What's new

The Moral Core and how to control people

exthetan

Patron
LRH has said that "Man is basically good". He also said on the XDN tapes that "A thetan is stubborn. He never gives in."

I think it is generally accepted that humans have a moral core. Whether one refers to karma, O/W sequence, problems and solutions or whatever, a person will not do something unless they believe it is the "right thing to do" whether others see it as justified or not.

The way to take a group of people and get them to follow orders is to convince them that there actions serve a higher purpose and is therefore the "right thing to do" even though they may not agree. This is the way to overcome "Thetan stubbornness" and resistance. It allows one to bypass their personal moral core and fell right about doing wrong.

We have seen this time and again: People following Hitlers orders to kill the jews because "they were sub-human and parasitic"; the Syrian President gassing his own citizens because "they are rebellious enemies of the State" and of course the well documented inhumanities the Scientology against its own flock and staff in the name of "Clearing the planet and greatest good across the dynamics".

In all these cases, humanity supresses its moral core "for the greater good". It is a well known mechanism for controlling the masses.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
The so-called reactive mind is also a key part of Hubbard's strategy.

Anyone who disagrees with scientology is simply allowing their reactive mind to control them. The scientologist should ignore that person's objections and control the person until they are capable of using their own analytical mind. Then they will be able to think rationally and will obviously agree with everything scientology says.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
LRon Hubbard said:
"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them."

- L. Ron Hubbard, "Off the Time Track," lecture of June 1952, excerpted in JOURNAL OF SCIENTOLOGY issue 18-G, reprinted in TECHNICAL VOLUMES OF DIANETICS & SCIENTOLOGY, vol. 1, p. 418

:whistling:

Edit~ I should maybe add a bit about my take on 'moral core', it is this. Its decisions, all through the dichotomy/paradox within our minds, powered by common sense and the life within us, that allows us to be for or against that which is dangerous/destructive to life and all that it encompasses. Picking out and using/becoming a part of, the best of our nature, and relentlessly resisting that which tears it apart in so many, many awful ways.
In this reality we are at battle with ourselves to figure it out, despite us. Want, need, greed, it all skews humanity into doing terrible things to ourselves and our beautiful spacecraft Earth, and it is ver sad.. :(
Moral compass? Yup. Got one I think. I store it in my heart.

a-Yup, time fer me to stop blabbering I 'suspose, I go now. :dancer: :bong: :fire:

:cheers:

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
LRH has said that "Man is basically good". He also said on the XDN tapes that "A thetan is stubborn. He never gives in."

I think it is generally accepted that humans have a moral core. Whether one refers to karma, O/W sequence, problems and solutions or whatever, a person will not do something unless they believe it is the "right thing to do" whether others see it as justified or not.

The way to take a group of people and get them to follow orders is to convince them that there actions serve a higher purpose and is therefore the "right thing to do" even though they may not agree. This is the way to overcome "Thetan stubbornness" and resistance. It allows one to bypass their personal moral core and fell right about doing wrong.

We have seen this time and again: People following Hitlers orders to kill the jews because "they were sub-human and parasitic"; the Syrian President gassing his own citizens because "they are rebellious enemies of the State" and of course the well documented inhumanities the Scientology against its own flock and staff in the name of "Clearing the planet and greatest good across the dynamics".

In all these cases, humanity supresses its moral core "for the greater good". It is a well known mechanism for controlling the masses.

hmmm maybe there is an ''assist" that can be done to help that along. Step zero, dead agent the persons existing moral code.
uhmmm how could that be done? oh I know...a moral code comes from being reasonable, or from a reactive mind, or implanted religions......and how do we know this? because of course hubbard is an authority? but how did hubbard become an authority?
Oh, I know he answered that in DMSMH, he cleared over 200 individuals and no one ever before him ever cleared anybody..

But that is old stuff and hubbard is dead. ahh yah...so how does DM get to be the authority? Well uhmmm thuggery and empty castles on the ground and photo shoots and provable bullshit make him an authority.

