What's new

The RPF on the Sea Org ship "Excalibur"

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
As I have turned 60 years old this year, I thought I would record my RPF story for posterity. I originally wrote my story in January, 2011, but after finishing Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's bio, I decided to rewrite my RPF adventure with the same type of documentation and effort that I put into her story. This story is for the time period of February, 1974 to February, 1975. It in no way negates all of the horror stories already published about the RPF. It is simply my story.

This story is documented with two RPF newsletters, four pictures, twelve commendations and ten success stories.

If you care to read it, it is published here -
http://scientolipedia.org/info/The_Excalibur's_Rehabilitation_Project_Force_(RPF)

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

Veda

Sponsor
As I have turned 60 years old this year, I thought I would record my RPF story for posterity. I originally wrote my story in January, 2011, but after finishing Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's bio, I decided to rewrite my RPF adventure with the same type of documentation and effort that I put into her story. This story is for the time period of February, 1974 to February, 1975. It in no way negates all of the horror stories already published about the RPF. It is simply my story.

This story is documented with two RPF newsletters, four pictures, twelve commendations and ten success stories.

http://scientolipedia.org/info/The_Excalibur's_Rehabilitation_Project_Force_(RPF)

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

Did you know at the time that you were regarded as a Degraded Being and a salvageable psychotic?

Did you mind that?

Were you happy just to be near "Source" even though on the bottom rung of the ladder to Total Freedom?

Has it occurred to you that thought-reform really does work?, sometimes influencing a person decades after he's left the cult that, using gradients of deception, tricked him into agreeing to be thought-reformed, and to the point of requiring a Success Story and "VGIs" from the thought-reform-ee?

Has it occurred to you that you were, to a large extent, already a compliant cult member before being sent to the RPF?

Just as Hubbard's Intelligence tech instructed the use of many channels of influence and (usually covert) attack, so does Scientology - over all - use many channels, or avenues, or ways, to "assert and maintain dominion over the thoughts and loyalties of individuals." The RPF was one of the less subtle channels or ways.

After you left the RPF you were still IN Scientology, albeit, as a "rehabilitated degraded being."

You were in a mind-control cult, dude.

Your fond memories of the RPF are akin to a long term prison inmate fondly reflecting upon his delight at unexpectedly having a jelly donut on his dinner tray.

Frankly, this stuff is just plain creepy to read. And I use that level of candor as you are actively promoting the RPF, which is an insidious form of "rehabilitation" for those inside a cult (the Sea Org), which is, in turn, itself, inside a cult (over all Scientology).

And of course it negates the horror stories, and the message is plain: "The RPF was pretty cool, but has been squirreled."

Bad message.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

I was in the RPF in the UK, there were times when we ate OK compared to the main crew. There were times when I had pleasure walking through the forest seeing deer, but overall the not speaking till spoken to, the way the staff looked down on us, the pig birthing and the laps. No way was it a pleasure moment, it's taken me years to get any self esteem back. People in poverty can have a close community feeling, people who survive disasters or wars have the same thing, it doesn't justify anything. If you are in Auschwitz sharing a pea would be like heaven, but step back from that happy moment and you see the real picture.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
In 1981 I was assigned to the RPF. I refused to go. You had to sign a paper stating that you were in agreement with the order and I refused to sign. I was a NOTS auditor at that time and told them that they could either fire me and kick me out or put me back on post but I would not go to the RPF. I ended up back on post after a brief ethics handling.

I feel the RPF is an evil, mind controlling, method to make less of human beings. The "crimes" people were sent to the RPF for were not crimes in the real world. The "crimes" were only crimes in Ron's world or someone forwarding Ron's Psychosis. I agree with what Veda said earlier on this thread.

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
A good write up. I spent 6 months on the RPF at Flag in 1978 and didn't find it particularly traumatic either. I saw a lot of people benefit from it aswell.
A minor correction - Flag was never in the Mediterranean after the RPF was created.

Veda

Sponsor
A good write up. I spent 6 months on the RPF at Flag in 1978 and didn't find it particularly traumatic either. I saw a lot of people benefit from it as well.

A minor correction - Flag was never in the Mediterranean after the RPF was created.

Ralph, now that you're here, extolling the benefits of the RPF at Flag in 1978, are you ready to share the details of your discoveries on the pain and sex implants?

Please help us humanoids. Please!

From a discussion over at Marty's blog from a whle back, titled "The Second Dynamic'. Wrote veteran FZ auditor, and FZ Opinion Leader, Ralph Hilton:

"Sex was heavily implanted using techniques which I won't post on this open forum... I know the issue 'Pain and Sex' was quite unpopular in some circles. Current society is quite dependent on procreation for its existence."

