What's new

The Second Coming of LRH

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Out of his head, as far as I know. I find it useful to just discount anything anyone says about the whole track that cannot be verified by means more substantial than "recall". That goes for Hubbard, Filbert, El Kin, Pilot and anyone else too. It is so easy to be evaluated for, accept such data as truth because it came from such a "reliable source", and see the same things in one's own "memories".

Wise words. Even with that attitude in mind I find it hard to keep viewing the data as just someone else's viewpoint because I have already mocked it up from reading it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Wise words. Even with that attitude in mind I find it hard to keep viewing the data as just someone else's viewpoint because I have already mocked it up from reading it.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as part of the mock-up is the source of the information. I don't know about you, but I've read hundreds of sci-fi novels with details in them similar to various descriptions of parts of the whole track, and look on the mock-ups I made while reading them as a broadening of my reality.

Every now and then something comes along in real life that approximates one of the mock-ups, and the sci-fi details now help with the alignment of the sci-fi fact. Such as why the apparent conveniences of implanted microchips, debit cards, and a cashless society are a huge trap.

Paul

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Nothing wrong with that, as long as part of the mock-up is the source of the information. I don't know about you, but I've read hundreds of sci-fi novels with details in them similar to various descriptions of parts of the whole track, and look on the mock-ups I made while reading them as a broadening of my reality.

Unfortunately, my tendency is to integrate everything into "the grand picture" and the sources of information are not easily retained. I need to do some work on this.

I can't compete with having read "hundreds" of sci-fi novels - maybe dozens.
Some things do resonate. Dune, in particular. But, I mainly read them because I'm interested in other worlds; real or imagined; and other philosophies. Starship Troopers shows there may be other ways for intelligent life forms to live. Shame it was butchered by Hollywood. Bradbury's Martian Chronicles I found particularly evocative.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
snipped
Remember Ron did say he had almost 100% past life recall. If that was true then I would guess he had parttaken of the tech on the whole track, same as I. I betcha some of the technical assistants he had around him in the early days also had previous scn tech type track.

With gentleness, may I remind you Gnosis to not accept something just because someone says it is so.

In the affirmations/admissions, Ron affirmed :
"Your memory is marvelous and reliable. You can remember perfectly in one reading or one speaking. Your brain capacity is infinite. You cannot hold too much consciously in your brain. You could cram ten billion new facts or scenes or impressions into your brain and remember them all with ease. You have no mental limit on memory or learning. You can remember a thing without accepting it as truth. You accept as truth only those things which you yourself believe after you consciously examine them. You accept all I say here as absolute fact however. You will reverance and believe everything here, consciously and forever. These words sink into your whole being. They remake your entire life. They are your code, belief, your guiding star.

You will know everything you ever knew in any life. You will feel no guilt or lack in yourself about any of your experiences. You can recall them all without pain. Your past was what it was. You cannot change it. But you had the whole right to use or help or hurt people and you are too powerful now to be more than amused by your folly."

On the assumption that he repeated these affirmations as one is supposed to do when using affirmation tech, and that he probably used some magical/auto-hypnosis techniques while doing so, then they will quite likely have affected his belief about his past life recall. Notice how he implanted himself with the idea that these affirmations would short-circuit his critical faculties and that he would believe them and they would guide him without conscious examination.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Unfortunately, my tendency is to integrate everything into "the grand picture" and the sources of information are not easily retained. I need to do some work on this.

I can't compete with having read "hundreds" of sci-fi novels - maybe dozens.
Some things do resonate. Dune, in particular. But, I mainly read them because I'm interested in other worlds; real or imagined; and other philosophies. Starship Troopers shows there may be other ways for intelligent life forms to live. Shame it was butchered by Hollywood. Bradbury's Martian Chronicles I found particularly evocative.

The Grey Lensman series was one of my favorites. Voyage to Arcturus was strange and I liked Dune. We should start a Sci Fi thread.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
snipped

With gentleness, may I remind you Gnosis to not accept something just because someone says it is so.

