The Oblivion Rundown

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Justine156, May 3, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah, in the old days we called this Miscellaneous Incoherent Bullshit.

We stuck with her long enough for her to develop some direction but it wasn't happening and as a chew toy it came apart too quickly to be much fun.

I don't think she was a Scientology troll as her knowledge of the subject seemed superficial and second hand but trolling for the sake of trolling is still trolling.

Thank you Emma.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

My experience was different there. I PM'ed with her at length and she was never anything but "normal" and polite. I told her scn was mostly a bunch of shit and about the only thing I still thought was useful were the TR's. She asked a lot of good questions and I answered them to the best of my ability or provided links. Her behavior on the main board was so different from how she was in PM that it was almost like a different person. (Maybe it actually WAS a different person. See Enthetan's post above. :))

It's possible she was trying to cultivate me as an ally to drive a wedge between me and the rest of the board. I considered that possibility even while we were PM'ing. I never put down the board or the other members, though.

I told her not to "go full retard" early on this thread because she'd used the expression herself when we were talking, so I knew she was familiar with it, in case you were wondering if a French person would know that one.

Her claim that she's from France is credible. She exchanged some very good French with lotus. My French is now very rusty and I was never fluent, but je peux parler un peu le Francais. I used to be able to read a novel in French, with a dictionary.

A couple nights ago I happened to see an old classmate of mine who recently retired from Reuter's news service. He has lived in Paris for many years. I took the opportunity to ask him about awareness of scn in France. Maybe I'll talk about that another time. Have to go right now.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  3. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Justine's thread is going so much better now that she is vacationing in the South of France. LOL.

It would be very fascinating if trolls like Marty Rathbun, Alanzo and others were capable of telling the truth, because then they could answer this mystifying question:

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU HOPING TO ACCOMPLISH HERE?

Alas, they would/could never answer such a question. Because, for starters, it's against the TROLL CODE OF HONOR, which ethically & emphatically states:

"Your integrity to yourself gaming, grandstanding
    schadenfreude is more important than your
    body sanity."

Alors Justine, VIP. (vacation in peace) Au revoir mon cher petit OT. (Operating Troll)

4. uncover

uncover Gold Meritorious Patron

Its all only about (obsessive) "control".... to dominate others.... for own benefit...

Edit - addendum:
    If the control couldn't be achieved as desired, the attempts become more and more obsessed....

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  5. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

pineapple said:
    Continued ...
    So I asked this old friend of mine, "What's the awareness of scn like in France? Is it on people's mental radar there?"

"Oh, they know about it," he said. "They know it's a dangerous cult."
    "Well," I asked, "do they know the details?"
    "Like what?" he said.
    "Well," I said, "do they know about Xenu?"
    He said, "Xenu? Who's Xenu?"

Turned out he had never heard the Xenu story. So I proceeded to tell it to him, with much hilarity on his part, and mine too. This was the first time I'd ever had to explain the whole thing to someone from scratch. And I was struck by how ridiculous it sounded.

I didn't find out about Xenu myself until I'd been out of scn for several years and read Bent Corydon's "Messiah or Madman." I had picked up some hint of the BT's very early in my scn career (from the OT who gave me my intro lecture) and I'd guessed that OT III dealt with some sort of whole track super-engram, but I'd never even heard the word "Xenu" and didn't know any details of "Incident II." When I read about it in Bent's book, it really didn't surprise me. I could see how after years of running whole track incidents you might be ready to accept it. (I think Hubbard kept increasing the amount of Dns needed over the years to better "prepare the ground" for it. That's the true meaning of "reality equals charge off the case.")

But anyone else I've ever talked to about it knew at least the general outline of the story. This was the first time I've had to go

Last edited: May 7, 2018