What's new

The Suppressive Doctrine on Trial: Opening Statement by Gerry Armstrong

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just my 2c (or 2p) here;

As an alternative to closing the thread, how abouit trying this; simply don't answer it and it will more than likely wither on the vine. Very few people are sufficiently driven on a particular topic that they are happy to post on a thread ad infinitum with no one else adding to it.

People in a certain organisation would say this was my "case condition", but I must admit I dislike seeing threads closed and discussion thereby stifled on a forum (I've seen it happen on boards elsewhere).

:thumbsup:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Good grief, Mary, Emma isn't the only one here who's a little tired of it. I'd guess that many of the regular posters are tired of it.

If Emma says "End this now! I hereby declare a moratorium on discussing IRS/Armstrong!" I'll happily apologise to Veda, telling him he was only drawing a short bow.

If she did that I'd consider the price well worth the reward. :)

I slightly disagree. Of course, a mod or admin could easily "end" the discussion here and then the next one and the next one etc.p.p. But the conflict would still be there, wouldn't it? So the "wheel of conflict" would turn on and on and on.

If Caroline and Gerry could just say "OK, we've had to suffer some severe injustices in the past (and probably made some mistakes ourselves during that time), but as long as some of the involved parties are unwilling/unable to cooperate, there's not much we can do about it. But: We're able to let that go and continue to live a happy, satisfying and fulfilling life and we're even able to help a few people while doing so."

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I ask because it seems like nothing in the above case can be overturned or changed.

I also think these letters are too long, tangential, not to the point. They probably frustrate the reader. I know it took much for me to be willing to get through both letters to Marty. A simple question and request for an answer would have done much for attempting communication.

Since he did not answer or reply to satisfaction, what is it exactly you are attempting to resolve? Is itthe lies the cult told the IRS and the black PR the 1023 contained?

Also this, Mary.

1. On October 17, 1995, this Court entered an Order of Permanent Injunction against Armstrong (the "Order") and subsequently incorporated the Order into a judgment entered against Armstrong on May 2, 1996 (the "Judgment")...

2. The Order was valid when rendered and remains fully valid and enforceable. The Court notes that Armstrong's appeal of the Judgment has been dismissed. The Court notes further, however, that even during the pendency of Armstrong's appeal, he was obligated to obey the lawful Order of this Court.

3. Armstrong had knowledge of the Order and, further, that he had the ability to comply with the Order. The Order was specific as to the restrictions it imposed upon Armstrong. There has been no showing, nor suggestion, that he is incapable of complying with the Order. Rather there is ample evidence before this Court that Armstrong has knowingly and deliberately chosen to breach and/or disregard this Court's Order, on numerous occasions.

4. Upon review of the full record before it. this Court has determined that Armstrong has willfully disobeyed the Order. The Court has determined that in thirteen (13) separate incidents between September 2, 1997 and November 26, 1997, Armstrong knowingly and willfully disobeyed the Order of this Court.

IT IS HEREBY ADJUDGED, ORDERED AND DECREED that Defendant Armstrong is guilty of 13 separate acts of Contempt of Court for his repeated failures to obey the Order and Judgment. As set forth above, the Order at all times was and remains valid and enforceable; Armstrong had knowledge of the Order, and the ability to comply with this Order. He willfully and repeatedly disobeyed the Court's Order.

IT IS FURTHER ADJUDGED, ORDERED AND DECREED that Defendant Gerald Armstrong is to be punished for the foregoing contempt by a fine of $200 for each separate violation (for a total of $2,600) and confinement in the County Jail for a period of two days (48 hours) for each separate violation (for a total of 26 days). Armstrong is to surrender himself to Marin County law enforcement officers for the enforcement of said penalties on or before February 10, 1998. Should Armstrong fail to do so, a bench warrant will be issued for his immediate arrest and incarceration until the fines imposed for his acts of contempt are satisfied. Should such a bench warrant be necessary, bail on the warrant is set at $10,000 (ten thousand dollars). DATED: 2-11-98.

GARY W. THOMAS, JUDGE OF THE SUPERIOR COURT"

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/a4/ord-contempt-1998-2-20.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerry & Caroline have made it clear they do not agree with the court's decision or judgements. They are entitled to their opinions which don't amount to a hill of beans with the California courts. The judgement still stands & is enforceable.

If Gerry returns to the U.S., he will be immediately arrested & serve a minimum of 26 days (which would probably be much less given the recent events where inmates are, typically, only serving 1/3 of their sentences due to federal decrees ordering the reduction of overcrowding in California jails).

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I don't give a hoot about anyone's sensitivities when it comes to the good name and continuing health of ESMB.

tom-cruise-no.gif

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Is there a "Should the thread be closed" question up as a subtopic, or not?

Yes, indeed there is, but it doesn't make sense, IMO. This issue will go on and on and on until Caroline and Gerry finally see the light, come to their senses and stop Don Quichoting against the windmills they themselves helped to build and still maintain.

Therefore, this thread can just as well remain open, IMO.

M

Moderator 3

Is there a "Should the thread be closed" question up as a subtopic, or not?

Such has been proposed by some here. I'd prefer that it remain open as long as the discussion brings something of value to ESMB.

Yes, indeed there is, but it doesn't make sense, IMO. This issue will go on and on and on until Caroline and Gerry finally see the light, come to their senses and stop Don Quichoting against the windmills they themselves helped to build and still maintain.

Therefore, this thread can just as well remain open, IMO.

JustSheila

Crusader
Such has been proposed by some here. I'd prefer that it remain open as long as the discussion brings something of value to ESMB.

Okay, well, if that's the case, I got a hot tip earlier today that there's a man who runs a mild Scientology offshoot that owes Emma for two years of unpaid endorsements. :biggrin:

M

Moderator 3

Perhaps it would have been better worded as "something of value to the discussion here on ESMB." That's just my preference, btw.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
In this moving short interview, it's clear that the church harassment and black PR of Marty and Monique have taken a toll on their lives. I believe that this has been a humbling experience over the last several years for 'he who once harassed others'. Perhaps Gerry and Caroline will get some satisfaction out of seeing this, and consider stopping their accusations that Marty is working for the church.
Ex-Scientologist Speaks Out (nbcnews.com FIRSTHAND interview March 19, 2015
[video]https://youtu.be/SkDPf8M_Ni8[/video]

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
In this moving short interview, it's clear that the church harassment and black PR of Marty and Monique have taken a toll on their lives. I believe that this has been a humbling experience over the last several years for 'he who once harassed others'. Perhaps Gerry and Caroline will get some satisfaction out of seeing this, and consider stopping their accusations that Marty is working for the church.
Ex-Scientologist Speaks Out (nbcnews.com FIRSTHAND interview March 19, 2015
[video]https://youtu.be/SkDPf8M_Ni8[/video]

Unknown 'Forces' have removed the NBC NEWS Marty Rathbun YouTube video and CLOSED the YouTube account.
As usual, I download all important YouTube files and the VIDEO is now back up using one of my smaller YouTube accounts.

Published on Mar 20, 2015 -
Marty Rathbun says he has been harassed by the Church of Scientology since leaving. Rathbun confesses that he “helped instruct that monster that now was pursuing me and other people that have stirred up and talked against them – designed to shutter people into silence. SEE STORY HERE:

http://www.examiner.com/article/hbo...es-voices-against-scientology?cid=db_articles

[video=youtube;ndh_-2ZriVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndh_-2ZriVM&feature=youtu.be[/video]