In the affirmations/admissions, Ron affirmed :
"Your memory is marvelous and reliable. You can remember perfectly in one reading or one speaking. Your brain capacity is infinite. You cannot hold too much consciously in your brain. You could cram ten billion new facts or scenes or impressions into your brain and remember them all with ease. You have no mental limit on memory or learning. You can remember a thing without accepting it as truth. You accept as truth only those things which you yourself believe after you consciously examine them. You accept all I say here as absolute fact however. You will reverance and believe everything here, consciously and forever. These words sink into your whole being. They remake your entire life. They are your code, belief, your guiding star.

You will know everything you ever knew in any life. You will feel no guilt or lack in yourself about any of your experiences. You can recall them all without pain. Your past was what it was. You cannot change it. But you had the whole right to use or help or hurt people and you are too powerful now to be more than amused by your folly."

On the assumption that he repeated these affirmations as one is supposed to do when using affirmation tech, and that he probably used some magical/auto-hypnosis techniques while doing so, then they will quite likely have affected his belief about his past life recall. Notice how he implanted himself with the idea that these affirmations would short-circuit his critical faculties and that he would believe them and they would guide him without conscious examination.

Right on, LionHeart! Gee, he should have made that part of the Bridge. I wonder if he dropped it.

With some amusement, the main point I'm seeing is that we LOVE (just love it) to mock up, and that is why we love stories and other people's mock ups, at least the more adventurous mocker-uppers.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The Grey Lensman series was one of my favorites. Voyage to Arcturus was strange and I liked Dune. We should start a Sci Fi thread.

Voyage certainly was strange, and, also bizarrely beautiful and mystical, but I don't know many people who've ever heard of David Lindsay :)

Usually I'll re-read books I like dozens of times, but, I've only managed to do Voyage 2 or, maybe 2 1/2 times. A little *too* disjointed, even if it is good.

On a more 'fun' level, I suspect that Jack Vance took some influences from Lindsay for a numer of his books. He's got so many good ones, it's hard to make specific recommendations, but, 'The Eyes of the Overworld' is one where I see some lindsayan influence, and it's both fun and funny. It's about a 3rd class 'magician', thief and con-man named Cugel the Clever and his adventures. It's part of the whole 'Dying Earth' series of 'fantasy' stories, and, Cugel is a recurrent figure in a number of them.

I'm usually not a huge 'fantasy' fan, but, Vance manages to keep it on a less than mushy level.

Zinj

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I'm meeting a friend soon who spoke with LRH (on the phone) only weeks before he died. If I get any interesting data I'll post it.

I think I'm about to destroy any credibility I may have developed since joining the forum :melodramatic: :melodramatic: :melodramatic:

I've spoken with my friend and he is reluctant to have anything made public about his comm with LRH, primarily because it may compromise those through whom he was contacted by LRH - 2 people who were not SO staff and have since dropped off the radar.

The comm did not take place "weeks before LRH died" as I stated earlier.
My friend had thought this because of some unusual events that took place in 1984 and the fact that a face-to-face meeting with LRH that was planned, did not happen. However, my friend was not aware that LRH's death was not reported until 1986.

The only data that I can provide is that LRH was interested at the time in 1) the physics of universes, and 2) implants that were designed to keep specific thetans apart from each other.

My sincere apologies if I raised expectations of some great insight or scoop on LRH's last years :redface:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think I'm about to destroy any credibility I may have developed since joining the forum :melodramatic: :melodramatic: :melodramatic:

I've spoken with my friend and he is reluctant to have anything made public about his comm with LRH, primarily because it may compromise those through whom he was contacted by LRH - 2 people who were not SO staff and have since dropped off the radar.

The comm did not take place "weeks before LRH died" as I stated earlier.
My friend had thought this because of some unusual events that took place in 1984 and the fact that a face-to-face meeting with LRH that was planned, did not happen. However, my friend was not aware that LRH's death was not reported until 1986.

The only data that I can provide is that LRH was interested at the time in 1) the physics of universes, and 2) implants that were designed to keep specific thetans apart from each other.