The post then asserted the importance of thoroughly completing both OT 2 and OT 3, in preparation, it would seem, for the eventual addressing of the Pain and Sex whole track implants.

In a more recent post on Marty's blog, just the other day, Heidrun Beer, who is advocating Clearbird's (actual) "GPM" (Actual [not implants] Goals, Problem, Mass) procedure, received a response from Ralph.

Ralph asserted that a Clear and an OT 2 completion would have no GPMs whatsoever, and that any problems would arise from:

"The two main things that aberrate people - pain and sex. LRH got considerable kick back from that."

Ralph added:

"The fights and endless 'games' that go on in the FZ are not the result of GPMs, but something that needs to be addressed at a higher level."

Ralph, if you see this, could you tell us if you're currently delivering auditing which addresses Pain and Sex whole track implants?

Can you tell us the results?

Could you possibly tell us the implants? and the procedure for running them?

If what you say is true, then the peace and tranquility, and future expansion of the Scientology FZ, may depend on your making known, and applied, your Pain and Sex procedures.

____________​

HCO BULLETIN OF 26 AUGUST 1982

PAIN AND SEX

There are two items in this universe that cause more trouble than many others combined.

One is PAIN.

The other is SEX...

Despite the false data of Freud, psychologists, psychiatrists and other criminals, they are not native to a being. They are only artificial wavelengths. They have exact frequencies that can be manufactured. A being or a machine can synthesize either one.

Destructive creatures who do not want people big or reaching—since they are terrified of punishment due to their crimes—invented pain and sex to shrink people and cut their alertness, knowingness, power and reach...

These are data which emerged from recent thorough research of the whole track. This is not theory or some strange opinion. It is provable electronic fact. The waves are just synthesized.

They are the most-used tools in the campaign against beings in furthering the general goal of those creatures whose sole ambition is destruction. The universe does not happen to be either destructive or chaotic except as such obsessed creeps make it.

L. Ron Hubbard

lronhubbardcolor.jpg

The Homo Saps balked at the Commodore's pain and sex discoveries.
They didn't like the RPF either.

pkatz

Patron with Honors
From your scientolopedia riff on the rpf, Howard

Quote from avatarBrian, March 30, 2011 at 12:49 am;

• Hi. I was on the “Excal” as a new recruit on the Deck Project Force in late ’73 and attained “Able Bodied Seaman” in Dec. and went off to ASHO... the captain was Paul Katz and another guy (Michael Maurer??)who had lots of U.S.Coast guard experience who was an incredible guy. Thanks again-Brian-

HA! Thanks for the promotion Brian., but no, I wasn't Captain. The ship went from Bob Young to Alan Long to Dave Murphy to Jessup to Scotty to Riggs. I sailed with all six. Per Riggs the old girl was sold and as the last SO Master he delivered her to the East Coast.

The ship and crew fared best under Alan Long and we had great times. Paul and Kenda Ingraham, Bob and Tina Rosenstein, Bruce Lowdermilk, Pat Hunter, Yvonne Gillingham Press and Husband Gary, Ken and Karen Ostrov, Urban Roman, and, and, and. We all really liked one another. Things started going downhill fast when offloaded Apollo crew started showing up at the top of the Excalibur org board. -pk

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
Hi Veda,

You seem to be very obsessed with Pain and Sex implants.

Scientology can help you with that.

Unfortunately the technology for addressing these implants requires a special building with numerous pieces of special equipment to gradiently restimulate the implants and erase them.

Would you like to make a donation toward the building?

For a mere $100,000 you could have your name on a cornerstone brick and a box of toilet rolls with DM's picture printed on every single sheet!

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

You seem to be very obsessed with Pain and Sex implants.

-snip-

All us Homo Saps are obsessed with our implants. We can't help it. As a Clear and OT you know that.

It was you who wrote of Hubbard's Pain and Sex HCOB:

"Sex was heavily implanted using techniques which I won't post on this open forum... I know the issue 'Pain and Sex' was quite unpopular in some circles. Current society is quite dependent on procreation for its existence."

And it was you who wrote of the RPF:

"I saw a lot of people benefit from it as well."

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
In 1981 I was assigned to the RPF. I refused to go. You had to sign a paper stating that you were in agreement with the order and I refused to sign. I was a NOTS auditor at that time and told them that they could either fire me and kick me out or put me back on post but I would not go to the RPF. I ended up back on post after a brief ethics handling.

I feel the RPF is an evil, mind controlling, method to make less of human beings. The "crimes" people were sent to the RPF for were not crimes in the real world. The "crimes" were only crimes in Ron's world or someone forwarding Ron's Psychosis. I agree with what Veda said earlier on this thread.

