum and stretched out. I have wondered about hubbard's admissions( which I don't have to hand) but in one of them I think it begins as 'lesson 1' . I was wondering if perhaps hubbard had been using one of these cirriculums and if there were actual instructions or work/exercise books for such which might show how hubbard enhanced, lol, his sadistic destructive traits into the Malignant syndrome he carried on into 'guiding' the development of the cults of dianetics and scientology.
Would there be any current sources available for such instructions or workbooks or cirricula of hubbards participation era?

ETA: I think that scientology will survive in some form while sadistic and other destructive traits exist to any appreciable degree in individuals and thus in our cultures. It is a pretty direct relationship. Looking at all the evidence of harm scientology precipitates through its narcissistic stance and activities, it will take some biophilic work to bring about its necrophilous demise.

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
When the Department of Justice will finally come to understand the full magnitude and extent of the criminality that infuses Scientology...
and brings the full weight of the law down on them...
until that happens, we won't see the end of Scientology.

And until that happens, it's incumbent on critics and ex-scn's to expose, denounce, and ridicule them without mercy, and with truth.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
When the Department of Justice will finally come to understand the full magnitude and extent of the criminality that infuses Scientology...
and brings the full weight of the law down on them...
until that happens, we won't see the end of Scientology.

And until that happens, it's incumbent on critics and ex-scn's to expose, denounce, and ridicule them without mercy, and with truth.

I think as long as the cult has the official cloak of religion....DOJ won't touch it. (So that would have to get overthrown first, and I think it's not likely.) A few exceptions would include child abuse or murder. But things like hard labor in the SO or disconnection or predatory regging....what do they care? Government/law doesn't care that an adult daughter won't talk to her mother, e.g., that's just not an issue to them.

The more I think about this, don't expect any government institution to go after Scn to ban it or anything like that. They are firmly wrapped in the cloak of religion.

But imagine, if you will, that DM and TC together write a tell-all book that basically says, "you know, it really was all BS anyway, there's no OT 8 or 9, and we're sick of keeping it afloat, so we're outta here!" and TC announces his impending transgender operation and engagement to DM. :biggrin:

Something like that just MIGHT jolt the hard-core believers out of their stupor.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Boston new England?

Yes, it's probably been more than a year now, but there was a big scandal with this historical hotel they acquired that fell into disrepair and was drawing unwanted attention from the authorities.

PeterPier

Patron
So how and when do people forsee the end of the scientology organisation?

Hmm, given that it NEVER had a large following (at its height in the mid 70's it had no more than 5 digits of active members worldwide), I'd say that the organized "church" side will just dry up until it is basically just S.O. At that point DM will either implode (off himself) or retire with all the assets that can be legally removed from the US (which is a LOT of the total) and set up a new religious H.Q. with him and a few clergy (servants) to run "world wide operations". All VERY legal.

On the Indie clam side of things I think it will continue to dwindle as it has been for the last few years (after a SHORT boom due to M&M, Dan C., Debbie, et al pulling people out of the church) because after decompression most finally got that it was all a scam.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
The end of scientology ?

Those white things are sun bleached ribs of a deadhorse called scientology.

barely80

So how and when do people forsee the end of the scientology organisation?

There are two very powerful people on the planet today that will not allow the end of Scientology to occur. MR & Al. They are both performing the necessary acts to fulfill their respective postulates in that regard. One is seemingly absent while the other is clearly present re: Scientology and the Internet World.