My sincere apologies if I raised expectations of some great insight or scoop on LRH's last years :redface:

So LRH was still stuck in his fixation on MEST and far, far from spiritual freedom. Poor Ron, my dear friend, my guru, my failure! :sadwave: :bigcry:

Tanstaafl, you are hereby forgiven for your misleading of us and raising false hopes and your credability is hereby restored! ;)

Tanstaafl

Crusader
So LRH was still stuck in his fixation on MEST and far, far from spiritual freedom. Poor Ron, my dear friend, my guru, my failure! :sadwave: :bigcry:

Well, I think that may be a little unfair. Recently I've been trying to figure out why OT abilities are so rare among long-term Scns. (And before Roland et al chime in with "because they're bullshit" - I saw you coming:))

When getting some objectives a while back I became aware of having attention units in at least a dozen places simultaneously - no wonder I'm easily confused! :confused:

Now maybe they were my attention units and maybe they were strong theta associations or split theta lines. But I was left with the strong impression that I was not going to go OT without all these other "parts of myself" going OT also.

I believe, rightly or wrongly, that when one of those split theta lines gets enturbulated it impinges on the others but when one keys out it doesn't necessarily have a positive effect on the others.

My impression was that these other "me's" were located in different universes.
Perhaps LRH was looking for ways to process across universes? Just a thought. Or maybe he was looking for a safer place to store all his cash? :)

Tanstaafl, you are hereby forgiven for your misleading of us and raising false hopes and your credability is hereby restored! ;)

God bless you Lionheart - I am redeemed! :happydance:

Cheers

tanstaafl

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
God bless you Lionheart - I am redeemed! :happydance:

Cheers

tanstaafl

Well the power was "invested" in me years ago by my friend Ron. ;)

Yes, of course I was being unfair. Of course Ron may have been doing what you say about universes, but if so, he was still fixed in the apparancy of universes rather than being exterior to such influences. Still fixed in MEST (implants) influencing the un-influencable nothingness static. Still not understanding his own axioms.

I can only speak for me, but I have found that real spiritual freedom lies outside of the realms of matter, energy, space and time or variations of these. Whilever one processes or "handles" these things, one is stuck in them.

But here, right here, this nowhere that is allwhere, here, now and always, there is unspeakable peace profound! :happydance:

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Well the power was "invested" in me years ago by my friend Ron. ;)

Funny you should say that. Once, when I got the "by the powers invested in me...." r-factor, I really keyed-in. I thought: " I don't give a damn what you say, I need to be forgiven by those I've transgressed against!"

The post-confessional forgiveness means nothing to me, although I can see it having some usefulness as an ack and end-of-cycle. Forigveness from others is good; forgiveness of self is best. Unfortunately, it's myself that I find it hardest to forgive :duh: I've even forgiven Xenu! :)

Yes, of course I was being unfair. Of course Ron may have been doing what you say about universes, but if so, he was still fixed in the apparancy of universes rather than being exterior to such influences. Still fixed in MEST (implants) influencing the un-influencable nothingness static. Still not understanding his own axioms.

I can see that viewpoint but I can also see that we have to directly confront the bands of operation that we have descended - thought, effort, emotion, etc.

I can only speak for me, but I have found that real spiritual freedom lies outside of the realms of matter, energy, space and time or variations of these. Whilever one processes or "handles" these things, one is stuck in them.

I know where you're coming from. My own experience has left me cautious of key-outs. As a Buddhist several lifetimes ago I was in great shape and it appeared to me that there was nothing I needed to handle - but look at me now! :melodramatic: It's easy to think there's nothing left to key-in and then.........

I think there's a case for addressing both sides: 1) Addressing senior truths and acting accordingly in life, and, 2) addressing case.

There's also the question of goals. It seems to me that the goal of Buddhism is to leave the game. What first got me interested in Scn was the idea of playing a better game. My personal goal is to be able to withdraw entirely from universes but also to play games if I choose without them becoming aberrative.

