The Handmaid's Tale Series 2

Discussion in 'Scientology Celebrities' started by lionheart, Jun 10, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Interesting where this is going now it is moving on from Atwood's original story. I wonder what the writers are intending to depict and the impact it might have on Scientologist Elisabeth Moss.

Tonight on British TV, episode 4 series 2 showed lovely aunt Lydia giving Moss's character a Severe Reality Adjustment by shocking her over an execution and Lydia then enforced a valance shift on her where she commanded her to shed her previous identity to fully adopt the "Offred" identity, through shock and guilt.

Moss's character accepts that the execution and family split is her fault and actually says to herself that she must have done something really bad in the past that she is not aware of!

Wouldn't it be interesting if the writers depict more and more scientological brain washing techniques and Moss doesn't realise it. Or maybe she will....

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I doubt that anything they do will have any significant impact on her. I imagine that her handlers within CoS have bullbaited her to within an inch of her life, to desensitize her to issues that may come up on her show, and that they're keeping a very close eye on her to make sure she doesn't come to her senses.

But I hope I'm wrong!

3. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    Tell me something. I've read reviews that this is a dark and depressing series.
    So I haven't checked it out (season one) at the local library. Is it worthwhile?
    Is it entertaining or just a glum death march through a dystopian world?
    I'm curious.

Always looking for good TV.

4. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Lionheart? Is that really you???

Please tell me it's really you! :happydance:

5. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

It depends on how willfully blinded Moss has become. But there is certainly some evidence that exposing 'brainwashing' outside the direct influence of the scientology bubble might 'crack her case' and let some light shine in. Thanks Steve Hassan and Leonard Cohen.

6. lionheart

'Tis I. Is that really you?

Been 7 years since I was here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  7. lionheart

Yes, there is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in!

8. lionheart

Recently - on The Handmaid's Tale, we saw the slave workforce of an "RPF", the heroine "blew" and was "recovered"

9. Emma

Yeah it's really me.

How are you? What have you been up to the last 7 years?

10. lionheart

Retired.

Write a bit. As Donovan said "Retired writer in the Sun"

Been pursuing my aim for further enlightenment, which Hubber-Blub failed to kill in me! Realised there is nothing to aim for. All is well, right here!

So very many quality metaphysical works that put LRH to shame.

Enjoyed the Leah Remini programs and now back to The Handmaid's Tale....

11. Emma

I've been enjoying Season 2 but not as much as Season 1. It seems to have stalled a little, although the last few episodes have shown a glimpse of hope.

Elizabeth Moss is an exceptional actress. Don't hold your breath that she'll wake up from Scientology because of HT, instead I think it will just make her believe Scn is more important than ever to "Clear the Planet" before "Gilead" becomes a reality.

12. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe just this once I will say I so hope you are wrong wrong wrong Emma. Let's hope, while still taking breaths, that Elizabeth Moss comes here to post and thanks you for starting and continuing to maintain ESMB and that your having done so helped her wake up.
    Would that be evidence that 3 wrongs make a right?

13. lionheart

I suppose season 2 doesn't have the quality of Atwood's writing and there are holes in the plot-line. But it seems more Scientologesque in its scenarios.