The Mayo Challenge

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by TheRealNoUser, Apr 26, 2011.

Tags:
View Users: View Users
  1. I think Survival Rd was a very good processing. Applied out of the suppressive context of the CofS could change the life of people for the better!

2. Here I am! An old friend. ciao Julie! (I aslo joined only few days ago when I heard from a friend that David was writing here!)

3. The way you put is that whatever David or Julie may say or someone else for that matter may say is wrong because you think already very bad about them. So no need to convince you. you have your ideas and nobody can change them

4. TheRealNoUser

TheRealNoUser Patron with Honors

So you think that Mayo did not help to create the most destructive cult on the planet? He played no part in it?

The fact is Mayo was no ordinary member of Scientology. Even the current people such as Miscavige, Rinder, Rathbun etc were not in LRH's close circle to the point where they were actually writing the tech (whether it was later changed to LRH authorship or not). Nobody was in this position except Mayo. He was a co-creator of the "tech". So yes, I do think negatively of him.

He subsequently became a victim of the organization that he helped create, so that immunizes him from criticism? I don't think so.

I accept now that the Mayos are never going to say anything useful. It is apparent that they are under legal obligation to keep quiet. All we will hear will be wishy-washy good-roads good-weather type of stuff.

5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

You were expected to agree. You were just handled by a Scientology PR presenting you with "acceptable truths" (things with which you could agree).

6. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Your fight appears less about the organised intentional criminal activities and policies of CoS and more about who to blame for NOTs.

A loss of friends or family?

7. We (on staff) have been all part of the game: we have been both actors and victims (personally i never felt victim even if I had some loss and problem when I left the Church). I have also been Executive and C/S in Italy, and I went out from the Church in early 83, when I considered that it was time to go out, because with my V/P of that time the bad I was involved with override the good. You should try to go out from the rationale: CofS is a cult so everything was bad, and everybody was (is) a liar or worst a criminal or a victim. We have learned in Scn that mind health is ability to find differences. :) and also we should try to get the best from the experiences we lived in the past if only for the lessons we have learned (ohhh! I feel very wise today!)

8. TheRealNoUser

TheRealNoUser Patron with Honors

So, getting back to part of my original post . . .

Does anyone here think that LRH will "return in his next lifetime to reassume his tech hats"?
    a. It's impossible. We live once and die, that's it.
    b. He's already back, but is waiting to announce himself.
    c. He tried but Miscavige put him in the RPF.
    d. He is face-down in a bowl of custard.

9. VaD

VaD Banned

1. Word "cult" is very charged (for those who have found themselves that they were in a cult)

How about we first look up all the definitions and decide what "cult" are we talking about?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cult
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sect
    http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?lextype=3&search=cult
    2. No doubt Scn has been a cult for a long time (perhaps, from its very beginning. - No argument there).
    Yet, I don't think that Scn is "the most destructive cult on the planet"... There have been more destructive ones.

3. How does creating a tech constitute a cult?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    (Look through definitions above before answering, please)

10. VaD

VaD Banned

Answer to what's in red above.

It's called "Reductio ad Hitlerum".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  11. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I certainly wasn't jeering him but I will PM him now to make sure he knows that, though I would think that is already very clear as only an hour before I had posted in full support of him on this same thread.

12. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I don't think anyone posting here should have to run the gauntlet of people jumping up and down to be noticed with their versions of the tech etc and getting demands and nasty comments, no matter who they are.
    Just my 2c.

13. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

You are such a cool person. I really mean that. Ok, I'm in gush mode but it's sincere. :)

14. Infinite

Infinite Crusader

My mum used to say: "I've told you 50 million times not to exaggerate" ; )

There was initial doubt that it was actually David Mayo but comprehensive confirmation quickly dispelled that amongst the observant. David was then warmly greeted - neigh, fawned over and described as "royalty - friendly banter quickly sprang up and David has been thoroughly welcomed. Some here are clearly "on his side" and take pains to point out his positive contribution to Scientology and, over and over again, that he is bound by some sort of legal stricture on what he can and cannot say. David has also been challenged with some flat-out blunt questions and pointed observations. This is the internet, after all, not some tea'n bikkies tête-à-tête. In a peculiar male sort of way, someone challenging you is a display of respect and toughness. Unless you've had a brew in the shearing shed or a smoko at the plant, its kinda hard to explain. David hasn't backed down. He has contributed significantly himself in pointing out who he is, what he's up to, what he's thinking about, and what he's doing posting here. I don't think he's has failed to address a direct question that he can answer, but he has kept himself away from the few, mainly light hearted squabbles that have flared up. Very wise.

The idea that David Mayo has been badly treated or even "crucified" is, IMHO, based on emotion and not the rational observation of the goings on at ESMB. Either that, or there's more than one PR programme going on in this thread.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  15. Infinite

Infinite Crusader

Yes please. Tomorrow would be good - its not like they haven't had any time to think about it.

16. justsayin'

justsayin' Patron with Honors

who cares WHERE he is? time to move on!

i think it was very clear who you were jeering. does that make it right? (rhetorical question, no need to answer)

17. I told you I was trouble

But I will answer ... I didn't like watching someone being fawned over and being pushed into guru mode, it makes me sick but I also felt it was potentially harmful to David Mayo as it puts him under pressure to perform.

If you object to that, tough.

18. justsayin'

all i saw was that she was waiting for her friend to speak. no big deal about that.

19. I told you I was trouble

Goody for you ... I saw something quite different.

20. justsayin'

okay then... fawn away. :)