I might be back later, after the hypnotism and the J&D wears off....:biggrin:

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

The way to get a good person to do bad things, is to convince him that it's the only way to avoid worse things.

In the case of Scientology, once you buy into the idea that Scientology is the only way to "free people", and that if Scientology ever fails, then everyone is condemned to Hell on Earth, then pretty-much anything can be rationalized.

Governments have used the approach for thousands of years.

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
I believe that acceptance of a moral code is a matter of choice. Majority of the people follow normal moral codes that prohibit the murder, rape, etc., because they were raised to accept these moral codes. It is very hard to override a normal system of rules and accept something sinister; that is why the cults have very few members.

Nazi Germany was an exception, for the reasons that are currently poorly understood the entire nation chose to follow Hitler. Well, let's hope that the distortion of this magnitude will never happen again.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I believe that acceptance of a moral code is a matter of choice. Majority of the people follow normal moral codes that prohibit the murder, rape, etc., because they were raised to accept these moral codes. It is very hard to override a normal system of rules and accept something sinister; that is why the cults have very few members.

Nazi Germany was an exception, for the reasons that are currently poorly understood the entire nation chose to follow Hitler. Well, let's hope that the distortion of this magnitude will never happen again.

I don't think Nazi Germany was an exception. Hitler was able to sell his agenda because the German people thought they were under threat, and harsh measures were the only way to get out of it. Much like Scientology.

If Scientology had ever gotten to the point where they could imprison people in concentration camps for simply opposing, or even annoying, the powers-that-be, you think DM wouldn't go for it? Think about The Hole at Int Base, and tell me DM would not be opposed to greatly expanding it if he could.

RogerB

Crusader
Alan Walter said it rather well . . . . "Case is simply the accumulation of wrong answer solutions."

That in the context of, being confronted with a necessary decision in trying circumstances, the guy came up with a wrong answer that later causes harm.

Lots of reasons why folks in the present human game are doing nutty things . . . but basically it all stems from earlier wrong answer solutions.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Alan Walter said it rather well . . . . "Case is simply the accumulation of wrong answer solutions."

That in the context of, being confronted with a necessary decision in trying circumstances, the guy came up with a wrong answer that later causes harm.

Lots of reasons why folks in the present human game are doing nutty things . . . but basically it all stems from earlier wrong answer solutions.

If life is a game where does that leave The Moral Code?

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
I don't think Nazi Germany was an exception. Hitler was able to sell his agenda because the German people thought they were under threat, and harsh measures were the only way to get out of it. Much like Scientology.

If Scientology had ever gotten to the point where they could imprison people in concentration camps for simply opposing, or even annoying, the powers-that-be, you think DM wouldn't go for it? Think about The Hole at Int Base, and tell me DM would not be opposed to greatly expanding it if he could.

If DM thought it would increase revenue they would be burning people in cages and having public beheadings .

I think this internal moral code is one reason I am somewhat of a natural introvert. I think I fear having this moral code disturbed by close association with others. Actually went through this in processing some.
I think it one reason many don't want responsibility and are comfortable doing most anything while following orders. An example the Stanford prison experiment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

I think what happened in Nazi Germany was more of a hijacking of people's self preservation instinct. It will happen again .

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

I dunno Rog; Hubbard said something similar about solutions becoming problems so I see a possible piggybacking going on here and to do that game is well....risky.

