The Simple Story of Dianetics and Scientology

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Gib, Jul 25, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

There's at least 2 books that Hubbard claims can drive a person batshit crazy:

Self Analysis
    Excalibur

Then there's the Brainwashing Manual. I can't remember if it goes into detail of driving people crazy but it does detail loss of mental faculties/independence at the hands of another.

2. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't suppose we'll ever know if Elron actually did write a book titled "Excaliur"

But "Self Analysis" drive someone crazy??????????????

3. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

All this is on your own responsibility. Anything as powerful as these processes can occasionally flare. If you are fairly stable mentally there is no real danger. But I will not mislead you. If you see somebody who isn’t quite as stable as he thinks he is working with Self Analysis, coax it away from him. If he can barely stand mental chicken broth, he has no right to be dining on raw meat. Send him to see a professional auditor. And even if he does throw a wheel, a professional auditor can straighten him out. Just send for an auditor. Don’t then, disabuse yourself of the fact that Self Analysis can send the unstable spinning. We’re dealing here with the root stuff of why men go mad. If it isn’t explained in the text, it will be found in a standard work on Dianetics. Even so, it is doubtful if Self Analysis could create as much madness in a year as an income tax blank from our thorough if somewhat knuckle-headed government.

L. Con Hu666ard

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  4. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

When I was "in" I doubted that Excalibur really existed, but it seems that it actually did, or does. Gerry Armstrong claims to have read it and fellow writer Arthur Burks claimed he read it in 1938 when Hubbard wrote it. Hubbard also referred to it as "The One Command" and "The Dark Sword." This has been discussed before.
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/...-scientology-to-ot-levels.43360/#post-1130578

As for Self Analysis, in the Introduction Hubbard says:
    http://projectavalon.net/Self_Analysis.pdf

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  5. Clay Pigeon

Cooooooooooooooooooool...

6. Clay Pigeon

Two or three years after my life long best pal and I hooked up he told me he hadn't actually won a silver star in Vietnam and in fact when his Division at Ft Lewis was sent he was in the hospital with a broken leg suffered in a barroom brawl.

I don't regard him as a liar...

7. Veda

Veda Sponsor

8. Clay Pigeon

I wouldn't call Hubbard a liar merely for failure to carefully evaluate...

The highest purpose in the universe is The American League Pennant.

9. Clay Pigeon

There is this in response to charge Hubbard was a liar

To whichh HH and Pitsy are welcome to respond

10. Gib

Gib Crusader

that's really great Terril,

I hope you continue to be 3 feet back of your head, if that's how you see it..

Myself, after my experience in hubbard's crap, I'm 3 feet in front of my head.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  11. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

It was common knowledge that Ron was trying to nullify Purcell.

12. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Scientology - A Living Quicksand of Souls

The key skill that Hubbard had and utilized to the nth degree was in taking all of the best writings he could copy/paste from, throwing them in a bowl and extrapolating out all the best of which that he could take sole credit for.
    Add on the results of the special research assignments he gave to his followers, like the late Dillard "Bud" Eubank, who introduced him to Mary Sue, who told me how the entire 0 to IV grade chart was subbed out by Ron to a team of guys with a great cross spectrum of psychic/psychological training and experience in many of the "other practices" we were forbidden to participate in for the purpose of removing obstacles to clearing and came up with the grades that he claimed to be sole source of. Dillard said "we decided that it was for the greatest good that we all went along with it and kept quiet about it no matter who's ego got trampled upon".
    Supposedly, and Hubbard gave some credit to him on occasion, Count Albert Korzybski and his General Semantics which had key elements that were morphed into some of the early Dianetics concepts but as I've never read it, I don't know the details.
    Then through a whole lot of faked case histories, books like Dianetics came out along with his faked credentials and a "new science of the mind" was born only to die on the vine a few years later involving Don Purcell and he went on to crap out Scientology, the science of knowing how to know but not when to know it as the knowledge always seemed to come at a time it was no longer relevant, often to merely foster regrets - HA!
    Never have I seen so much made of so little.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  13. Clay Pigeon

And Purcell, as did Dr. Winter, died young.

14. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

Better to die young than an old, deceitful, manipulating con artist who has destroyed the lives of hundreds of people.

15. Clay Pigeon

Hubbard is reliably placed in the Operation PC Freakout program against Paulette Cooper, whose life was not destroyed

When a Chela attaches to a Guru

it is STRICTLY!!!

on a Caveat Emptor basis

"Twas ever thus...

16. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Scientology - A Living Quicksand of Souls

"The lure of the pseudoscientific vocabulary and promises of dianetics cannot but condemn thousands who are beginning to emerge from scientific illiteracy to a continuation of their susceptibility to word-magic and semantic hash".

Which is why he was The Wordler, guru, guide and god to The Riddler, till supplanted by lil Ratman in a boob tube squirrel spinoff series that failed to make the grade!