Yeah, I was "assigned" to the PAC RPF in 74/5? So was Linda Frempter, the Chief Div VI reg at ASHO, WE told 'em to goto hell..too and that 'worked' = perhaps i should write a success story and do a few videos about my big win?

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

IIRC,

hubbard said somewhere

the only thing you have is willingness from people

I was happy to read your post as I ran into a similar but much less degrading sit when I was staff, class 4 org at the time. I wasn't willing to do what the EO wanted me to do, I just flat out said "NO". The EO stormed out of the room. :laugh:

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Did you know at the time that you were regarded as a Degraded Being and a salvageable psychotic?

Did you mind that?

Were you happy just to be near "Source" even though on the bottom rung of the ladder to Total Freedom?

Has it occurred to you that thought-reform really does work?, sometimes influencing a person decades after he's left the cult that, using gradients of deception, tricked him into agreeing to be thought-reformed, and to the point of requiring a Success Story and "VGIs" from the thought-reform-ee?

Has it occurred to you that you were, to a large extent, already a compliant cult member before being sent to the RPF?

Just as Hubbard's Intelligence tech instructed the use of many channels of influence and (usually covert) attack, so does Scientology - over all - use many channels, or avenues, or ways, to "assert and maintain dominion over the thoughts and loyalties of individuals." The RPF was one of the less subtle channels or ways.

After you left the RPF you were still IN Scientology, albeit, as a "rehabilitated degraded being."

You were in a mind-control cult, dude.

Your fond memories of the RPF are akin to a long term prison inmate fondly reflecting upon his delight at unexpectedly having a jelly donut on his dinner tray.

Frankly, this stuff is just plain creepy to read. And I use that level of candor as you are actively promoting the RPF, which is an insidious form of "rehabilitation" for those inside a cult (the Sea Org), which is, in turn, itself, inside a cult (over all Scientology).

And of course it negates the horror stories, and the message is plain: "The RPF was pretty cool, but has been squirreled."

Bad message.

Veda:

I respect that you have a right to your opinion and your right to express it, I just don't have to agree with it.

I do not believe that someone's character should be judged based off of one article. All I have done is publish my personal story of my time on the Excalibur's RPF.

I have been out of Scientology since December of 1977. Both of my children knew I was part of Scientology and the books were always readily available to them, but I never mentioned Scientology unless they asked about it.

My RPF story is but one chapter of my adventure with Scientology. My progeny will now know fully my time with the church. As for my character, I have a long line of "wog" achievements in my life since I left the Church.

Thank you for your communication;

Howard Dickman
Chandler, Oklahoma, USA

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes Veda,
I do feel rather sorry for you. Life must be rather squalid.
Scientology can help you with that.

Well I hope that after the pain and sex is addressed, that any compulsion to attack and destroy is resolved then things like love, respect, yah know positive 'theta' things are enhanced. That is what my concept of a worthwhile bridge would be built to get one to. But somehow, I just don't see it or hear it that often. Seems like most of that type of thing comes from those who are NOT on the bridge. Not all, but the promise doesn't seem to be bearing much fruit.

Honestly I find it :sad: because so many had this OPen standard and put so much life into it, but where did it get them?

What would you say is missing Ralph?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Which ship would have gone from LA to San Fransico in the window from of approx March - April of 74? Seemed to me to fairly rough sea not long before San FRan as the waves were breaking hard over the bow and smaller fishing boats were disappearing behind crests of the waves less than 200 or so feet from the Sea Org vessel. Just a little trivia for me but curious.

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

From your scientolopedia riff on the rpf, Howard

Quote from avatarBrian, March 30, 2011 at 12:49 am;

• Hi. I was on the “Excal” as a new recruit on the Deck Project Force in late ’73 and attained “Able Bodied Seaman” in Dec. and went off to ASHO... the captain was Paul Katz and another guy (Michael Maurer??)who had lots of U.S.Coast guard experience who was an incredible guy. Thanks again-Brian-

HA! Thanks for the promotion Brian., but no, I wasn't Captain. The ship went from Bob Young to Alan Long to Dave Murphy to Jessup to Scotty to Riggs. I sailed with all six. Per Riggs the old girl was sold and as the last SO Master he delivered her to the East Coast.

The ship and crew fared best under Alan Long and we had great times. Paul and Kenda Ingraham, Bob and Tina Rosenstein, Bruce Lowdermilk, Pat Hunter, Yvonne Gillingham Press and Husband Gary, Ken and Karen Ostrov, Urban Roman, and, and, and. We all really liked one another. Things started going downhill fast when offloaded Apollo crew started showing up at the top of the Excalibur org board. -pk