Meanwhile back at the click and dive down another rabbit hole.. I am just starting Martha Stout's book on the sociopath next door and she has also written some other books which I hope to get around to reading also.
Then there is her blog:

https://psychopathyawareness.wordpress.com/category/martha-stout/

I am certain there are many more researchers and authors in this area. There is so much to learn and probably a tonne of views...not viewpoints cause they don't have any MEST to them :coolwink:

But a little more direct to the OP about Moral Code....well another rabbit hole, Virtues oh and respect..

okay for a little moral relaxation

Respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself
If you don't respect yourself
Ain't nobody gonna give a good cahoot, na na na na
Respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself, respect yourself

If you're walking 'round think'n that the world owes you something 'cause you're here
You goin' out the world backwards like you did when you first come here yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnJtgggdhdg

Free Being Me

Crusader

There's no such thing as "case," that's one of Elcon's big league sales marketing ploys trying to convince people there's something wrong with them and only Elcon has the "cure" a la culty $cientology. Alan just rebranded $cientology working over a few terms setting himself up as a $cio knock-off guru. Furthermore, making mistakes is a part of life. It's how people learn and (hopefully) mature. $cientology is a dead end cult of unrealistic idealistic perfectionism. Speaking for myself after experiencing $cientology firsthand I have no need for $cientology or $cio type gurus soapboxing their wares.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
ITYIWT

I working on that as a course to be delivered online at only $1 per pixel. I am looking for an OTGURU wannabe to deliver it. You want to volunteer or just sign a Billion year contract to supervise it at 1cent per pixel? :biggrin:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are a lot of control mechanisms in Scientology designed to override a person's moral orientation to be sure but people also begin to integrate their personal self interests with it.

I could generate a long list but one that really stands out for me is on staff, when another staff member leaves their burden falls onto the remaining crew. The impact is dramatic and immediate. So there is a strong motivation to do whatever it takes to keep other staff from leaving and to get new people on staff. If routing someone onto the RPF gets their head straight about remaining on staff then that is a good thing. We all know by now that recruiters lie and hide the true state of affairs and quality of life on staff but we disregard this and place a high value on recruiters if it means getting a new recruit. This can be rationalized as a desire to "Clear the Planet", get stats up, "forward Command Intention", etc. but on the most basic level it is simply trying to survive.

phenomanon

Canyon
There's no such thing as "case," that's one of Elcon's big league sales marketing ploys trying to convince people there's something wrong with them and only Elcon has the "cure" a la culty $cientology. Alan just rebranded $cientology working over a few terms setting himself up as a $cio knock-off guru. Furthermore, making mistakes is a part of life. It's how people learn and (hopefully) mature. $cientology is a dead end cult of unrealistic idealistic perfectionism. Speaking for myself after experiencing $cientology firsthand I have no need for $cientology or $cio type gurus soapboxing their wares.

Amen to that! I've got enough going on in my head without letting those loonies in there again.:angry:
I still dream that I'm auditing in my sleep sometimes. Remote Auditing. LOL:melodramatic:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've read several books by people who have escaped North Korea and the similarities between that regime and scientology are staggering.

As regards a "higher purpose", they believe their leaders - the Kim regime - are like gods and the "imperialists" are the enemy.

According to the latest book I'm reading, when studying arithmetic at school a typical question would be: "If you kill one American bastard and your comrade kills two American bastards how many American bastards have been killed?".

It is mind control on a national scale.

guanoloco

As-Wased

If DM thought it would increase revenue they would be burning people in cages and having public beheadings .

I think this internal moral code is one reason I am somewhat of a natural introvert. I think I fear having this moral code disturbed by close association with others. Actually went through this in processing some.
I think it one reason many don't want responsibility and are comfortable doing most anything while following orders. An example the Stanford prison experiment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

I think what happened in Nazi Germany was more of a hijacking of people's self preservation instinct. It will happen again .

An excellent book, "The Day the Bubble Burst", gives history up to and after the stock market crash of 1929.

As worthless as U.S. currency was during the Depression at 1 point 1 U.S. dollar was equivalent to 3 million German marks.

Think of that for a moment.

There had always been Nazis and during the Roaring 20s they were reviled and laughed at. When the Depressiin hit people listened. International banks and bankers were blamed for what happened. This group had been a Jewish cartel for centuries. Henry Ford had recently written a book entitled "The International Jew" lambasting this group.

People in desparation reach for desparate measures. Had that economic duress not occurred I doubt the Nazis would've gotten control.