But here, right here, this nowhere that is allwhere, here, now and always, there is unspeakable peace profound! :happydance:

Very true. I'm sincerely happy for you! :)

I have a friend who had an "ascension experience". They popped out of the universe entirely for a brief time. It seemed odd to me that they considered that something had actually happened. My own belief is that they re-tuned to a viewpoint that they always have but are rarely connected to and then tuned out again.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Funny you should say that. Once, when I got the "by the powers invested in me...." r-factor, I really keyed-in. I thought: " I don't give a damn what you say, I need to be forgiven by those I've transgressed against!"

The post-confessional forgiveness means nothing to me, although I can see it having some usefulness as an ack and end-of-cycle. Forigveness from others is good; forgiveness of self is best. Unfortunately, it's myself that I find it hardest to forgive :duh: I've even forgiven Xenu! :)

I can see that viewpoint but I can also see that we have to directly confront the bands of operation that we have descended - thought, effort, emotion, etc.

I know where you're coming from. My own experience has left me cautious of key-outs. As a Buddhist several lifetimes ago I was in great shape and it appeared to me that there was nothing I needed to handle - but look at me now! :melodramatic: It's easy to think there's nothing left to key-in and then.........

I think there's a case for addressing both sides: 1) Addressing senior truths and acting accordingly in life, and, 2) addressing case.

There's also the question of goals. It seems to me that the goal of Buddhism is to leave the game. What first got me interested in Scn was the idea of playing a better game. My personal goal is to be able to withdraw entirely from universes but also to play games if I choose without them becoming aberrative.

Very true. I'm sincerely happy for you! :)

I have a friend who had an "ascension experience". They popped out of the universe entirely for a brief time. It seemed odd to me that they considered that something had actually happened. My own belief is that they re-tuned to a viewpoint that they always have but are rarely connected to and then tuned out again.

Good luck in your journey Tanstaafl!

Forgiveness r-factor - That auditor should have spotted your protest and helped you find Grace. But we can forgive him or her! Personally I loved gving audited confessionals!

I know what you mean about forgiving yourself. But try it. You can try it right now. See if you can forgive yourself a little bit, and a little bit more....

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I know what you mean about forgiving yourself. But try it. You can try it right now. See if you can forgive yourself a little bit, and a little bit more....

Thanks for that, Lionheart. I've been working on forgiving myself for some time - it'd be easier to eat ten raw pigs for breakfast!:eek:
It'd help if I knew what I was trying to forgive myself for :duh:

I have made some progress on not beating myself up when I don't do things the way I want to. I'm currently taking inspiration from a Zen master quoted in Zen in the Art of Archery: "The way to the goal is not to be measured! Of what importance are days, weeks, months?"

Cheers

tanstaafl

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for that, Lionheart. I've been working on forgiving myself for some time - it'd be easier to eat ten raw pigs for breakfast!:eek:
It'd help if I knew what I was trying to forgive myself for :duh:

I have made some progress on not beating myself up when I don't do things the way I want to. I'm currently taking inspiration from a Zen master quoted in Zen in the Art of Archery: "The way to the goal is not to be measured! Of what importance are days, weeks, months?"

Cheers

tanstaafl

Thanks for the laugh over the first part of your message.

The goal is not the goal. The goal is the journey towards the goal. Enjoy the journey, the goal may or may not happen, but the journey will - cherish it!

BTW if you can't forgive yourself too well at any time, try blaming yourself for a while! :) Then spend a bit of time forgiving yourself.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
BTW if you can't forgive yourself too well at any time, try blaming yourself for a while! :) Then spend a bit of time forgiving yourself.

Good idea. I ought to try that as I use a similar technique with other problems:

Being the great and wise being that I clearly am (rarely acknowledged, I might add) I occasionally experience something like this: The Mrs asks for a cup of tea - but I made the last one! Oh the injustice of it all! It's so unfair! :melodramatic: Thankfully, my one free attention unit going spare, I am able to mock-up an exagerration of my pathetic reaction, so I'll imagine the enormous effort of switching the kettle on, the heroic endeavour of getting the milk out of the fridge, etc. Finally, I crawl over to her with the tea and whisper "Here's your cuppa darling" with my dying breath.

Somewhere along the line I cognite on the utter ridiculousness of my previous stimulus-response reaction and get over it.