The purpose of life

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Helena Handbasket, Aug 28, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Shouldn't it be the purposes of life and wouldn't everyone's be different?

That's one problem with the scientology mind set, it creates the idea that you are the author of other people's lives.

2. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

I stated the purpose of life is to (with one minor change):

(1) To follow your dreams
    (2) To help others, and
    (3) To have fun To enjoy life.

For (1) there is an infinite variety of possible dreams. So that right there posits different stokes for different folks. And (2) and (3) can have variations too.

Although I suppose people don't necessarily have all three.

Helena

3. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Scientology - A Living Quicksand of Souls

When I took a desk job and thus became an indoor cat at the county level of government before I retired I knew I was going to have problems with formatting my letters & memos correctly. Rather than bothering to reeducate myself in those arts I simply went through the file cabinets looking for the best examples of letters written by my predecessors and used them as masters to copy from in writing letters myself. No one picked up on what I was doing and just thought I wrote great letters! But I wore out those copies I used as correct examples. One could possibly save a great post into one's drafts in one's email and copy/past it into a new one and overwrite that text with yours but leaving the punctuation correct as in the original. If one cared that much!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  4. screamer2

screamer2 Occam's Ball Crusher

Many of the illiterate professional personnel I worked with devised and applied similar successful strategies.
    It's an art form.

5. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Scientology - A Living Quicksand of Souls

Just like any other form of mimicry, people learned Scientology by mimicking Hubbard, learned to label others by mimicking Hubbard etc., etc. No time to reinvent the wheel when you're busy pulling the cart.
    - There, I just came up with a new slogan I'll use when I'm up to my ears in work and have no time to rethink the entire scope of the project from top to bottom.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List